Author Topic:  add # of block placed/in a conpoment in statistics when pasting  (Read 172 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i think it would be helpful/cool if for using conpoments when building,that it should include the amount of blocks in the conpoment for the game statistics...being theyre being pasted,or placed on the map..

ik theres possible abuse...via ppl with challenge maps who say have 800 hrs but 10k blocks placed
there may be other reasons
but im speaking upon the ppl who would actually use this for good reasons
and ik theres others that would like this idea,because say your old map with 1 million blocks got corrupted and youre trying to copy everything over to a new map....
it would look really weird & bad if say you pasted everything over and spent 30 50 game hrs doing it,but have say 5 blocks placed by random

just something like that is part of why i think this could be usefull
just an idea.....

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: add # of block placed/in a conpoment in statistics when pasting
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
I personaly do not like the idea.
it would not be an accurate count, would say you have 100,000s on a small map due to air blocks being in the component pack.
Also i like to see how much of the map the host actually worked on.
If i join a 10MB map and host only has 5k blocks placed i know most of it is copied.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester