Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Science and Technology Discussion  (Read 3522 times)

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Wumboist
Re: Science and Technology Discussion
« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2015, 04:01:51 AM »
I have had my own hypothesis on time travel/dimensional travel for some time now, but I haven't had anyone see any issues with it. Do you see any flaws in this?

So, I've come to the conclusion that time travel would be impossible without dimensional travel, and would be entirely pointless. I'll break this down.

A fundamental principle of classical physics that matter cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system. By that logic, to travel time to the future, you would have to shift from 1 time to another, which would destroy the matter you are made of until the time you are traveling to, and then create the matter you were made of back at the time you traveled from, and to travel backwards, place you in a position in time where your body currently wasn't. For this to be possible, it would seem to me that time would have to be either a made up measurement that is in no way a reality (the less believable one of the two in my opinion), or that all of time is on one plane, with all of time happening simultaneously. Which, if this were to be true, it would also seem to me that we couldn't travel to anywhere else but the exact same time because it would be impossible to locate a certain time in a ridiculously small fraction of a millisecond within all of time happening simultaneously. Therefore, if this plane of time exists, it would be pointless to travel through it because you would just end in the same place you started, OR you could possibly travel dimensions (if multiple exist) to the same place, at the same time, in a dimension that has no differences to the dimension you came from or that has differences that have no effect on the time travel project.

Any opinions on this?

This seemed a bit too large to come in to this topic out of the blue, so I made it a separate topic.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member