Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  A Real Life Question  (Read 1074 times)

Goldfish XP

• We're all hotdogs on the inside
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Goldfish XP
A Real Life Question
« on: November 14, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »
How do you fit in when you don't really share any common interests or goals with the people around you? Is there an alternative to loneliness?

I haven't really been active on this site in ages, but I appreciate any and all replies.
I am the high fiving wiener; I am Hotdog Man

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: A Real Life Question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:04:36 PM »
How do you fit in when you don't really share any common interests or goals with the people around you? Is there an alternative to loneliness?

I haven't really been active on this site in ages, but I appreciate any and all replies.

I don't share any intrests or goals with any one around me in RL, I get by just fine ^_^ (I lie I am sad all the time)

but on the internet here I got tons of friends ^_^. I suggest finding people here and around to talk too. since theres a lot more people on line and your more likely to find people who have inrest and goals as your self ^_^

best of luck! ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Goldfish XP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »
I don't share any intrests or goals with any one around me in RL, I get by just fine ^_^ (I lie I am sad all the time)

but on the internet here I got tons of friends ^_^. I suggest finding people here and around to talk too. since theres a lot more people on line and your more likely to find people who have inrest and goals as your self ^_^

best of luck! ^_^

That's what I've tried, but it feels the same. And when I do find people online, it's not very satisfying. I need irl people that I can see and give high fives to.

Thanks for the reply though

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • snD God
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 11:32:12 PM »
You have two hands for a reason. High five yourself ^-^ ::)
I'm pretty good at stuff.

Goldfish XP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
You have two hands for a reason. High five yourself ^-^ ::)

Shame I can't like this with both hands. Thanks

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »

To be honest RL people are lemons. I just had a good friend that I knew for 10 years stab me in the back and took sides with my ex. I've made more friends over this game alone in a year then I had in RL (Sad I Know), but no one ever really fits in. Especially in high school. I got picked on a lot when I was a freshman due to my love for video games and studying. My own friends bullied me. I just ignored them until they went away. basically what I'm trying to get across is a majority of RL people are mean, rude, and only care about themselves. I honestly rather be alone in Real life and have a few friends on the internet then be careless people that walk this earth and bully others for entertainment.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »
You will probably end up being friends with someone that you didnt even think twice about (assuming you are talking about school)

To make friends, just be nice to others, and be yourself.

I felt the same as you, I had a few people that I socialized with, and I ate about 90% of my lunches alone in the comp lab(darn intronet games is addicting)
And when I walked the stage for graduation, I knew that I was one of the most beloved people there when I heard the applause from my grad class.

Goldfish XP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 11:55:31 PM »
To be honest RL people are lemons. I just had a good friend that I knew for 10 years stab me in the back and took sides with my ex. I've made more friends over this game alone in a year then I had in RL (Sad I Know), but no one ever really fits in. Especially in high school. I got picked on a lot when I was a freshman due to my love for video games and studying. My own friends bullied me. I just ignored them until they went away. basically what I'm trying to get across is a majority of RL people are mean, rude, and only care about themselves. I honestly rather be alone in Real life and have a few friends on the internet then be careless people that walk this earth and bully others for entertainment.

That's very true, but I like people. I live in a small town where half the population is related. Everybody here is concerned with sports, outdoors, drinking beer, and having underage sex, and I just want to hang out and watch movies or whatever it is people do. Video games y'know

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »
That's very true, but I like people. I live in a small town where half the population is related. Everybody here is concerned with sports, outdoors, drinking beer, and having underage sex, and I just want to hang out and watch movies or whatever it is people do. Video games y'know
Yes I understand where you are coming from. Not all people in this demonic world are mean. Some are actually very nice, kind, generous, considerate, and supporting. I basically just described half of the forums and 15% of the TMF online community. lol

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • snD God
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 12:29:29 AM »
A lot of real life friends like you for your stuff. So once you stop providing to them in the way you have been such as, free trips, snacks, homework answers then they automatically stop liking you. Online not everyone is like that because the most you can provide is something for a game. Or if you send gifts.
I'm pretty good at stuff.