Author Topic: [Construction] Civilizations  (Read 8641 times)

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
[Construction] Re: Civilizations
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
Visited last night and thoroughly enjoyed exploring the map and seeing all these wonderful builds. A top notch map that anyone who wants to see how it's done should visit. I gave this one 5 stars and it deserves 10. Truly one of the best maps I've ever visited.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
Re: Civilizations
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
Time for an update on the progress of current builds.

Hogwarts Continued

Im making a separate section on this to show off the finished product of Hogwarts. Since the last time I had posted, I have completed the Great Hall, the Goblet of Fire, the school hallway, updated the Hufflepuff room, and Finished the school classrooms. Here are some pictures below:

The Great Hall, front and back. Notice the floating candles I added.

I do like how the school halway came out. When v2.0 came out, I tried a nice combination of upside down ramps and stairs.
Some people say the Goblet of Fire says something if you jump into it. Or don't and chicken out...

Finished the Levitation and Defense Against the Dark Arts classrooms too. The skeleton on the ceiling is supposed to be a dragon, one found on the ceiling of the classroom at Universal Studio's Hogwarts castle queue line.

Pictures that did not make the front page in the spoiler below:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Something a lot of people miss, Hagrid's House off to the sides hidden within the trees.
Dumbledore's Pensieve making use of the notify script.

Just the first page of many in the Rise of the Planet of the Hufflepuffs. I add random names to it every once in a while.

Diagon Alley

Picture 1: A shot from the entrance to Diagon Alley.
Picture 2: A shot from towards the back of Diagon alley, with Honeydukes and The Three Broomsticks in frame.

I have made a separate section for this build because it has become so extensive. While this may not be the true Diagon Alley, I kept the name because I like the sound of it. It is modeled after the buildings in Hogsmeade at Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which is another ironic thing since it's still called Diagon Alley.

I wanted to have a non-linear array of shops, so the path kind of curves behind Hogwarts. I also wanted an extensive selection of shops, wile trying to make them unique.

Picture 1: Respectively, Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, Olivander's Wand Shop, and Honeyduke's Sweets.
Picture 2: An unknown store, and the Teleportarium.

As of now, the shops available:

- Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes: Four floors of joke shop equipment, will have lots of scripts. Started but unfinished.
- Olivander's Wand Shop: Sells wands. Finished but missing NPC.
- Honeyduke's Sweets: Sells candy and chocolate. Not started.
- Gringott's Wizard Bank: Vault for money and gold. Started but unfinished. Plans to put in a trolley ride of sorts.
- The Three Broomsticks: Restaurant. Finished.
- The Teleportarium: a made up store (I got the name from a Dawn of War game), which teleports one into Hogwarts Castle, and vice versa.
- Hogwarts Express Train
- Butterbeer Stand.
- Unknown shop: most likely will be either the broom shop, a Quidditch shop, or The Leaky Cauldron. Undecided, but open to suggestions.

Shots from both inside and outside The Three Broomsticks.

I tried to model the Three Broomsticks restaurant after the one at Universal Studios, which I have eaten at. The chicken breast/leg platter with corn is pretty good if you ever want to try it. The ceiling of the restaurant is supposed to look like an inn as well, with lofted beds and railings to get up to one's room.

I do really like the drink stand, with the cylinders on top of the crates. I added it in the Palpatine Smokehouse on my Final Frontier map too.

I have run out ideas as to make every store unique, but not look like a giant library either. I am trying not to use bookshelves as the main block, but I cant seem to make them look like stores without. That and I have run low on motivation too.

Picture 1: Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, and the Butterbeer stand.
Picture 2: A shot of both Hogwarts and Diagon Alley together.

The Gates of Hell: Dante's Inferno
- "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter"

I modeled the Gates of Hell after Rodin's copy, who made his in the late nineteenth century. Rodin's Gates of Hell
his has over one hundred different figures wailing on his sculpture. So what I did was adapt giant scream faces on the side, as they look grim enough for the Gates, and put a pentagram on top. Made the door slightly ajar for players to walk into.

The plan will be to have an opening that players fall through, which takes them to the first area of Hell, the Shores of Acheron, Charon's Vessel, and Limbo. It will be painstaking work :P.

Here is a cool picture I took while underground. It goes to show just how extensive the underground world of Civilizations truly is.

You can see the Forbidden Forest, Chamber of Secrets, the lower portion of the Great Hall inside Hogwarts, Hufflepuff's dorms, the beginnings of Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, The Three Broomsticks, the Pit of the Maledictum, and the Warp Portal. This is just on the back half of the map! There are plenty of underground secrets from the other wonders around the map.

Hope you've enjoyed the update!
You make me smile!

BliTY

• Brah
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PasTe EnerGY
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »
At the start it says better then cod ghost what's not better then cod ghost

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »
Updated pics look great Daunt. This is one of my top 3 favorite Dig Deep maps, can't wait to see what you add next.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:36 PM »
You have just about everything don't ya.
Love them all.
Welcome, come on inside...

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »
Is there a way to play this still? I never go to reply to this owww man!

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2018, 05:45:22 PM »

It's unlikely.
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
NECRO POST! I command thee to rise!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 08:39:22 PM »

I managed to save this map along with all my others when porting older 360 worlds onto the PC edition.
Probably would've died had it been corrupted/unable to retrieve  :((

But for now it has not seen any major updates since I lasted posted on it. Some scenery done here and there but nothing too major to make a post about. And most of that was done years ago.

With modding (or more realistically, waiting for certain modding techniques to get streamlined with the API rather than learn C#) and working on some custom avatars, I've simply stopped progress on this map.
Not to say I couldn't return. I've still got big plans for a lot of areas but alas it's more than I can chew given real life obligations now.

Perhaps in the future when multiplayer is finalized for the PC version, I'll try to host the world. Will take a lot of work to fix all the NPCs and stuff (as I'm sure they're no longer stationary by default).

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know it had piqued your interest!
It's nice to know people still browse these old worlds  :)
You make me smile!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 10:19:19 PM »
Stuff.
More stuff.
I remember this being my first world I ever visited that belonged to a forum member. Very fun to traverse!

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 06:40:07 AM »
@Dauntless395 I have a copy I could throw up to the downloads page :p