Author Topic: [Scripts] Requests for new Script Commands & Options  (Read 27069 times)

Tom Snow

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Scripts] Re: Requests for new Script Commands & Options
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 05:43:10 AM »
Thanks. updated & added some
uhm this one here tho i dont think is necessary because scripts cannot target or acknowledge particular players & the rest can be done already using scripts to replace blocks/scripts.

It's not for particular players it works for all player but limits the amount of times each player can trigger it. Similar to instance chests, you open the chest with one cake and take a cake. Another player can open the same chest and also take one cake. The player can activate the script once and the next player could activate it once. Neither could activate it again.

When I said [player] I didn't mean players name, I meant [player] in general similar how you can choose between [local] or [global] for notify. My bad I should have made that clear.

Also what about the bit I previously mentioned for notify for the addition of capital letters and symbols such as full stops, question marks, etc .

An example of Multi instances I make a hint button for a challenge room I want notify to display 3 different hints at random. Each press of the button would be a different instance and result in a different hint. I press the button on a script block with Multi instance command, It randomly selects instance two which triggers the scripts to notify with the message of hint 2 "there may be an alternative route".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:12:20 AM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

OoPYRO69oO

• bazinga
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: OoPYRO69oO
Re: Requests for new Script Commands & Options
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
a detect player script would be useful and a teleport that would only work in creative for challenge maps make an endless maze

and for those who took on the labernyth if these scripts are implemented that maze would of been a walk in the park *evil laugh*
Never Give Up Never Back Down Bring On The Challenges Life Has To Offer

DHGStealPackage

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DHGStealPackage
  • PSN: WhereThatWallAt
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 05:35:43 AM »
a detect player script would be useful and a teleport that would only work in creative for challenge maps make an endless maze

and for those who took on the labernyth if these scripts are implemented that maze would of been a walk in the park *evil laugh*

Please Make detect player scripts and/or zones! and if you do teleport scripts, add a player facing option if you can :)

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 07:43:55 AM »
I'd like to see a CancelScript [script] command which checks if the specified script is currently active and, if it is, cancels it.
Aye, simple & useful.
-Especially as *Stop Waiting scripts from using up a background thread is on the to do list for the next patch

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:36 AM »
An option to set a waypoint wherever you like.

SetWaypoint [xxx,yyy,zzz] [Name] - [Toggle|on|off]

Sets a wait point on people's screen, with a name above it (in small text)
And the ability to turn it off or on so it disappears, or appears.
Sounds good but coz scripts cant target specific players it seems that all players in a world would be given the same waypoint. Of course that has its uses but i'd imagine in most cases the waypoints would not be intended for everyone.
How do you propose giving individual players different waypoints?

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
Script zones. It would allow for scripts to activate based on what a player does rather than where they step. Basically. My idea was a bit more complicated than that but still.

Link to the thread below:

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=5859.0
yeh this sounds really good. perhaps the Quest things in later updates may offer something along these lines..

could you give a 123 of the setup process you had in mind, to make for instance; a script zone which will spawn a mob when player reads book, then player kills mob so doorway opens?

e.g
1: mark out new zone & set options to..
2: make new script to...
or however you envisage actually doing it

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »
It's not for particular players it works for all player but limits the amount of times each player can trigger it. Similar to instance chests, you open the chest with one cake and take a cake. Another player can open the same chest and also take one cake. The player can activate the script once and the next player could activate it once. Neither could activate it again.

When I said [player] I didn't mean players name, I meant [player] in general similar how you can choose between [local] or [global] for notify. My bad I should have made that clear.
The problem is, script blocks have no way of knowing who powered them. When powered by buttons, switches, pplates, receivers, chests or other script commands, it is indirect.
Perhaps if script blocks were able to recognise 'who exactly was powering them by standing on them or looking at them, then maybe they could have an 'Instance' count..?
but the game would have to register who is powering them & how many times they have done so.

Instanced scripts, or another way of allowing players to run scripts a certain amount of times each, would certainly be very useful.

Also what about the bit I previously mentioned for notify for the addition of capital letters and symbols such as full stops, question marks, etc .
i thought that was going to be changed in the last patch. Capitals are usable now tho, i think. not sure about punctuation marks. will try em out an add into op if not.

An example of Multi instances I make a hint button for a challenge room I want notify to display 3 different hints at random. Each press of the button would be a different instance and result in a different hint. I press the button on a script block with Multi instance command, It randomly selects instance two which triggers the scripts to notify with the message of hint 2 "there may be an alternative route".
how about;

1: Chance [2:34] [3:33] [4:33(%)]
2: Script [script1]
3: Script [script2]
4: Script [script3]

..if that script was then used in a script block which is set to power on by being stood on or looked at only a set amount of times by each player.. that sound like it'd do everything you suggested - instanced & randomised?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:13:00 AM by muD »

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »
A proximity detector which powers On, Off, or Toggles when either Owner, Admins, Players or Mobs are detected within its adjustable proximity range.
That could power a script block to do as you intend..

The Teleport [xyz] [xyz] command would allow infinite, non random destinations.
or you could use the Chance command if you want randomised ; )

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »
yeh this sounds really good. perhaps the Quest things in later updates may offer something along these lines..

could you give a 123 of the setup process you had in mind, to make for instance; a script zone which will spawn a mob when player reads book, then player kills mob so doorway opens?

e.g
1: mark out new zone & set options to..
2: make new script to...
or however you envisage actually doing it

Place marker blocks to determine script zone.

Set zone as script zone, give custom name.

Go to list of scripts, find the script with the custom name you gave it, then edit said script. Other than the usual options there would also be a "set pause menu options" menu and a "reset script zone" menu. The set pause menu options would change things like HUD visibility, Gamertag visibility, etc. Note that admins are immune to the effects of set pause menu options. Then there would be a reset script zone option which would reset all recorded actions.

Then scripts can be added. In order for a script to be activated, however, some action must first act as a catalyst. Example:

Spawn [Zombie] [stats] [coordinates]
When Player Reads [custom book name]

When [Zombie] [Amount of Zombies] Dies

The list can go on forever. Note, however, that certain aspects of the script creation may involve some thinking. in order for the script zone to work properly, it would have to save a list of recordable statistics that it can base its script activation on. So, for example, say you want to make a ton of waves of zombies come right after each other on your map:

When Switch [coordinates] is turned [on/off]

Well, assuming each wave has 3 zombies, the third wave will have to list 6 zombies as the amount under: when X amount of zombies die: because the script has recorded that 6 zombies (from the two previous waves) died, not just three from the previous waves.

Hope that all makes sense.

The advantages of this over a normal script is that 1. It is reactive to the player's actions rather than the player's movement and 2. It can be used to target mobs and players rather than blocks.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »
I'd like to see a CancelScript [script] command which checks if the specified script is currently active and, if it is, cancels it.
I would say this is a bad idea because it could leave your world in an unknown state. I suspect if you think you need this command, then there is probably a better way to design your scripts so that it is not needed. Unless you can give me an example where there is no better option.

MechaWho

• Tester
  • The Purple Dragon
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Unique Content Contributors Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:21 AM »
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:26:19 PM by MechaWho »

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
Teleport script command has been added in 2.02

Thanks Craig

Littleman9Mew2

• I AM MEWTWO!
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
How about relative coordinates to all commands that uses [x,y,z]?

Example:
Setblock Dirt [x,y+5,z] [aux]

It will add the dirt five blocks above the place where the command was executed.

If was a script block, its five blocks above the block.
If was a player, its five blocks above the player.
Check out my Youtube channel!

P.S.
I'm baaack!

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 10:15:19 AM »
How about relative coordinates to all commands that uses [x,y,z]?

Example:
Setblock Dirt [x,y+5,z] [aux]

It will add the dirt five blocks above the place where the command was executed.

If was a script block, its five blocks above the block.
If was a player, its five blocks above the player.
It has already been discussed with Craig in this old thread & this new one. No need to highlight it again.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:33:48 AM by muD »

Powerlord

• Oh Ross.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 03:19:37 AM »
Quote from: muD
Script Directories
This is sort of possible, but I'd imagine it would be very buggy. Or just break down in the middle of a process at the very least.
I tend to be blunt... don't take it personally.
Like my work? GT is Essence rG.

My Forum Threads
I host servers to test my scripts when I have the time.