Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  A Guide to Attributes  (Read 4582 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
Re: A Guide to Attributes
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
Not if its not a component :P ATM I would classify my world as a construction as there is nothing to do yet its just for something to look at, at the moment :P

If it is a world in which players are supposed to explore and see all that you've created, it would be Exploration. (I am assuming this is ROW).

If it is a work in progress, it would be construction.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 06:07:21 PM »
If it is a world in which players are supposed to explore and see all that you've created, it would be Exploration. (I am assuming this is ROW).

If it is a work in progress, it would be construction.
Yes Im talking about RoW and I understand what you mean, thanks for giving me your insight! :D

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 06:10:15 PM »
Yes Im talking about RoW and I understand what you mean, thanks for giving me your insight! :D

I should also say that there will most certainly be worlds that do not fit under any of these categories.

The best example I can think of is a number of Diamondback's, Dauntless's, and Quad's worlds. They usually feature large creative creations that players are simply meant to observe and take inspiration from.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 06:48:25 PM »
The best example I can think of is a number of Diamondback's, Dauntless's, and Quad's worlds. They usually feature large creative creations that players are simply meant to observe and take inspiration from.
These are the type of worlds the Construction attribute was intended for, rather than work's in progress. I'd prefer to add a "Work In Progress" attribute for incomplete worlds. I could do that easily if you think it would be helpful.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
These are the type of worlds the Construction attribute was intended for, rather than work's in progress. I'd prefer to add a "Work In Progress" attribute for incomplete worlds. I could do that easily if you think it would be helpful.
I would probably use that more then any of the other ones, Alot of the time i have no idea what my map is going to be about till after im building, Also tells people what to expect when they join your world.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »

It would most certainly help people browsing. Will update the OP with the intended construction definition. Thanks for the information Craig.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
yes it would help allot that way people know

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
yes it would help allot that way people know
Added

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 02:04:36 AM »
I could use that attribute for my world now, for quite a while actually. I'd find this HIGHLY useful as well. Glad you're adding it! It would save folks from messaging me if it is done or not when they just joined.

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 02:45:24 AM »
So I was right Con! >:D