Author Topic:  TM Modding API  (Read 3041 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
TM Modding API
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
If you know anybody who would be interested in designing a modding API for TM PC, and has the relevant skills, I'd be interested in talking with them.

The programming language is C#.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:19:48 AM by Craig »

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: TM Modding API
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »
<3 give me 2 weeks and I'll be ready

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 11:31:44 AM »
I'm not doubting the ability of anyone, but should there not be the requirement of someone having some sort of past experience with Modding and knows how to make a Modding API. Showing in the form of something they can show off.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:24 AM »
should there not be the requirement

and has the relevant skills

some sort of past experience with Modding
Yes, specifically with open creative voxel games. And no, we are not talking about hex modding data files here ;)

and knows how to make a Modding API.
Yes, and not just modding API's, I would expect the person has considerable experience in designing several types of API's.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 10:45:52 PM »
What exactly are you looking to make this API do? I'm not exactly a god at programming, but C# is my best language. PM me if you're still looking into this, and maybe I can evaluate whether I'd be able to do this or not.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 11:13:44 PM »
What exactly are you looking to make this API do? I'm not exactly a god at programming, but C# is my best language. PM me if you're still looking into this, and maybe I can evaluate whether I'd be able to do this or not.
That's for the API designer to specify. I don't have the time. I need someone who can do it themselves. Of course I'll be involved in deciding what ultimately can and cannot be done, and fine tuning the API, but I need someone who can do most of the specification and design themselves.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 11:31:44 PM »
That's for the API designer to specify. I don't have the time. I need someone who can do it themselves. Of course I'll be involved in deciding what ultimately can and cannot be done, and fine tuning the API, but I need someone who can do most of the specification and design themselves.

Well, I'm interested in helping out. Again, PM me if you would like me to assist you with this.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »
I have pm you and hope that I get the privilege to make a modding api and mods for the community

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »
I have pm you and hope that I get the privilege to make a modding api and mods for the community
Just confirming do you know what a modding API is, and do you have proof that you can make a modding API?

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 02:10:24 AM »
Just confirming do you know what a modding API is, and do you have proof that you can make a modding API?
what type of proof do you need

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 03:18:34 AM »
what type of proof do you need
An API or two that you have made, does not have to be a modding API

Yes, and not just modding API's, I would expect the person has considerable experience in designing several types of API's.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 07:13:53 AM »
An API or two that you have made, does not have to be a modding API
where should i put it for u to see also I understand that it will be timely and will have to be done quick but good

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 07:17:12 AM »
where should i put it for u to see also I understand that it will be timely and will have to be done quick but good
just pm clerical and i assume craig would want to see to

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
PM Craig, i would not understand it :3

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 09:53:30 AM »
PM Craig, i would not understand it :3
ok lol let me dig threw all my files I thinks its on a usb