Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [PC] Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion  (Read 71276 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »
Is there not an outside third party that could host a server to negate the initial investment?

Exactly, this is why I don't see it happening plus Minecraft can get away with it since it's got the most playerbase for a voxel game. Total Miner is best doing it the way it is hosted on client side.

As you both know, I've been running servers and gameservers for around 15 years now and obviously have the infrastructure there. You already knew this so I can only assume you was leading me into to making this reply.  ;)

As I mentioned on an earlier reply. It will be possible as soon as multiplayer is supported. The initial method to do so (if it's only the base game updated to multiplayer and no server files are released) Would be on a Windows OS based server or vps. This would require a second purchase of TM and for the owner of said second purchase to use the respective account to install TM on the server or vps and remain as a player on that world.

Your main account could be then used to play on that server. Along with anyone else who wanted to join.

It is a rather tedious and lengthy method of doing it, but until server files are released (meaning no additional account or purchase needed) I see no other method of having a server running 24/7.

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #621 on: December 14, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
Okay. So i have some questions. I would like to go on to my Xbox, download a part built world onto a USB and then proceed to import it onto PC edition.

Firstly, how would i do this. Could someone either give me a detailed response or maybe link me to a video (If one has been made). Secondly, if the world was downloaded successfully, if i clicked the statistics tab, would it show that my Xbox Gamertag "Creative Viperz" has statistics and be No.1 or would the count be at 0 and have my Steam account be the first player?

Gordinio

• View Profile
    • Dank memes
  • Xbox: Gordiinio
  • Steam: Gordinio
« Reply #622 on: December 15, 2017, 11:16:59 PM »
Okay. So i have some questions. I would like to go on to my Xbox, download a part built world onto a USB and then proceed to import it onto PC edition.

Firstly, how would i do this. Could someone either give me a detailed response or maybe link me to a video (If one has been made). Secondly, if the world was downloaded successfully, if i clicked the statistics tab, would it show that my Xbox Gamertag "Creative Viperz" has statistics and be No.1 or would the count be at 0 and have my Steam account be the first player?
Im sure just have to replace the total miner data on pc with the one from xbox

Kinda like that I think

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #623 on: December 16, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »

From what I know about transferring worlds on xbox (don't quote me craig is watching) is that it doesn't matter when you get the map, you are just added on to the player statistics whether you are player 2 or player 2000. With PC i assume it will be the same, as I'm sure that unless you have the EXACT same gamertag as the xbox map did you will be just adied onto the statistics as a new player instead of overriding player 1

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #624 on: December 16, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »

From what I know about transferring worlds on xbox (don't quote me craig is watching) is that it doesn't matter when you get the map, you are just added on to the player statistics whether you are player 2 or player 2000. With PC i assume it will be the same, as I'm sure that unless you have the EXACT same gamertag as the xbox map did you will be just adied onto the statistics as a new player instead of overriding player 1

That's what i feared. I guess i'll have to start again.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 16, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »
UNLESS, you had an account on Steam with the exact same gamertaaaaaaag ;D

EDIT: That's my theory (don't quote me Craig is watching)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:33:31 PM by cY Agent 115 »

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #626 on: December 16, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

Not difficult. You can change your profile name (in-game name) to whatever you want at any time.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #627 on: December 16, 2017, 08:18:48 PM »

Not difficult. You can change your profile name (in-game name) to whatever you want at any time.
My profile name is going to be awkward

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 17, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »
My profile name is going to be awkward