Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Lets build a Quest  (Read 3049 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: Lets build a Quest
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 12:46:02 AM »
1. Post your objective, in detail, including triggers, dialogue (please keep minimal), rewards and anything else.
2. I will try to add your objective to the quest.
3. You will see how it can be added, and if it can be added at all, or if it needs modification.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 01:08:20 AM »
Okay, well, for Tater and I's upcoming origins map we want the game to be wave based. A certain number of zombies are released at the begining of each wave as well as throughout the wave.

If a player has opened certain doors then zombies will be released in the next area rather than the original area.

It would be nice if the waves automatically started. If not, thats fine.

Edit: I may have read the OP wrong. Am I supposed to suggest an entirely new quest or suggest further objectives for the quest you already have?

Edit #2: At some point in the quest, can there be an example script shown of what I described above, with purchasable doors and a way for the script to detect which door has been opened, and therefore choose where to place the mobs.

Like an underground dungeon of sorts with different lairs for each wave. Each subsequent lair becoming more insane?
Would it be a linear progression from each door, or could the player choose any door from the start?

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 01:17:33 AM »
Like an underground dungeon of sorts with different lairs for each wave. Each subsequent lair becoming more insane?
Would it be a linear progression from each door, or could the player choose any door from the start?
Yeah you got the theme.

The player would be able to choose their path. There could even be varied prices depending on which door they choose, with different rewards. The player would still have the choice to camp out in one room for a while if they like it. But waves would still come.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 01:28:06 AM »
Yeah you got the theme.

The player would be able to choose their path. There could even be varied prices depending on which door they choose, with different rewards. The player would still have the choice to camp out in one room for a while if they like it. But waves would still come.
Ok, in order not to get overwhelmed by detail, I'll just add a 2 lair dungeon with these properties as best I can. When the player enters the dungeon, they will talk to an NPCs for instructions. One of the instructions will be to keep killing the zombies until they acquire a certain item that will be needed for the next part of the quest. They can enter either lair from the entrance of the dungeon. They will be notified when they acquire the quest item. Sound ok?

When you say purchasable doors, you mean toll doors?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:29:49 AM by Craig »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 01:31:57 AM »
Ok, in order not to get overwhelmed by detail, I'll just add a 2 lair dungeon with these properties as best I can. When the player enters the dungeon, they will talk to an NPCs for instructions. One of the instructions will be to keep killing the zombies until they acquire a certain item that will be needed for the next part of the quest. They can enter either lair from the entrance of the dungeon. They will be notified when they acquire the quest item. Sound ok?

When you say purchasable doors, you mean toll doors?

Sounds fine to me. Two waves should be fine, as more waves would just be rinsing and repeating the first two.

And yeah, I meant toll doors.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

urlag

• I'm lost
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: urlag
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:49:41 AM »
Once Bob said his first text, it then changes to "good luck". Would I as the adventurer be able to view that first text again if I forgot what he said.
He specifically tells you to enter a door to the West near Diggers Canyon. I may have missed this key information. So could end up missing the next step in the quest. 
Great work so far though. 
Don't drink and script,
 you'll regret it in the morning

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:14 AM »
Would there be away to make a quest based around PvP. For example "kill 10 online players in the arena" and then once you have done so you get to comeback and talk to him then "pick" a reward? By pick I mean to be nice to all players you can choose from a bow, shield or sword. Anyways if these can somehow be made please add them to the quest chain somehow :D

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 05:01:06 AM »
On the way to diggers canyon is a there farmer standing at the gate of his farm.

Talking to the farmer for the first time - "Hey you, think you could help me?  a swarm of goblins broke into my farm and are eating through my wheat field. Think you could get rid of them so I can work on clearing the road ahead?"

Talking to the farmer after accepting quest - "Don't just stand there, kill them goblins before there's nothing left of my wheat."

Talking to the farmer after completing the quest - "Great work there the road ahead is clear."

Completing the quest activates a script that clears the path allowing the adventure to continue the quest.

Is this okay? Or do I need to add more?

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 05:10:44 AM »
On the way to diggers canyon is a there farmer standing at the gate of his farm.

Talking to the farmer for the first time - "Hey you, think you could help me?  a swarm of goblins broke into my farm and are eating through my wheat field. Think you could get rid of them so I can work on clearing the road ahead?"

Talking to the farmer after accepting quest - "Don't just stand there, kill them goblins before there's nothing left of my wheat."

Talking to the farmer after completing the quest - "Great work there the road ahead is clear."

Completing the quest activates a script that clears the path allowing the adventure to continue the quest.

Is this okay? Or do I need to add more?
Yep I think thats enough info.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:12:05 AM »
Once Bob said his first text, it then changes to "good luck". Would I as the adventurer be able to view that first text again
No I can't think of a way for now. But you could include that important info again in that good luck dialogue.