Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Advanced Tips  (Read 762 times)

Zidane Tribal

Advanced Tips
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:59:00 AM »
The Marvellous Ways of Configuring your Profile

Me advanced tips are back but this time to fill in those gaps the other guides missed out. Based on FAQs commonly asked in these parts. If so, this needs to be shifted to Site Announcements and Information.

How do I change my profile picture?

Generally, you can ask a mod to do it for you but here's where you can do it when they aren't out 'n' about.

1. You'll need to find a little button called 'Profile', click it and a drop-down menu shows up. Click 'summary' and the following screen shows. There, click on 'Modify Profile', then another drop-down menu appears, and click on Forum Profile.

2. Here is the controls to your profile here, profile picture, signature, the works. We are here to configure our profile picture. So on the left hand side, you have a set of 4 radio buttons. You can specify if you don't want one, upload a template, by URL or upload one from your PC. The 1st is the simplest of them all.

• Setting the first one means you have no avatar. Confirm by clicking 'Change Profile' found at the bottom of the page.
  • To set a avatar from a picture online, go to Google Images or find one and then open it. There, copy the url and then paste it into the box, back on the forums and then scroll to the bottom and click 'Change Profile'.
  • By choosing a template from the gallery, a scrollbox appears, choose the category and then a second one appears, select the image and then scroll to the bottom to click 'Change Profile'
  • By PC: Click on 'browse' find the picture, you want, and click 'Load'. It should appear and then scroll to the bottom to click 'Change Profile'
After you have click 'Change Profile' it should take a few minutes before it finally shows up in your posts, topics and profile.

How do I change the theme?

This is a new feature that some people find stumped. So here's how to do it.

1. Go to 'Profile' then 'Summary'.
2. There, find 'Modify Profile', a menu appears, and find 'Look and Layout'.
3. Here, you'll find the theme at the top of this page. So click on 'change' on the right of the theme's name.
4. A list of different themes are shown in the next page. There is a variety out there. Scroll down and up, looking for the right one. Then you can click on 'Preview Theme' to check it out and if you like it to stay, click on 'Use this Theme'
5. The Theme is applied automatically, enjoy!

I don't have a Signature, how do I change it?

Evesy has put somewhere about this but I don't think he has put in directions where. But anyways, here's how. Trust me don't you?

1. Find 'Profile' and click on 'Summary'.

2. The screen, above, shows. Click on 'Modify Profile' and click 'Forum Profile'.
3. Down the screen, you'll find the signature. You can alter the text, font, colour or even add pictures, horiziontal rules or media. Images can be put in via
Code: [Select]
[img] Image url goes in here [/img]Youtube Videos can be put in via:
[youtube]Video's url goes in here![/youtube]
4. Once you're done fiddling with your signature to perfection, find 'change profile' and your signature will appear in every post.

ADVICE! It's ill-advised to put too much into a signature, otherwise, it will be a eye-sore and clunky to other viewers. Who are willing to ask the moderators to alter your signature; to make it smaller or delete it altogether. Watch what you put in and always insert massive screenshots and Youtube Videos in spoilers!

How do I upload pictures?

Uploading a picture through here is not the way forward. You'll need either a third-party image management site for PC saved ones or Google Images if you have been eying a particularly nice looking one.

Through the Hard Disk

1. Go to a popular image sharing site, like ImageShack or Photoshop and sign into your account.
2. Go to the 'Upload' section of the website.
3. Browse for your picture and then click upload.
4. You should be taken to the new image's summary, showing the different ways of putting it on the website. Find 'Direct Link' and copy the contents to the Clipboard.
5. Here, if you have a signature waiting for it or a post. Then put in:
[img]then ctrl-v in here[/img]6. Post the entry or apply the changes for the signature to change and then it should show up.
6.1. You can do the same with images from the web. Find the picture on Google Images, click View Original Image.

6.2. From where I highlighted, copy it and then do steps 5. and 6.
From there.

I've logged in as Hidden, how can I change it?

Sometimes, people are logged in but don't know why they are logged in as hidden.

The purpose was to so that they just don't want to be shown to the community temporarily. I use to stay under the radar at certain times. Here's what to do to 'unhide'

1. Click on 'Profile' and then Account Settings.
2. Find the setting 'show my online status' and check it (so it is ticked)
3. Type in your current password in the 'Current Password' textbox, before clicking Change Profile.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:45:59 AM by Zidane Tribal »

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
Re: Advanced Tips
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »
ADVICE! It's ill-advised to put too much into a signature, otherwise, it will be a eye-sore and clunky to other viewers who are willing to ask the moderators to alter your signature to make it smaller or delete it altogether. Watch what you put in and put massive screenshots and Youtube Videos in spoilers!

That is very hard to read when it is scrolling with that amount of information, but the rest is very helpful!

Zidane Tribal

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:30:47 AM »
That is very hard to read when it is scrolling with that amount of information, but the rest is very helpful!

sorted

Squall

• Let's mosey!
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Lancers Page
  • Xbox: GyroLancer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:55:18 PM »
This is excellent.
I can finally get a signature!
-Squall, I'm one of the more sophisticated members of this site. Feel free to message me if you run into any problems here.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Feel free to check out the story I'm writing! http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=366.0

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:07:55 AM »
good post :)
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »
I think this should be sticky. Why? Because this would help the community, well new members, in creating their profile.
-Quarantined II