Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Guns Don't Kill People. Do They?  (Read 1617 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
Guns Don't Kill People. Do They?
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »
I did a bit of research. Annually, in the United States, there are nearly 12 thousand more deaths related and attributed to alchohol than those relating to firearms.

Thats a pretty big difference.

We already know why alchohol cant be taken out of the equation. Prohibition was already a failed experiment.

But guns seem to be the focus of a lot of the media's agenda.

Why, if violence is so prevelant in media anyways, does the government care about limiting our ability to use firearms? The simple anwser could be that the government is limiting our ability to fight back.

Maybe its simpler, or not as simple as that.

Post any links and/or opinions you have relating to firearms here for discussion.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Re: Guns Don't Kill People. Do They?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:14:38 AM »
I am on the fence when it comes to this topic. I'll see news about how some crazy lunatic shot people and immediately think gun laws should be more strict. Then I read the other side of the pro/anti gun control and start thinking it's alright to have guns.

It's not like strict gun laws still help. Here in Canada we have strict laws on guns including which guns are actually legal, not to mention you need a permit and require the guns to be locked away when it isn't hunting season. This doesn't stop lunatics from going on a rampage really. If someone is really that loyal to their cause or motive, then not much will stop them from completing it.

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »
I did a bit of research. Annually, in the United States, there are nearly 12 thousand more deaths related and attributed to alchohol than those relating to firearms.

We already know why alchohol cant be taken out of the equation. Prohibition was already a failed experiment.

Why, if violence is so prevelant in media anyways, does the government care about limiting our ability to use firearms? The simple anwser could be that the government is limiting our ability to fight back.

Post any links and/or opinions you have relating to firearms here for discussion.

sigh.... I don't support firearms anymore. Americans, I don't think, should be trusted with them (the general public at least). have you seen the amount of shootings that have happened since the start of the millennium? especially after sandy hook? more gun regulations would be nice, or something until people can be trusted again with firearms.
I'm an Architect

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

yep there are TONS of things that kill more then fire arms. yet fire arms get the focues, why? theres a number of reasions, one of the main being its easyer to blame guns then the sosiaty issues that lead to vilolince.

proabistion is a good exsaple of what would happen if we out rigth ban guns.

of coruse the goverment is limiting our abilty to figth back, the left more so then the right (tho the rigth is not immune form criticistum on this issue as a whole). granted if the goverment wants to its going to kill you, remmber waco, under bill clintion the us goverment burned children alive (go team democrats).

as to gun laws, they tend to do nothing but hamper an avrage cictizens abiulty to defend ones self.
theres a number of great expslaies of it, including all but 2 of the mass shootings here in the states of the dozens theres been, have been in "gun safe zones" knwo why? becuse crimilanls knwo only they will have guns in a gun safe zone. by definition, cirminals will ignore gun laws no matter hwo stricet you make them. want to ban all guns in the us? never gona happen, bvecuse someone will still have a gun, goverment officals, miltary, guns coming over the boarder form mexicao. theres no way to stop them.

best thign to do is to have a well armed and well trianed civivlion population.

edit: forgot to do this part XD

lets take a look at shorts repsonse, (tho i love him), he shows exsactly what the "low information voter" mind set is. he doesint think amaericans citizens should be trusted with them, but hes more then happt to have our tyranical goverment have them.
blamign the amount of shootings on guns and not the sosicty its self and its morals.
ignoring that places liek chicago who has the tuffist gun control laws in the entire of the usa, also has the highist death rate form guns. how can this be? becuse once again it shows that gun laws do for the most part, nothing but hurt the avrgae cistzens abilty to defend ones self.
if the goverment can take away your guns becuse soem kunckle heads cant be trusted, whats next? taking away your money becuse soem cant be trusted with it, taking away your abilty to breed becuse some kunckle heads cant handle it? where does it stop?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:52:31 AM by Agykoo »
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:08 AM »

There are several other places that do not allow guns, and alot of places are better off without them,
However America has had them for so long that they have become a part of your culture,

Reason why removing them won't work very well, is the criminals will hide there guns as it means no one can stop them, And careful civilians will hide them in order to protect themselves from the criminals,

although i personally hate the idea of people walking around and having guns in there homes, Where i live you never see a gun that does not shoot paint or BB pellets

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:22 PM »
There are several other places that do not allow guns, and alot of places are better off without them,

i linked an artical a little while ago in saw this thread about a shop putting up a no guns aloud sign, with in a week it was robed by gun point.......xD
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »
i linked an artical a little while ago in saw this thread about a shop putting up a no guns aloud sign, with in a week it was robed by gun point.......xD
By do not allow guns i mean country's, Here in England its doubtful to ever see a gun in your hole lift, and never really hear about them being used either

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »
By do not allow guns i mean country's, Here in England its doubtful to ever see a gun in your hole lift, and never really hear about them being used either

Which is why England has nearly 3 times as many gunshot related deaths compared to the U.S.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:46 PM »
Saying Guns kill people is like saying cars run over people, skyscraper's cause people to commit suicide, and syringes get people hooked on heroine.

Criminals will always find a way to make weapons, firearms or not. And personally, I don't want to spent $7500 on a set of swords to defend myself.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:31 PM »
Which is why England has nearly 3 times as many gunshot related deaths compared to the U.S.

But compared to Firearm-related deaths, united states is several times higher,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
Interesting when you see the difference between some country's, some are crazy high/low