Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Mods  (Read 2680 times)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
Re: Mods
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 10:08:49 PM »
Mods won't ever come to Xbox (360, I don't know about One) for Minecraft because of the way games are developed and distributed (same reason TMF won't/doesn't have mods for Xbox). I guess inventory editors and stuff like that (editing world saves) works, though.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Delt4knight

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Delt4knight
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:11 PM »
Mods won't ever come to Xbox (360, I don't know about One) for Minecraft because of the way games are developed and distributed (same reason TMF won't/doesn't have mods for Xbox). I guess inventory editors and stuff like that (editing world saves) works, though.
someone said Microsoft is going to allow mods to minecraft because it's their game,at least I think that's what happend
8) Awesome 8)

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:49 PM »
There's really no choice as to whether or not Total Miner (for the PC) will have mods.
The game is dead in the water on PC if it doesn't support community-made mods. The reason being, why would you want to buy Total Miner without mods when you are one browser-click away from purchasing the PC voxel goliath Minecraft, which has every single mod you could ever want? Playing as Marvel characters, flying around as Superman, ultra-resolution shader mods, laser weapons, actual nukes, you name it.

Without mods, the game is limited in scope. There would be no reason for a prospective buyer to want to buy this game over Minercraft, or even both, when in the buyer's eyes this game would have incredibly less features.

It would be similar to if a First Person Shooter set in a modern warfare setting didn't include multiplayer or aiming down the iron sights. You would never in your right mind buy that game when you could just spend the money to buy Call of Duty, which has every feature the other game is missing and then some. That game simply cannot compete, and Total Miner won't be able to compete without mods.
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
someone said Microsoft is going to allow mods to minecraft because it's their game,at least I think that's what happend

Who is this "someone"?

Also no. Microsoft would never publicly allow modification to their game, because in order to allow modding, you must have access to the game's coding. No player would have the ability to take code off the xbox 360, tamper with the code, and have it re-uploaded on the console.

Also Microsoft would them lose out on quite a bit of DLC purchases. Why buy the Guardians of the Galaxy skin pack when a community member could upload a mod that opens that up for free? Or all of them for that matter
You make me smile!

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
I'm still pretty sure that's not happening, for the reasons I already said.

How would that even work? Xbox doesn't have a file explorer that allows you to dig around for (useful) game files (like on computers), they would have to design a completely new file explorer that gives the user access to directories/files that devs would like to keep off-limits.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:24:44 PM by MrMarooca »
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Delt4knight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
I'm still pretty sure that's not happening, for the reasons I already said.

How would that even work? Xbox doesn't have a file explorer that allows you to dig around for (useful) game files (like on computers), they would have to design a completely new file explorer that gives the user access to directories/files that devs would like to keep off-limits.
the minecraft store? Duh
8) Awesome 8)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 10:29:18 PM »
the minecraft store? Duh
Okay, so those wouldn't be mods then, those would be DLC/expansions which are created by the game's developers.

Delt4knight

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 10:30:34 PM »
Okay, so those wouldn't be mods then, those would be DLC/expansions which are created by the game's developers.
well they would have to make a mod maker but whetever
8) Awesome 8)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
well they would have to make a mod maker but whetever
I'm sorry, but mods will not come to any Xbox game for many reasons.
Microsoft literally employs people (XBLPET) to go into games such as CoD WaW and ban modders/hackers. 

Delt4knight

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »
I'm sorry, but mods will not come to any Xbox game for many reasons.
Microsoft literally employs people (XBLPET) to go into games such as CoD WaW and ban modders/hackers. 
why don't we just ask Microsoft on what they plan to do with the Xbox 360 minecraft, huh?
8) Awesome 8)