Author Topic:  'Spy Holes'  (Read 566 times)

Fudge

• Mr. Buzzkill ready for business
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: albinoASIAN303
  • Steam: carterpc4
'Spy Holes'
« on: May 22, 2014, 12:15:40 AM »
       Yet again, I'm wondering about Dev stuff. Or at least I think this is. Well, that's why I'm asking. In the bug fix list for 2.03, it says 'Spy Holes'. I'm completely confused on this one. Not a big deal, just wondering.
(_)- look away m9

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Spy Holes'
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:19:15 AM »
In world gen there will be random holes with what are known as spy blocks. These blocks can be used to see through walls and spy on players.

Haha just kidding.

There are some exploits where certain blocks can glitch out and be used to see through walls.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Fudge

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »
In world gen there will be random holes with what are known as spy blocks. These blocks can be used to see through walls and spy on players.

Haha just kidding.

There are some exploits where certain blocks can glitch out and be used to see through walls.
   OK. These 'Spy Holes' always come up when I blow stuff up. I called them Lag Pits, but it's good I got the official name now. Thanks...... again!
(_)- look away m9

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »

Haha just kidding.

This in a hunch. It is a graphics glitch where a face of the block is not drawn allowing you to see through it. Spyholes was just the codename we gave it during testing.

If you have ever encountered this in the game let us know. There have been many cases where it has happened and we try to get them patched each update. For the most part they have happened when combining special blocks such as stairs or tables.

OK. These 'Spy Holes' always come up when I blow stuff up. I called them Lag Pits, but it's good I got the official name now. Thanks...... again!
This is different. This is due to the chunk graphics not refreshing once the explosion has caused a change. Usually lag like you said. Does it correct itself after a few seconds or do you have to force it to update by editing in the chunk?

Fudge

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:13 AM »
This in a hunch. It is a graphics glitch where a face of the block is not drawn allowing you to see through it. Spyholes was just the codename we gave it during testing.

If you have ever encountered this in the game let us know. There have been many cases where it has happened and we try to get them patched each update. For the most part they have happened when combining special blocks such as stairs or tables.
   Should I report it in the Bugs thread?
(_)- look away m9

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:45 AM »
   Should I report it in the Bugs thread?
I updated my post while you replied. Read again first please.

Fudge

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 12:33:00 AM »

This is different. This is due to the chunk graphics not refreshing once the explosion has caused a change. Usually lag like you said. Does it correct itself after a few seconds or do you have to force it to update by editing in the chunk?
   It repairs over about a few seconds. No biggie! (I think :!)
(_)- look away m9

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 12:46:58 AM »
   It repairs over about a few seconds. No biggie! (I think :!)
Then I think it is fine. If it never updates then it is a problem. Explosions are usually the culprit of any serious delay.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 02:27:20 AM »
There is a spy hole if you have a ramp in top of a stairs, I believe that the ramp has to be upside down

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 04:27:19 AM »
There is a spy hole if you have a ramp in top of a stairs, I believe that the ramp has to be upside down
Believe this is the one patched in 2.03

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester