Author Topic:  Nintendo Thread.  (Read 4359 times)

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
Nintendo Thread.
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »
I finally felt the need to create a mega thread for the latest Nintendo is bringing out over the next few months including games, consoles and new features.

Console Related.

New 3DS Announced:

On August 29 a new 3DS was announced featuring more buttons a new analog stick and the ability to play Wii Games such as XenoBlade and have the ability to use the new amiibo feature.

The equivalent price in Japan is about 150 so high hopes for a cheap ugrade.

12 Amiibo characters announced:

For those unfamiliar to Amiibo, it is a figure which stores character information (much like Skylanders) and you will be able to transfer these character data between Wii U and 3DS. Many assume that it is a simple pay-to-win whereas the reality is you have to train the amiibos to be strong fighting against them to improve there levels in the case of the new Super Smash Bros. So far Amiibo has already been confirmed to work with Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 with plenty more titles to be announced for.

3DS themes to be released in October:

In a title update which will be released in October there will be the ability to customise your 3ds with themes much similar to Xbox 360. The first lot of themes are from games such as Legend Of Zelda, Animal Crossing and both the new and old style Mario.

Mario Kart 8 DLC announced:

Two Packs have been announced for Mario Kart 8, the first will consist of Tanooki, Cat Peach and Link as well as four new vehicles and eight new tracks.

The second pack consists of Villager, Isabelle (Both from the Animal Crossing Franchise) and Dry Bowser. Again this pack comes with four new vehicles and eight new tracks.

You are able to pre-order both packs for 11 or 7 each and the the first pack will be released in November and the second is released in May. However for pre-ordering you get Eight different coloured Yoshi and ShyGuy Characters. Yes I have pre-ordered both packs myself. :3

Hyrule Warriors to be released 19/09/14 UK, 26/09/14 NA:

For those unfamiliar the new Hyrule Warriors is a combination of the Hack and Slash similar to Dynasty Warrior mixed with the characters from the Legend of Zelda franchise. The game itself looks massively entertaining with many things to do and many characters to play as. So far the list consists of.

http://zeldawiki.org/Characters_in_Hyrule_Warriors

Sorry the list is too long and I'm lazy now a days.

Another interesting feature is the splitscreen, the reason it is interesting is that rather than two people having to share a single screen Hyrule Warriors makes it so One player plays solely on the Wii U Pad and the second player has the entire screen for them self.

However if you want too find out more about this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors

That is it for September and Next month I will be posting a bigger list due to the release of the themes, bayonetta two, super smash bros for 3ds and many more.

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Zoidberg

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: v Zoidberg v
  • Steam: v_Zoidberg_v
Re: Nintendo Thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »
The only recent Nintendo game that I've played is Mario Kart 8, and it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Elites

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Elitxz
  • PSN: RvG_Fade
  • Steam: Elitxz
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »
Mario Cart FTW

\[T]/ You are not prepared!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »
Mario Cart FTW
Silently curses Rainbow Road track on the N64 version for teaching me how to cuss at the tender age of 8....

I loved that game though, so much fun. :)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:13:30 PM »
is the new mario cart still crap like the wii version was? as in they gave you junk items if you where in first and they all had "catch up" that no matter how perfect you where you always had peopel on your tail..........

and a novol size of other issues XD ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »
I use to play Mario at UIL events for school for entertainment.
We would get 8 players and host it was always really fun! :D
Welcome, come on inside...

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »
is the new mario cart still crap like the wii version was? as in they gave you junk items if you where in first and they all had "catch up" that no matter how perfect you where you always had peopel on your tail..........

and a novol size of other issues XD ^_^

The items are partially determined by position, but it's nowhere near as bad as MK Wii, you just have a higher % chance of getting certain items if you're in a bad place. I've gotten the lucky 8 plenty of times while in the top 5 which is without a doubt the best thing in the game to get. It pretty much gives you one of every weapon and you basically just destroy anyone unlucky enough to be near you.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
The items are partially determined by position, but it's nowhere near as bad as MK Wii, you just have a higher % chance of getting certain items if you're in a bad place. I've gotten the lucky 8 plenty of times while in the top 5 which is without a doubt the best thing in the game to get. It pretty much gives you one of every weapon and you basically just destroy anyone unlucky enough to be near you.

cool ^_^

anywho

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-s-plan-to-quietly-kill-the-wii-u/1100-6418177/

while its tehcnicnjkly comintary, I thought it was an interesting (all be it long) read. ^_^

am kinda sad I never got one. but at the same time I got a ps4 and an xbone..........and the xbone collects dust. sadly the wii u would probly collect dust too (after I played the heck out of hyrua warriors ^_^) ^_^

anywho

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 05:05:11 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-s-plan-to-quietly-kill-the-wii-u/1100-6418177/

while its tehcnicnjkly comintary, I thought it was an interesting (all be it long) read. ^_^

am kinda sad I never got one. but at the same time I got a ps4 and an xbone..........and the xbone collects dust. sadly the wii u would probly collect dust too (after I played the heck out of hyrua warriors ^_^) ^_^
What thats insane why would they do that? lol i dont have a wii u but want one to play supper smash i played the 3DS Demo i do not like the 3DS control feel of it it only works with a remote in your hand Nintendo but i hear Wii u gets in this up comeing week ill have to play a game stop demo and hope they have it if not i wont get to play it at all :(

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »
What thats insane why would they do that? lol i dont have a wii u but want one to play supper smash i played the 3DS Demo i do not like the 3DS control feel of it it only works with a remote in your hand Nintendo but i hear Wii u gets in this up comeing week ill have to play a game stop demo and hope they have it if not i wont get to play it at all :(

I wouldn't worry about that article. It's just a clickbait story the major websites love to post to get people to leave comments and keep returning to the page, thereby increasing their ad views. Which is yet another great reason why every single person on earth should be using https://adblockplus.org/

Sales for Wii U are up something like 50% over last year, and Smash has yet to release. I'd estimate by the end of the year they'll have more than doubled the previous year. The last sales figures I saw, they were pretty much even with the Xbone.. which of course is far, far behind the PS4, but that's nothing to sneeze at. MK8, Smash, Bayonetta, 3D World, Wind Waker, that's a lot of 9/10-10/10 games to be selling for the holidays. And the Amiibo figures could help that even further. It worked out really well for Skylanders

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 11:40:58 AM »
I wouldn't worry about that article. It's just a clickbait story the major websites love to post to get people to leave comments and keep returning to the page, thereby increasing their ad views. Which is yet another great reason why every single person on earth should be using https://adblockplus.org/

Sales for Wii U are up something like 50% over last year, and Smash has yet to release. I'd estimate by the end of the year they'll have more than doubled the previous year. The last sales figures I saw, they were pretty much even with the Xbone.. which of course is far, far behind the PS4, but that's nothing to sneeze at. MK8, Smash, Bayonetta, 3D World, Wind Waker, that's a lot of 9/10-10/10 games to be selling for the holidays. And the Amiibo figures could help that even further. It worked out really well for Skylanders

that's why I made sure to say its comintary and not anews article ^_^

but I am glad you are here to set things straight! ^_^

as I said before I do want a wii-u, but as it is one of my consules (2 if you caunt the 360 I am ever only on now to test tm) just collects dust.

if I got a a wii-u I emagine there wouyld be een more consules collecting dust sadly. theres just so many cool games out there I want to play ^_^

for wii-u I want to play hyural warriors (since I am a huge dynasty warriors fan). and I wanted to play bayanaeta 2 (since I had a lot of fun with the first one). ^_^

Mario kart wii kinda destroyed the name for me, not sure I would play mirokart 8. I havint played a Zelda game since ocarina of time. havint played a Mario game since the first galazy (since the 2nd oen had the birght idea to remove my favrit cutey rosa!) and I never got into smash brothers. ^_^

anywho

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »
now that I think of it, has any oen played fantasy life for the 3ds yet?

I keep seeing comecircals for it, and it seems right up my ally ^_^

has any one played it yet? ^_^

anywho

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »

Oh ok got it. yah i just heard of what the Amiibo figures weird seems kinda cool. Ill see if ill get a wii u as well play some Mario kart and super smash maybe next year as ill be getting paid money for working next year. So that will be cool to get and play maybe test out Hyrule Warriors as well.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 07:37:09 PM »
Silently curses Rainbow Road track on the N64 version for teaching me how to cuss at the tender age of 8....

I loved that game though, so much fun. :)

Just goes to prove you were born to be a Squid, even if you were a surface puke ^-^. I had friends that came over to play MK64 on my big screen, 4 way split screen, there part of it was about the same as they played on at home. Loved playing it with my kids, great times, great memories.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!