Author Topic:  Total Miner sprites  (Read 1160 times)

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Total Miner sprites
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »
I was going to make a game with my newly fixed computer. But I need sprites. I was thinking about making it total miner themed, but I dont have any spritesheets for that. If anyone knows of any good ones or is good enough to make good ones, I would appreciate it.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

GrimTimes

• Awards Unique Content Contributors 1 year on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Gr1mT1m3z
Re: Total Miner sprites
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
I could probably make some for you, although i have never made a sprite sheet. So I wouldn't really know what I would being doing, But I would like to help cause it sounds fun and I want to try and improve on my pixel art. Just let me know if I can help.
<--- Click for my texture pack and info!

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:18:22 PM »
I could probably make some for you, although i have never made a sprite sheet. So I wouldn't really know what I would being doing, But I would like to help cause it sounds fun and I want to try and improve on my pixel art. Just let me know if I can help.
I would love help.

#BanAtlas

GrimTimes

• Awards Unique Content Contributors 1 year on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
Well your are going to have to help me help you. I don't know how to make a sprite sheet, I don't know where to start, I don't know what dimensions you want the sprites, I don't know what sprites you want. A lot of details are needed good sir.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 09:46:37 PM »
Well your are going to have to help me help you. I don't know how to make a sprite sheet, I don't know where to start, I don't know what dimensions you want the sprites, I don't know what sprites you want. A lot of details are needed good sir.
well ill need standing, walking, backing up, spawning, despawning, heavy attack, light attack, and special attack for each sprite. For a good example you can look at this site

http://www.spriters-resource.com/

#BanAtlas

GrimTimes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
well ill need standing, walking, backing up, spawning, despawning, heavy attack, light attack, and special attack for each sprite. For a good example you can look at this site

http://www.spriters-resource.com/
Yes that is good and all, just want to know what I am going to be sprite-ing. You don't have any character designs or Ideas for the character? What kind of weapon is the person holding? Is this just going to be a side view of the character? I would make a character up of my own, but it is easier if you already have one in mind.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »
I was thinking about using the avatars from total miner. Styling the arenas/levels after famous total miner maps.

#BanAtlas

GrimTimes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:51:50 AM »
I was thinking about using the avatars from total miner. Styling the arenas/levels after famous total miner maps.
I feel like you haven't done much planning for this yet.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 03:41:15 AM »
I feel like you haven't done much planning for this yet.
I've planned kinda. Mostly planned how to code it. Wanna make a fighting or beat em up game. Each character will have a light attack, a heavy attack, and a special attack. Each characters special attack will be unique and the damages will vary based on the character. For example, the Indian special attack will be a bow, he will have good light combos but not much heavy. Whereas the knights special attack may be a sword charge, will have good heavy attacks and decent light attacks.

I haven't really planned much in the way of characters, just know I want to start out with three types, a brawler that focuses on heavy attacks, a fighter that focuses on light attacks and combos, and a special attacker that focuses more on his special attacks. So far I've planned to have the knight, ninja and Indian in the game. Once they are in I will try to fit more in each category. Do you think you could start with those three?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:49:22 AM by The Salaminizer »

#BanAtlas

GrimTimes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
I've planned kinda. Mostly planned how to code it. Wanna make a fighting or beat em up game. Each character will have a light attack, a heavy attack, and a special attack. Each characters special attack will be unique and the damages will vary based on the character. For example, the Indian special attack will be a bow, he will have good light combos but not much heavy. Whereas the knights special attack may be a sword charge, will have good heavy attacks and decent light attacks.

I haven't really planned much in the way of characters, just know I want to start out with three types, a brawler that focuses on heavy attacks, a fighter that focuses on light attacks and combos, and a special attacker that focuses more on his special attacks. So far I've planned to have the knight, ninja and Indian in the game. Once they are in I will try to fit more in each category. Do you think you could start with those three?
Yes, that helps out a lot more. So, a side scrolling beat em up? I can't really imagine any other view for this.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
Yes, that helps out a lot more. So, a side scrolling beat em up? I can't really imagine any other view for this.
side scrolling, yes. Actually was planning to try to make it like super smash bros, but I dont know what exactly that would be called.

#BanAtlas

GrimTimes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 11:47:01 AM »
side scrolling, yes. Actually was planning to try to make it like super smash bros, but I dont know what exactly that would be called.
When I get back from work, I will get started on some.

GrimTimes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 11:17:16 PM »
Okay well spriting is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am going to need quiet some practice before I can produce quality sprites.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »
Okay well spriting is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am going to need quiet some practice before I can produce quality sprites.
take your time.

#BanAtlas