Author Topic: [PC] Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion  (Read 57011 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[PC] Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #540 on: December 06, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »
...and he just made it into a mod himself...
Now isn't that a little unfair  ::)
I'd do it myself, if I had access, but alas, I don't. ::)

Can I has tester pls?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: Total Miner: Forge PC Edition - Discussion
« Reply #541 on: December 06, 2016, 10:35:33 PM »

Can I has tester pls?
Tester? Dear lord, no. Are you mad? There's effort in that. Just give me access to an alpha/beta or something and I'd be ok. lol ;)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #542 on: December 06, 2016, 10:43:07 PM »

Can I has tester pls?
Nah ur tooo nooob to mod

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #543 on: December 06, 2016, 10:53:22 PM »
How did Dryym and TGK manage to mod the game if the PC version is not out yet?
I'm a magician. (I had complained to Craig that it wasn't quite fair how the "First Mod" was done by a tester, as we don't have access to it, so I just sent Craigy boy the textures I already had and he just made it into a mod himself)

I did the same thing because I wanted to see how my textures would look as ingame items.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #544 on: December 07, 2016, 12:15:14 AM »

Can I has tester pls?
Nah ur tooo nooob to mod
u wot m8? i'll make my own mods! With blackjack! And hookers!

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #545 on: December 11, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
Hi,

I have a slight concern about the switch over with data between xbox and PC. If my steam name is different to my xbox gt will the world statistics say my xbox gt? If so, is there a way to fix this using the converter tool?

People can say that you haven't made the map etc, and that can be quite annoying if it's a good map.

Cheers,
Crab.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #546 on: December 11, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »
Hi,

I have a slight concern about the switch over with data between xbox and PC. If my steam name is different to my xbox gt will the world statistics say my xbox gt? If so, is there a way to fix this using the converter tool?

People can say that you haven't made the map etc, and that can be quite annoying if it's a good map.

Cheers,
Crab.
well then you have the issue for which the name placement on the map was made for which is to prove you made it. If there's some kind of converter then you could take someone else's map on Xbox and change it to say you made it on PC

Honestly I just wouldn't care what anyone said, doesn't matter what they think.
https://m.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: December 11, 2016, 03:54:24 PM »
Thanks Pringle, I'm planning on not caring but I don't know how easy that's gonna be xD

I'll probably put a bunch of awesome builds in a component pack and send them all over to my PC account. Then I won't have to deal with all that crap :P

By the way, I wasn't very clear earlier; by converter I meant the map converter from Xbox 360 to PC
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #548 on: December 11, 2016, 04:15:13 PM »
Thanks Pringle, I'm planning on not caring but I don't know how easy that's gonna be xD

I'll probably put a bunch of awesome builds in a component pack and send them all over to my PC account. Then I won't have to deal with all that crap :P

By the way, I wasn't very clear earlier; by converter I meant the map converter from Xbox 360 to PC

I'm looking to do something similar myself, I've just started building a modern, realistic city and I'm gonna want to transfer it over to PC when it gets released.

I haven't even made a Steam account yet. Hopefully someone makes a tutorial, or there are clear instructions on how to link your Xbox 360 saves and components to the PC. And how to link your Xbox profile to PC. I don't really wanna mess that up  :P

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #549 on: December 11, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »
You'd be better off doing that on the PC.

As previously stated, there is no converter, you will simply copy the files directly, using a tool like horizon or modio.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2016, 04:28:30 PM »

Can I has tester pls?
Nah ur tooo nooob to mod
u wot m8? i'll make my own mods! With blackjack! And hookers!
And deckheads? Now that wobbly deckheads are possible.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2016, 08:17:32 PM »
The boy animation is all well and good, but is that the animation that will apply to players. Users are much more dynamic and fluid in their movement. Im curious to see how that will playout with these new animation additions!
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #552 on: December 11, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »
The animation is tied to the avatar so it will be the same for NPCs and players.

To the skeptics, I'm uploading a video now (will take about an hour) which will hopefully show that even with my quick and dirty boy animation, it's still far preferable to no animation.

The video compression makes it more pixelated than what it's really like in game, but even with that loss of quality it still seems to me to be far preferable.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: December 11, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #554 on: December 11, 2016, 10:29:48 PM »
The retextured eyes on the Boy are rather unsettling.
-Alionz