Author Topic: [Scripts] Requests for new Script Commands & Options  (Read 27689 times)

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Scripts] Re: Requests for new Script Commands & Options
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 06:15:03 AM »
This is sort of possible, but I'd imagine it would be very buggy. Or just break down in the middle of a process at the very least.
What makes you think that?

Powerlord

• Oh Ross.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Requests for new Script Commands & Options
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 01:28:30 PM »
What makes you think that?
I forgot to specify that I meant that it's sort of possible in the game right now.
I tend to be blunt... don't take it personally.
Like my work? GT is Essence rG.

My Forum Threads
I host servers to test my scripts when I have the time.

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
I forgot to specify that I meant that it's sort of possible in the game right now.
explain what you're talking about if you want. im not going to ask.

Powerlord

• Oh Ross.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
explain what you're talking about if you want. im not going to ask.
They're possible, but there's only so much you can do with it. Really it's narrowed down to where I would just call them placement holders (being there's a difference). I would create a script that basically connects with others that require it to work, that way I don't have to clutter a bunch of lines of code in 1 script. Hopefully that made sense.

My Forum Threads

MechaWho

• Tester
  • The Purple Dragon
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Unique Content Contributors Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
That's why directories would be useful, so you can have families of scripts that relate to the same process all under one 'folder' or directory. Some people have so many scripts that the list of scripts is too long and difficult to navigate. I don't understand why you think it would be buggy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:54:42 PM by MechaWho »

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »
They're possible, but there's only so much you can do with it. Really it's narrowed down to where I would just call them placement holders (being there's a difference). I would create a script that basically connects with others that require it to work, that way I don't have to clutter a bunch of lines of code in 1 script. Hopefully that made sense.
The idea of Script Directories is to allow the management of scripts to be similar to how components are saved. i.e. When you save a component/script you choose (or create) the directory to save it in, then save it in there.
It'd offer a much cleaner scripts menu.

Imagine if all your components were saved in one directory, including all the system components.. it'd be a loong list eh.. that's what my script menu looks like :p

Powerlord

• Oh Ross.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
The idea of Script Directories is to allow the management of scripts to be similar to how components are saved. i.e. When you save a component/script you choose (or create) the directory to save it in, then save it in there.
It'd offer a much cleaner scripts menu.

Imagine if all your components were saved in one directory, including all the system components.. it'd be a loong list eh.. that's what my script menu looks like :p
I see where you're going with this. Cool idea.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:34:55 PM by Powerlord »

My Forum Threads

kolinko9

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 12:47:20 AM »
So lets just strt with im best at explaining through a headset. But here goes.

some things id like to see in future updates or scripting functions.

Having a Repeat or a looping function in stead of having 1000's of lines of Script saying the same thing with he copy and paste.

Making the Script blocks able to have a power source linked from 1 Script block to another without having Look range,button,switch, or linking thro a wifi. so have 1 Script block able to transfer power to the other script block.
(which would be great with having more than 1 script able to run at a time. such as the Wait timers take a backup string. instead maybe doing the same as the wait but linking script blocks together as 1 power on and 1 power off without it having to use a switch or the other ppower button and wat not.

Also allowing The Script screen to be some way minimized when rechecking cords. without saving exiting and rechecking cords.

Maybe thoughts of also adding a HOW TO for the script commands like in the Link here in the forums

anyway many more ideas but ill leave it at this for now :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:54:39 AM by kolinko9 »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »
Making the Script blocks able to have a power source linked from 1 Script block to another without having Look range,button,switch, or linking thro a wifi. so have 1 Script block able to transfer power to the other script block.
(which would be great with having more than 1 script able to run at a time. such as the Wait timers take a backup string. instead maybe doing the same as the wait but linking script blocks together as 1 power on and 1 power off without it having to use a switch or the other ppower button and wat not.
You could do this now with the SetPower command?

kolinko9

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 01:58:25 AM »
example.

Script block 1
Power on: Set Power x,y,z
 ClearBlock x,y,z (coord of what you want deleted)

Power off: SetPower x,y,z (on) (cords of Script block 2)

Script block 2
Power on: CleaBlock x,y,z (cords)

Power Off: SetPower x,y,z ( script block 1)

This definitely doesn't work.

Also you can test this as simple as using usng SetPower x,y,z (cords of the block of the script block OR a POWERED LIGHT)

The light will not turn on. without having a switch,button,wifi, pressure plate, look range.

so DO you HAVE to have 1 of those link to it if so the SetPower doesn't quite do much.....

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 03:28:03 AM »
The SetPower command should not require switches or anything. It should just power the target block on or off just like a switch would do (without the switch).

kolinko9

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2014, 05:24:58 AM »
althou it doesn't lol go try to use it with a powered light and let me kno how that works

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »
I would say this is a bad idea because it could leave your world in an unknown state. I suspect if you think you need this command, then there is probably a better way to design your scripts so that it is not needed. Unless you can give me an example where there is no better option.
would it be possible to add a [millisecond] parameter to the Notify command to sustain a notification?
would be great alongside that cancel script command, particularly for worlds giving info & hints

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
would it be possible to add a [millisecond] parameter to the Notify command to sustain a notification?
Problematic. The notifications are a queue. If you sustain a notification for some time, all notifications after it in the queue will also be held up.

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 12:02:48 AM »
Problematic. The notifications are a queue. If you sustain a notification for some time, all notifications after it in the queue will also be held up.
Could that not be accounted for by subtracting the sustain time from the delay of any following notifications, or by using a separate script to run any other notifications that may need to be displayed while another is being sustained?