Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  PSN (Playstation network) News and Discussion.  (Read 17676 times)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
PSN (Playstation network) News and Discussion.
« on: May 01, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
PSN (Playstation network) News and Discussion.

May 2014

News-
Playstation 4 Update (V1.70) released.
Playstation Vita Update (V3.15) released.
Playstation App Update (V1.75)

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/29/major-ps4-system-update-out-tomorrow-updates-for-ps-vita-and-ps-app/#sf2764739

Download
Free for march
Playstation 4 - Stick it to the man!
Playstation 3 - Puppeteer
                      - PES 2014
                      - Skullgirls encore
Playstation Vita - Surge Delux
                          - Limbo

Discussion
The negative reception of Re-release of games on next gen.

Would you purchase a re-released game on next generation?

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
Re: PSN (Playstation network) News and Discussion.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:34:51 PM »
IMHO next gen consoles, whether it be the Xbox one or the ps4, are both as of right now basically useless. Note that I have an Xbox one, therefore I am speaking from experience. Everything I have it for: Gaming, browsing social media/the Internet, and using apps like Netflix, can all be done on a PC and/or a 360/ps3. The exclusive games that have come out so far don't interest me at all, and the lack of content is disheartening.

To address the topic at hand, though, I would only purchase a second copy of the same game if 1. There is a great diversification of content between games or 2. The game comes at a reduced price. Severely reduced price. Like I'm talkin $20 or less here.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

DarkVortex101

• View Profile
  • Xbox: DarkVortex101
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 02:19:12 AM »
IMHO next gen consoles, whether it be the Xbox one or the ps4, are both as of right now basically useless. Note that I have an Xbox one, therefore I am speaking from experience. Everything I have it for: Gaming, browsing social media/the Internet, and using apps like Netflix, can all be done on a PC and/or a 360/ps3. The exclusive games that have come out so far don't interest me at all, and the lack of content is disheartening.

To address the topic at hand, though, I would only purchase a second copy of the same game if 1. There is a great diversification of content between games or 2. The game comes at a reduced price. Severely reduced price. Like I'm talkin $20 or less here.
Not all features are on 360 on X1 You can Upload From the Youtube App 2.U can livestream 3.Snap Not the same trust me!

The Thing is that the graphics r better for The ONE Compared to The 360 Same disc/games

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 04:00:15 AM »
No-point X1 Is faster and has better graphics so don't compare 'Old Gen Too New Same console

Actually compare it to a different newer console
If you want to fanboy take it else where please, I asked what you think of re-releasing a game for next gen. The video emphasised graphics because that was the only difference between the game for consoles. I asked the question as a general question. If you want to continue commenting about which console is better, i will ask your comment to be removed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:12:51 AM by Tom »

(smacks you)

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 04:36:43 AM »
I have an Xbox one and have no intention of buying a PSR. That being said, I would purchase re released games on next Gen consoles so I can play them later in the generation. I still play halo 3 alot, and every month I play Spiderman shattered dimensions. People complaining about the games being almost the same on both consoles are missing the point... I personally hated it when the Xbox version of a 360 game was gutted with very little excuses to do so.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 04:47:36 AM »
I'm looking forward to The Last of Us remake, skipped the PS3 so haven't gotten to play it yet. And any type of God of War compilation I'd be getting day 1. Haven't played a GoW since the 1st one on the PSP, so it's been a long time.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »
I wasn't fanboying and x1 is better but anyway I fixed a comment that was said(and basically  it fanboying for putting THe title all about psn.)
1. You just contradicted yourself, you claim the Xbox one is better (Which I neither Agree or Disagree with) yet you supply no evidence and are clearly expressing your opinion and not that of others. 

2.The Topic is called PSN because that is the subject of the Topic, I'm not going to call it PSN and have a guide on toasting marshmellows over a camp fire as the content of the Topic. The Topic contains information relevant to its subject. If I wanted to discuss "Which is the best next gen console" I would have used a relevant topic that already exists or named the topic so.

So I ask you for the second time take your Opinion elsewhere.

(smacks you)

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 11:03:18 AM »
This isn't the place to talk about which console is better, if you're not going to talk about the topic, than your post will be removed.

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »
Right now the only game I have for the cablebox(xbox one) is Tomb Raider the definitive edition. There are several games that I would buy if they were re-released for the cablebox. I'd love to see Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Borderlands 1 and 2, Farcry 3, the anniversary edition of Halo CE to name a few, but I'm also looking forward to some of the new games coming out as well. I won't be getting rid of the 360 anytime soon, and I might get the PS4 later this year as well. As for PS games I'd like to see the uncharted series re-released on the PS4, but I know Sony has said that you will be able to buy digital rights to almost every PS game made, would love to Summoner 1 and 2 for that.
Cheers Quad
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:37:34 PM by Quadraphinic »
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
I'm looking forward to The Last of Us remake, skipped the PS3 so haven't gotten to play it yet. And any type of God of War compilation I'd be getting day 1. Haven't played a GoW since the 1st one on the PSP, so it's been a long time.
Right now the only game I have for the cablebox(xbox one) is Tomb Raider the definitive edition. There are several games that I would buy if they were re-released for the cablebox. I'd love to see Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Borderlands 1 and 2, Farcry 3, the anniversary edition of Halo CE to name a few, but I'm also looking forward to some of the new games coming out as well. I won't be getting rid of the 360 anytime soon, and I might get the PS4 later this year as well. As for PS games I'd like to see the uncharted series re-released on the PS4, but I know Sony has said that you will be able to buy digital rights to almost every PS game made, would love to Summoner 1 and 2 for that.
Cheers Quad

As Quad mentioned about been able to play past playstation game and Bob's desire to. I thought I'd post this.

Link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Now

(smacks you)