Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Steam Trailer  (Read 6148 times)

Fudge

• Mr. Buzzkill ready for business
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: albinoASIAN303
  • Steam: carterpc4
Re: Steam Trailer
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
People have short attention spans!
Just throw everything interesting into the game and keep it within 1 minuite.
The overwelming amount of stuff will just make the person think...
Wait, il watch that again.
The next time:
Ok im getting this now!

Craig already said around 3 minutes. Twice.
(_)- look away m9

MeLikeyDaCheese

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 12:42:29 PM »
Im just saying 1 minuite might make the trailer more purswasive.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
Im just saying 1 minuite might make the trailer more purswasive.
1 min would mean we can only put a few features in the trailer, the longer the trailer the more stuff we can put in it, 3 mins is the average time for a trailer like this in most cases.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
Around 2 minutes, once.

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 07:49:42 PM »
I know this trailer is not a submission thing.. but I finally buckled down and finished my "little" project anyway that has since spanned 3-4 months. Uploading ATM, ill make my own topic soon. you can check it out then. Im not a pro editor by any means.. so frankly its held together with thumbtacks and Elmer's glue, I Will work on a revised better version once I get peoples feedback, but figured somethings better than nothing.

DoctorSoda

• OBEY THE VOICES-THE VOICES IN MY HEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
i have one question if total miner does get greenlit and does become available on steam how would multiplayer work would we have to port forward and host our own worlds and join by ip or would it all be server based and be able to join games like it is on xbox, because i have a problem with port forwarding and have to use hamachi to host my own games.

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »
i have one question if total miner does get greenlit and does become available on steam how would multiplayer work would we have to port forward and host our own worlds and join by ip or would it all be server based and be able to join games like it is on xbox, because i have a problem with port forwarding and have to use hamachi to host my own games.

Being greenlit will Be the lifesource of the TM PC port, Im assuming its not worth his time "yet" to port the game to PC if it does not get greenlit.. which wont happen because it will.

apigonafarm

• View Profile
  • Xbox: a pig on a farm
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
Hey!, I'd Love to help but im restricted cause i dont have a capture card. I can however make art! I'm willing to make a quick screen play just to get the jest of it. what we do need to organize though is what we want incorporated! heres my suggestions
Building: this is like 40% of the game so duh we need this
digging: again this is a large portion of the game
crafting: another big part of the game so we need to showcase it and it's expansiveness, we can do that through crafting a few cool items and scrolling through the quick craft list.
Skill system: I know this is a big positive to the game, ive gotten people to play it just for the stats! not including this in the trailer would be a crime! this can be simply and quickly put in, just show some scrolling through the skills so people can see all there is to offer.
Combat: obviously we need to include combat, both pvp and pve to show off all capabilities!
Exploration: definately need to show some exploring, whether it be the oasis, underworld, big caves, whatever it is make it grand and look badass!
Potential: we need to show off some of those big builds and awesome stuff so that people can see that you can make some awesome stuff in the game. most importantly INSPIRE PEOPLE.

Also side note: when building try to build with more unique pieces so people know there's more than just cubes. and as for digging try to get some cave in footage and spider dens.
sure is cold, better wear snow armor

Platinum!
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
PLATINUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!1!!!!!

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »
PM'd you.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.