Author Topic:  [Blueprint] Multi-Button Lock  (Read 1015 times)

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Blueprint] Multi-Button Lock
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
Multi-Button Lock
[̲̅B̲̅l̲̅u̲̅e̲̅p̲̅r̲̅i̲̅n̲̅t̲̅]
series

This Multi-Button Lock design is a basic, easy version of a Combination-Lock.
It can be made in 10 easy to follow instructions, found below.

It requires players to press the correct 4 buttons in any order
but pressing any of the wrong buttons will reset it, so all the correct buttons will have to be pressed again.

It can be easily expanded or modded to include Sounds & Lights ect, but to keep things simple here, you can add all that stuff yourself later.

To build a Multi-Button Lock you will need;
-8 Buttons
-8 Script blocks  (to use 5 short scripts)
-6 Transmitters
-3 Receivers

Step 1:

Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Build the keypad;

it is 4x7

Step 2:

On the back side of the keypad, choose which 4 buttons you wish to use to as the 'correct keys' and place a transmitter on each of the script blocks, like so;

Give each of the Transmitters a unique frequency.
-In this example the frequencies are 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 7:

Step 8:

Step 9:

Step 10:

Now just finish it off by selecting the texture of your script blocks & buttons..

Fin.

[̲̅B̲̅l̲̅u̲̅e̲̅p̲̅r̲̅i̲̅n̲̅t̲̅] series:

One Way Paths

Multi-Button Lock

Proximity Detector

Multi-Dispenser Unit

AND Gates with Timers

Admittance fees / Pay-per-use

Button act as Switch / Switch act as Button

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:55:04 PM by muD »

urlag

• I'm lost
  • Awards 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: urlag
Re: [Blueprint] Multi-Button Lock
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »
Mud,  I haven't commented on all your blueprint threads but just wanted to say I love reading them.  Your layout is so clear, easy to follow and uniform through out the different threads. I always look forward to the next. 

Could I request a thread on multi buttons to open a safe and also lock the safe. I seem to be having problems with getting the safe to lock again once the switches are turned off.

Once again Congrats on some great work

Don't drink and script,
 you'll regret it in the morning

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
Mud,  I haven't commented on all your blueprint threads but just wanted to say I love reading them.  Your layout is so clear, easy to follow and uniform through out the different threads. I always look forward to the next. 

Could I request a thread on multi buttons to open a safe and also lock the safe. I seem to be having problems with getting the safe to lock again once the switches are turned off.

Once again Congrats on some great work
Thank you, urlag. much appreciated.

In the last step, #10, where the script block is added, that could be replaced with the safe, or the script block could power the safe (to open), however, there is a phantom power bug which causes power to remain in areas even while not being powered by a source. The bug seems to be in the receiver & is easily caused when using logic gates. Is that maybe the problem you're getting?

urlag

• I'm lost
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
Thank you, urlag. much appreciated.

In the last step, #10, where the script block is added, that could be replaced with the safe, or the script block could power the safe (to open), however, there is a phantom power bug which causes power to remain in areas even while not being powered by a source. The bug seems to be in the receiver & is easily caused when using logic gates. Is that maybe the problem you're getting?

That sounds like it then. I was pretty sure I had it set up correct.  I guess Craig is aware of the bug?
Don't drink and script,

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
That sounds like it then. I was pretty sure I had it set up correct.  I guess Craig is aware of the bug?
It has been brought up several times in several threads so i presume so.

I'll ava a tinker with a script-only multi button lock sometime, too.
may also see if i can get a proper combination lock minimalistic enough to post while scripts cannot be copy pasted (if they ever will be)

any other things in particular you'd like to see in the meantime?

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »
I was pretty sure I had it set up correct.
could add more SetPower [off] commands to the 'wrongbutton' script. -make it turn the power off of all the transmitters, receivers & the safe, in order.

if you do make that script, see if anything is still receiving power after running it once

urlag

• I'm lost
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »
could add more SetPower [off] commands to...
The setup I've got doesn't use power off buttons.  it's purely a search for levers and once all 4 have been activated the safe becomes unlocked.  What I was after was for the power to turn off once I hit the reset button for that level. 
Don't drink and script,

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »
The setup I've got doesn't use power off buttons.  it's purely a search for levers and once all 4 have been activated the safe becomes unlocked.  What I was after was for the power to turn off once I hit the reset button for that level.
I see. So your reset mech should only need to set the 4 switches off; but can also be made to set the power off of all components in the circuit, including the safe.

if it is the bug causing power to remain on the safe, or anywhere, Jakben was apparently able to undo it using something undefined in this thread