Author Topic:  Civilizations Trailer  (Read 712 times)

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
Civilizations Trailer
« on: August 14, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »

A Dig Deep Experience: Civilizations Trailer

I decided to make a short trailer of my dig deep map Civilizations. The video isn't really intended to promote the map, but rather a fun video montage of several builds on the map.
I love the Stargate Atlantis theme song, so I chose it for the trailer.
Also a huge shoutout to Quadraphinic for helping with the moving character into the Stargate. We both thought it would be cool to have a robotic moving into the Stargate to explore.

Note that this is not all of the builds on the map!!!!! There are plenty more that had to be omitted, but I tried to add as many as I could.

I'm kind of disappointed the quality only came out to 720p, so it may look a bit grainy. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I'm scared to think the video footage was shot in that setting, which then I would have to remake the trailer to get 1080p :P

If you would like to see the builds in depth and explanations on how I built them, visit the "Your World" thread of Civilizations here: Civilizations
You make me smile!

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • snD God
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
Re: Civilizations Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
Absolute amazing map.
I'm pretty good at stuff.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
One of my two favorite Dig Deep maps out there. Nice trailer Daunt!

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
  • Awards 3 years on site 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »
I Adore how the backround music gave this trailer more excitement. Definitely one of my favorite maps on total miner. Awesome trailer Daunt!

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 02:59:30 PM »
Wow, great job Daunt, still one of my top 3 favorite maps.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:13:02 PM »
No way! I have been wanting to build a stargate world for ages now! It is by far my favorite tv series out their, now I must actively search out your map to play B)

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »
DUDE! you are now my favorite Youboober!

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »
Great work Daunt! The music really fit the video. Nice choice.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »
The music really fit the video. Nice choice.

When I first started thinking about how I wanted the trailer to sound/look like, I picked the Stargate Atlantis theme because the horn effects in the song made it very melodic to piece my establishing shots around (sorry Im not a musician, correct me if I'm using incorrect terminology).

Also when I was designing it in my head, I liked the idea of the camera panning up to look at the underside of the dome in the Vatican at 0:28. That and I wanted to have a little snippit of someone walking through the Stargate in the SGC to seem like they were exploring other worlds.

So with those two shots, I pieced everything else around it. I made sure to fit the establishing shots with the rise and falling of the music.
You make me smile!

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »
When I first started thinking about how I wanted the trailer to sound/look like, I picked the Stargate Atlantis theme because the horn effects in the song made it very melodic to piece my establishing shots around (sorry Im not a musician, correct me if I'm using incorrect terminology).

Also when I was designing it in my head, I liked the idea of the camera panning up to look at the underside of the dome in the Vatican at 0:28. That and I wanted to have a little snippit of someone walking through the Stargate in the SGC to seem like they were exploring other worlds.

So with those two shots, I pieced everything else around it. I made sure to fit the establishing shots with the rise and falling of the music.

It kind of made me wish we had that song in total miner. I could see tons of uses for adventure maps and such. The song could be used in so many different circumstances.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ