Author Topic: [Skills] What is skill grind!!  (Read 1179 times)

Relax MLG

• Been TM player since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Relax MLG
  • Steam: Relax MLG
[Skills] What is skill grind!!
« on: November 17, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
i have seen maps of skill grinding is it cheating or just there.
For me it does not seem right
I love to code!

Kdogninja1

• The lion's ignore the sheep.
    • View Profile
    • TIGER FITNESS DOT COM
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Kdog ninja 1
Re: What is skill grind!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:34:28 PM »
It's not cheating. It's just a way to get your skills up.

After a while most people will get bored and give up. Only the higher level will stick with it and become... well higher levels
-Kdogninja1

JBL

• da bes err made
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
Not cheating it is just a way to quickly level up skills mining chopping digging etc whatever that person has on there maps hope this helps :)
I'm Da Bess
   Feenga in Da air

Lysther

• Fresh Meat
  • TM Builder & Scripter
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Lysther
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
No is not. Only the easier way to get them up
Lysther nothing much.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »
Skill maps are a staple to skills although it might be slightly easier it still takes time to get those skills up I make skill maps for two reasons.

1.It helps people who aren't that good at certain things cause there skills are low and I like making people happy.

2.Skill maps are what make me me

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 05:28:05 AM »
I guess it's not cheating but to me it is, i do not think skills should be able to be leveled up in creative at all other than local skills as global skills are fit more to survival, this is something I think needs to be changed on the new ports.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:15:05 AM »
I guess it's not cheating but to me it is, i do not think skills should be able to be leveled up in creative at all other than local skills as global skills are fit more to survival, this is something I think needs to be changed on the new ports.

I agree with you to an extent, But there's nothing you can really do in Creative, that you can't do in Survival with tons of gold. I have about 96'000'000 gold on my survival world i believe, Honestly, Limiting it to survival would just delay the process slightly until they get enough gold to do what you can do in Creative.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 12:41:21 AM »
I agree with you to an extent, But there's nothing you can really do in Creative, that you can't do in Survival with tons of gold. I have about 96'000'000 gold on my survival world i believe, Honestly, Limiting it to survival would just delay the process slightly until they get enough gold to do what you can do in Creative.

Here are my thoughts,

Survival/DD may seem to only delay the level up process slightly at the start of leveling up skills,

but if your talking about the highest peak of skill grinding, efficiency is key when going up millions of exp, That small bit of time saved in Creative will end up saving you weeks/months of time, quite literally. (Due to creative tricks and scripts used)
There is no way any survival player can compete with hardcore creative skillers on the boards no matter how much gold they have. (Not all skills are like this though, some are just as easy/fast to level up on survival as creative, Im just speaking as skills as a whole/in general, It really depends on which ones your talking about)

But I guess This really only matters if your interested in the leaderboards,

If your just leveling up to where you can use all items and blocks then it does not make too much a difference imo. both creative/survival will get you there reasonably quick if you know what to do.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:49:57 AM by Steve »

Tempers

• Elite Member
  • Thats how we do it, Tempah style!
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: s7n Tempers
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 03:18:38 AM »
Skill grinding does not seem right to me either because when i play skill maps i always die because skill grinders hence why i don't play skill maps but that does not matter i prevent skill grinders by now hosting local XP worlds then they either start it level 1 or don't play to me it does not seem fair but still some people just like to have high skills to play DD\Survival i don't see anything wrong with that but its mainly just a way to level up your skills.

~Tempers~

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »
Its not cheating, they still have to work for it, its not like its instant, its just organized