Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  What is a cheap and easy way to record Xbox gameplay?  (Read 864 times)

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
What is a cheap and easy way to record Xbox gameplay?
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:05:23 AM »
I want to make some TM videos, but anyone that I ask is unreliable, either they don't get on, their videos aren't what I had in mind, or they want something in return. What do I need to make this happen. Keep in mind that I am not rich, so if you have a cheap way, that still has an OK quality(better quality than pointing a camera at a TV), please let me know.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: What is a cheap and easy way to record Xbox gameplay?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:20:14 AM »
A low-end capture card,

People all ways assume  capture cards are all 50-100 pound, but you can get one for 5-10 pounds or cheaper, however it will only record PAL 50 and not in 720,
(TM will run but not many new disk games will)

Most well known of these are easycaps.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:11:10 AM »
You also need a computer capable of rendering videos for this.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:08 AM »
For a low end capture card you just need a computer, you can use one 10-15  years old to render the video's XD, only the HD ones you need to worry about computer specs.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:17:43 AM »
For a low end capture card you just need a computer, you can use one 10-15  years old to render the video's XD, only the HD ones you need to worry about computer specs.

Even still, computers cost money.

And unless tater wants to spend upwards of a dozen hours for one thirty minute video then the computer will have to at minumum be 400$ in total cost (including the OS).

Not to mention considering what it would take to run video editing software, audio recording and rendering software, and the like.

Your probably looking at around 600$-700$ with everything included (computer, programs, OS, keyboard/mouse/screen, etc.).

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:20:17 AM »

And unless tater wants to spend upwards of a dozen hours for one thirty minute video then the computer will have to at minumum be 400$ in total cost (including the OS).

Not to mention considering what it would take to run video editing software, audio recording and rendering software, and the like.

Your probably looking at around 600$-700$ with everything included (computer, programs, OS, keyboard/mouse/screen, etc.).
Can get a crappy 2nd hand computer for less then 50$, Most editing software is free or can be gotten for free and its not HD so would not take very long to render and upload,

Also i assume tater already has a computer so would be no need for anything other then a cable and a cheap capture card + CD that comes with it (Drivers).

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »

Any modern cheap stock computer will do for what he wants. The base processor and integrated graphics will be more than enough to handle his recording. Even while multitasking.

A low end Intel Celeron processor with integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics  and 2 gigabytes of RAM should be more than enough. You can get a computer with those specs off the shelves for $200 - 300.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »
I could record for you anytime, however if you would prefer, the standard Roxio Game Capture (Old One, New one is HD), is only $60 (Sorry for not knowing pounds) on the Roxio website last time I check, comes with free editing software and everything.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/overview.html?rTrack=b_gamecapture

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
You can get basic cap cards pretty cheaply like this one http://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-AVERTV-Express-DVR-MTVEXHDVR/dp/B004BDOR9W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405191669&sr=8-3&keywords=avermedia+hd+dvr

With something like that you'd be able to do 360 fine, but wouldn't be able to do Xbone or PS4 or any of the newer machines without component to HDMI adapters.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
from this
my com is preaty old plans for new one but it works

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm