Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Guns Don't Kill People. Do They?  (Read 1879 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
Re: Guns Don't Kill People. Do They?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 03:58:47 AM »
Post any links and/or opinions you have relating to firearms here for discussion.

now lets bring up something else!

CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE!

why is that so hard to understand? I hate our government....

blueberrying hobby lobby....

Just pointing out that this is a bit off topic. Might drown out the on-topic conversation if we all go into depth in this. Which we probably will.

Might wanna start another topic Shorty ;)

PS: Corporations are made UP of people.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 12:57:13 PM »
Just pointing out that this is a bit off topic. Might drown out the on-topic conversation if we all go into depth in this. Which we probably will.

Might wanna start another topic Shorty ;)

PS: Corporations are made UP of people.

Im not sure but I think he meant that the corporations don't care for people. Customers are just profit.

a blue gecko

• Build to indulge and build to inspire.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: a blue gecko
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 05:24:44 PM »
When it comes to gun rights I have some pretty mixed thoughts. On one hand I believe they are unnecessary, and only endorse conflict and violence. On the other hand I understand they can keep communities in check, even if via high strung fear. Ultimately, I despise them. They are an ethically useless creation. I wish everywhere could be like Norway, a shining example of stricter regulation proving very effective. In America however that seems hopeless. Firearms are clung to out of the very fear they induce, and innumerable sport-shooters further complicate the issues.

I do know I am in favor of further regulations for acquiescence of firearms. To think mandatory gun registry or safety courses would deter a responsible citizen from purchasing a gun is nonsense. Additionally, I am willing to bet that majority of gun related crimes are committed with legally obtained firearms. As for the nuts who oppose regulation because you think the government will confiscate your guns, you need to argue against confiscation, not regulation.

All in all I think guns have no place in a peaceful world, but as they are further ingrained in our culture the chances to take steps in the opposite direction dwindle.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »
When it comes to gun rights I have some pretty mixed thoughts. On one hand I believe they are unnecessary, and only endorse conflict and violence. On the other hand I understand they can keep communities in check, even if via high strung fear. Ultimately, I despise them. They are an ethically useless creation. I wish everywhere could be like Norway, a shining example of stricter regulation proving very effective. In America however that seems hopeless. Firearms are clung to out of the very fear they induce, and innumerable sport-shooters further complicate the issues.

I do know I am in favor of further regulations for acquiescence of firearms. To think mandatory gun registry or safety courses would deter a responsible citizen from purchasing a gun is nonsense. Additionally, I am willing to bet that majority of gun related crimes are committed with legally obtained firearms. As for the nuts who oppose regulation because you think the government will confiscate your guns, you need to argue against confiscation, not regulation.

All in all I think guns have no place in a peaceful world, but as they are further ingrained in our culture the chances to take steps in the opposite direction dwindle.

~Image comes the Washington Post's website.

----
Unrelated to Gecko's Post
----

"Hey Guys, if we pass a law preventing criminals from getting guns, that will stop criminals from using it."

"Yeah then we could also do the same for Heroine and other dangerous drugs!

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 06:00:40 PM »
In my opinion i think that the law should be that persons are aloud to own guns but can only be equipped in their own premises, this still allows protection in their homes in case of a robbery, anybody caught with a gun outside their own property should be given a severe jail sentence, police should still be aloud guns though but i think pepper spray should be taken of them as it is never used correctly.

That is my opinion on gun laws

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • snD God
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 06:07:09 PM »
In my opinion i think that the law should be that persons are aloud to own guns but can only be equipped in their own premises, this still allows protection in their homes in case of a robbery, anybody caught with a gun outside their own property should be given a severe jail sentence, police should still be aloud guns though but i think pepper spray should be taken of them as it is never used correctly.

Only if the world was perfect and everyone followed laws and no one hurt others, but sadly it will never be that way.
I'm pretty good at stuff.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 06:39:12 PM »

What if you are going hunting?

Or are planning on taking a trip somewhere far away?

Or maybe you are going to be in a really bad neighborhood late at night?

Your idea for how guns should be handled is unrealistic.

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »
Corporations. for example Hobby Lobby. HOBBY LOBBY ISNT A PERSON! but according to our supreme court, it is.
I'm an Architect

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »

The problem with this idea of a peaceful world is that we are not a peaceful people.

Maybe some day far in the future we will evolve into an existence where violence is no longer part of our being, but until then we must live out our lives dealing with the fact that people have in them the ability and sometimes even the intention to kill others.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 07:45:22 PM »
The problem with this idea of a peaceful world is that we are not a peaceful people.

Maybe some day far in the future we will evolve into an existence where violence is no longer part of our being, but until then we must live out our lives dealing with the fact that people have in them the ability and sometimes even the intention to kill others.
You can't make statements like this when there are plenty of countries in the world where the general population is not walking around with guns.