Author Topic:  Scripts:Suggestions.  (Read 731 times)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scripts:Suggestions.
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:41:44 AM »
I'd like to make a small list on how I think some of the scripts could be improved.

Notify- Currently a notice will only appear in lower case text, not been a grammar nazi but the use of capitals would be nice. Also for notify for long messages the amount of time to read it isn't sufficient, been able to control this would help but with a limit off course. 

Add inventory- Currently So far I have only been able to add inventory to a chest and not to a player occupying the coordinates specified in the script. I know a few players have been trying this.

Coordinates- a way of fast copying coordinates possibly using a marker. I place a marker down and click copy coordinates. When I go to use the script I can "paste coordinates of marker(s)"

Ability to remove/edit change log to remove mistakes.

More will be added when in have the time. Feel free to add your own.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:49:10 AM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Marianek9

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Marianek9
Re: Scripts:Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
Elevator?
My City: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=5257.0

*I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes, but I'm from Poland, and I dont speak English wery well ;)

Vabratorymink

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:21:07 AM »
+1

Simple Conditionals? If block at [x,y,z] then create block [x,y,z]

Marianek9

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Marianek9
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
I think that the elevator is currently, it could only go down with the user. Up will not work.
My City: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=5257.0

*I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes, but I'm from Poland, and I dont speak English wery well ;)

DHGStealPackage

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:52:35 AM »
+1

Simple Conditionals? If block at [x,y,z] then create block [x,y,z]

I would really like it if they added a feature that it placed relative to a specific spot, so it could be used for more "intelligent" scripts that can be used in several situations. Ex: (x-5, y+3, z-2) etc.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »
I'd like to make a small list on how I think some of the scripts could be improved.

Notify- Currently a notice will only appear in lower case text, not been a grammar nazi but the use of capitals would be nice. Also for notify for long messages the amount of time to read it isn't sufficient, been able to control this would help but with a limit off course. 

Add inventory- Currently So far I have only been able to add inventory to a chest and not to a player occupying the coordinates specified in the script. I know a few players have been trying this.

Coordinates- a way of fast copying coordinates possibly using a marker. I place a marker down and click copy coordinates. When I go to use the script I can "paste coordinates of marker(s)"

Ability to remove/edit change log to remove mistakes.

Ability to turns scripts off whilst playing Multiplayer. (This is due to players triggering scripts whilst I'm building and me having to manually reset them.)

More will be added when in have the time. Feel free to add your own.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.