Author Topic:  Structure Packs  (Read 1636 times)

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Structure Packs
« on: July 14, 2014, 12:48:31 AM »
Alright, well, I'm sure I know what you're all thinking... "We already have component packs, what would a structure pack do?" And that is what I'm prepared to explain to you the best I can! :)

In essence, it would act similarly to a component pack, but it would serve a different purpose than for pasting on to worlds. It would act as a way for players to create their own Naturally Spawning Structures. Following me so far? I hope.

A structure pack would be made in a very similar way to component packs, but when they are made, there would be defining features on each section that acts as a way to determine which piece gets connected to what when spawning into a map. I'm having a bit of trouble finding a way to explain it, but they would have things like tunnels that connect large chambers to smaller chambers for dungeons, or plots of land that connect to one another to help make villages.

These would be optional for worlds, and shareable by players. When creating a map, you would be given an option for "Structure Packs", which would then let you select which ones you want activated for a certain world.

EDIT:I made a diagram thing. Gotta love that good suggestion guide. ;)
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Unique structure 1 meets unique structure 2 at the identified locations. "A pond will only spawn on the left side of the house, no other, while other structures can spawn next to the pond besides just a house."
Edit #2: Analogy time! It would be like lego bricks. The pieces fit together in specified locations like studs with bricks.

I hope you all get the gist of what I'm getting at. :)

Constructive criticism welcome!

If you need any clarification on something, please ask away!

Due to a recent topic revival, I feel like I should make one thing clear. These would not be placed by players like a component. It would be purely for terrain generation.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:20:57 AM by The Gold Knight »

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: Structure Packs
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »
+1

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:56:01 AM »
so its a component pack but diffrent. is it bigger sized?

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:59:29 AM »
so its a component pack but diffrent. is it bigger sized?
Not entirely a component pack. In essence, it is made like one, but is not used for pasting things onto maps. It is used as a way to have our own things like "Villages and Dungeons" from minecraft, for lack of a better example. It would be a component pack that is used in world generation to create rudimentary spawning structures.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 01:04:19 AM »
Not entirely a component pack. In essence, it is made like one, but is not used for pasting things onto maps. It is used as a way to have our own things like "Villages and Dungeons" from minecraft, for lack of a better example. It would be a component pack that is used in world generation to create rudimentary spawning structures.
sounds like a cool featcher

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »
I like it. Big question for Craig though.

Possible?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »
i like this idea man! hopefully it can be brought in. might be difficult to implement but it is still a good idea!
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »
A way to make comps work together in a specific way, with a specific block that will match another then connect them. Like you said a pond would only spawn next to a house on the left side since the house comp block, for lack of better term, would have a blue block on the left side and the pond comp block would also have a blue block. A if then statement with different comp blocks, mines and caverns, dungeons, etc... I like it would really benefit RPGs, or make random towns on a bigger size map up to infinite. I'd like to see this added if possible.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Repeatingpig4

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Repeatingpig4
  • PSN: Don't got a station
  • Steam: I don't do much on steam
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 02:17:36 AM »
Great idea... This has its pros and cons. you will of course have those people who make certain appendages, but the advantages outweighs the disadvantages. What would make this idea even better is the ability to share as usual and paste the structures in order to see what the look like when shared. There should be the option to change the spawning density as well. I say from one to ten it would be a 42..... +42!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:19:49 AM by Repeatingpig4 »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 03:52:11 AM »
Great idea... This has its pros and cons. you will of course have those people who make certain appendages, but the advantages outweighs the disadvantages. What would make this idea even better is the ability to share as usual and paste the structures in order to see what the look like when shared. There should be the option to change the spawning density as well. I say from one to ten it would be a 42..... +42!!!!!

Yeah how often these structures show up on a map would definitely have to be considered. The max amount could be one structure per chunk.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Fudge

• Mr. Buzzkill ready for business
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: albinoASIAN303
  • Steam: carterpc4
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »
   This is an extremely good idea. It fits into the game nicely, and is original. Can you set coordinate for were it spawns? Like if I build a dungeon, I want it randomly under ground, not in floating in space. An example could be that you insert the levels allowed for it to spawn. (Example) Levels: 90-300 Can Spawn. Also maybe how often it spawns.
(_)- look away m9

Xalron

• The Bourg Will Assimilate
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Bourg Computer Sciences
    • Awards
  • Xbox: D3LTA ST0RM
  • Steam: Xalron
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »
love it bro!
- Xalron, formerly D3LTA FRO5T

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 11:26:54 AM »
Not many people have given responses, so a little bump is in order.

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
This is a really great idea. It would make a great addition to the game.
Welcome, come on inside...

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
This is a really great idea. It would make a great addition to the game.
It will help because things will randomy genr@te like temples if Im reading this right