Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Craftable Item CHAINSAW!  (Read 2157 times)

a blue gecko

• Build to indulge and build to inspire.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: a blue gecko
Re: Craftable Item CHAINSAW!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:20 AM »
+1 cool I like it

HORROR MAPS! +1

Stop this "+1" nonsense. Not only do we have a polls system already, but we don't consider numeric votes when speculating additions. If you really can't muster reason for your opinion then you either don't need to post, or you can say "I like this." or use any any other actual form of concurrence.

I personally don't think a chainsaw is a fitting idea. It can't be implemented realistically without being unbalanced. Even if we tried to smoothen it by adding long startup time or some exhaustive fuel system, it has no substantial purpose. We have a handful of tools for quickly gathering wood that I think are optimally capable.

technotuna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 05:12:57 AM »
Stop this "+1" nonsense. Not only do we have a polls system already, but we don't consider numeric votes when speculating additions. If you really can't muster reason for your opinion then you either don't need to post, or you can say "I like this." or use any any other actual form of concurrence.

I personally don't think a chainsaw is a fitting idea. It can't be implemented realistically without being unbalanced. Even if we tried to smoothen it by adding long startup time or some exhaustive fuel system, it has no substantial purpose. We have a handful of tools for quickly gathering wood that I think are optimally capable.

The chainsaw would have a substantial purpose, imagine a map where a player has no access to a shop but intends on requiring large amounts of wood, this form of woodcutting would save a lot of time for the humble woodcutter. As for how it is unbalanced I don't really understand, theres no reason for something such as a long startup time as it is hopefully not intended as a weapon (although it would make an interesting one) and that would simply and on as tedious.  As for fuel, I could see an exhausting fuel system making it pretty balanced, forcing the player to maintain their chainsaw more often then simply building another ax.
     As far as I see with the chainsaw being a weapon, this more of a fantasy idea people have about how a chainsaw would work, let alone against any form of armor. The chainsaw would be more then decently heavy(potentially slowing while in use?), Very short ranged, its a rather large item in itself (taking both hands), and the chainsaw would be damaged rather easily if used against someone wearing armor (idk how this would be represented but I guess it could simply use more durability with each hit). Finally, let them be with the +1 thing, if its how they wanna show their approval in a quick compact way then let them do so.

20up40down

• View Profile
  • Xbox: umpkinbutt
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
I propose a high lvl crafting item called the chainsaw.

It uses both hands but serves a very big function.

When you chop down a tree with it, it releases all the wood blocks above the cut, hence it chops down the whole tree with one cut!

Should keep ideas with the way of the game already not add things that arnt likely.
Maybe like the MC mod that lets you cut trees but takes time and durability away from the axe. THAT is more realistic to Total Miner.

Peacebringer

• Elite Member
  • Don't be sorry; just improve.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »

Should keep ideas with the way of the game already not add things that arnt likely.
Maybe like the MC mod that lets you cut trees but takes time and durability away from the axe. THAT is more realistic to Total Miner.
I think that would be un-realistic. If 1 Hatchet can cut down the whole tree, why can't the others? A Chainsaw is different and could very well be implemented, if of course they balanced it right.

I do understand where you are coming from though. If we had Plasma Rifles and Beam Rifles from Halo and put them into COD, it would be completely dumb.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:16:39 PM by King Raven »
Skilling Guide

Streaming Total Miner here: https://mixer.com/MistaMaSir

Michaelc9

• Creator of LoP. Co-Host of Catsbury & Creditland.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Michaelc9
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 06:39:52 PM »
I propose a high lvl crafting item called the chainsaw.

It uses both hands but serves a very big function.

When you chop down a tree with it, it releases all the wood blocks above the cut, hence it chops down the whole tree with one cut!
Way too overpowered, Im not in favour of that.

DatAwesomenessDoe

• The dankest of the grass.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Page
  • PSN: DatAwesomeness
  • Steam: DatAwesomeness
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 07:29:17 PM »
Mike is right this would be way to OP

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici