Author Topic:  Component Refinement  (Read 414 times)

TDi Saint

• Awards 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TDi Saint
Component Refinement
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
First off I'd like to say that I did use the search bar to try and find this and wasn't able to find anything on the subject so if this has already been posted I apologize.

Now onto the idea.

Basically while I was trying to paste my ship components onto a new map I had to keep on restarting as it would often be just off since I had to use four separate components. The problem was that I couldn't rotate the component in a way that allowed me to easily see if it was lined up properly due to the fact that the only way of rotating it is moving around it. This turned what should of been something quick and easy into something annoying and time consuming.

My idea is simple, currently is you hold "RB" and move the right stick forward or backward you can change the distance it is from you, so how about if you were to turn it left or right it would rotate the component 90 degrees in that direction, you could then move around the component as normal without it changing its orientation and generally being a nuisance.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :).

(P.S. If you can already do this feel free to mock me :P)

EDIT: sorry for posting in the wrong thread, was in a rush, could a mod please either delete or move this, thanks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:16:03 PM by TDi Saint »

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Component Refinement
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 05:59:08 PM »
I've had several lengthy battles with the components, eventually wrestling them into submission but they're worthy opponents.
The method you suggested would be easier. I'd prefer it that way, too.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:06:13 PM by muDsluG »

dakilla1562

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
Good idea! I think this will definitely be helpful in creative maps! Precision is key!

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:26:13 PM »
It's just a suggestion but it would be nice if when trying to fit two components together the blocks that overlapped became red to signify that a block in the outline for showing where the component would be was colliding with another block or the ground. I don't know if you understand what I mean.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.