Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  PHINIX WORLDS  (Read 2463 times)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
PHINIX WORLDS
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:40 PM »
This is the Phinix worlds clan topic we will be posting content below soon, it will contain Staff/members list,are goal and all relative information about the clan.

Welcome to our topic!

You may have some questions about this, so we answered these questions below to tell you guys some information. A list was created before hand to anticipate these questions.

What is Phinix Worlds?

Phinix Worlds is a map making organization that was made to help get other worlds out there in any way we can, as well as our own. This was created by myself, and TDi Saint as well, who will be joining together to help each other create builds and maps that we are hoping you all will love. Now this does NOT mean that it will only be us, we have a listed staff below under the "Staff" Spoiler, so that you can see who all works closely with us, and who to go to if you need any information. So far, you guys have seen our most recent RPG Projects, Quest RPG, and Sicarius, and the feedback has been just great from both ends, and we would really like to thank you for that!

So this is just a topic for you guy's maps?

No, it is for the Organization's/Company's maps, which in fact, can even be your map. We will also be releasing all of the week's major map updates here. Also, we will be keeping an eye out for amazing maps by the community, and if you seem interested and serious about it, we will definitely make contact with you. A variety of maps is great, and the more we have under one name would be even better, here is a list of the perks:

Spoiler for Hidden Content:
- Be able to work with great builders to try and help you with your map as much as possible.
- You will have access to our Testing Team to test your map when you need it done.
- Your major updates to your map can go on your own Topic, and here to spread the word around more.
- You will be able to provide great entertainment to the Total Miner community with your maps by showing it is Phinix Approved.
- You won't have to worry about questions with the map as much, because our Community squad will always be able to help.
- You won't have to worry about having trustworthy builders, because we will soon have a team that would be willing to help you.
- Your map will be advertised in all maps that are under Phinix Worlds.
- Help this organization get known so that people would trust it to always have great worlds.
- Have instant Admin and Map privileges upon entering Phinix Worlds.
- My email, as well as TDi Saints to get in touch as soon as possible.
- I will create you a custom topic code as well to customize it, as well as a signature text link (if interested).

We hope that you would be interested in getting involved, however, applications will most likely be frowned upon, if your map is great, you can bet that we are paying attention to it!

We hope that this catches your interest, and you decide to "Watch This Topic" to keep updated with the Phinix Worlds, and we hope to see you on one of our maps soon!

Work In Progress Worlds (Alphabetical Order & Clickable)

Destiny RPG Ep.1 (link coming soon)

~Quest RPG~ (link coming soon)

Sicarius (link coming soon)

Our Goal

A while ago, I started Quest RPG, which has been really great to work with so far. It has taken a lot of work, and I think it is all worth it, because it has brought me to help create Phinix. Our goal here is to help inspire, and help build your creations and adventures how you want to create them. So far we have only started and we have gotten so much done, and we want to be able to help you as well. Thanks for the support and we hope to continue to help you and get more amazing maps out there!

Staff

Position: GamerTag (Forum Username)

Leader: XxMetaloidxX (Metaloid)
Leader: TDi Saint (TDi Saint)

Admin: TDi Redemption
Admin: D3LTA FRO5T (D3LTA FRO5T)
Admin: rainebot

World Creator: Codinevandal (Codinevandal)

Community Manager: Kooga Elite (tommyh94)

Recorder: BW Be Raging (quack)
Recorder: WestExHD (TheRookiGamer)

Builder: Thee Cobra
Builder: KSI Reclamation (Serebii2013)
Builder: D3LTA FRO5T (D3LTA FRO5T)

Reviewer: Milkshakez7z (Shakez)
Reviewer: cooldude013 (cooldude013)

Writer: Doctor Pebphiz
Writer: shortpants 128

Tester: D3LTA FRO5T (D3LTA FRO5T)
Tester: Milkshakez7z (Shakez)
Tester: KUi Klutch (KUi Klutch)
Tester: liam01rory
Tester: ALBINO GORRILAS
Tester: KSI Reclamation (Serebii2013)

Interested in Joining our Staff?

Just send one of the leaders or admins a PM here, or on Xbox with the position you want, why you want it, and what you have to contribute to the organization.

Please, if you have any questions, or need any information, please contact our community manager.

Forums Username: Tommyh94
GamerTag: Kooga Elite                     

Pick Axe Post #1

The Pick Axe Post

Welcome to our first news post for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

Also, "The Pick Axe Post" was an idea by our community manager Tommy, thanks for that!

We are proud to announce that Codinevandal will be joining us as our first World Creator here at Phinix. He will be joining us with his three map series Dragon Town, and the other two which have not currently been announced. We are in the process of getting things set up and what not, and a update about that should be seen next week. Congratulations Codinevandal!

TDi Saint has been hard at work on the world Sicarius. He said,

The arena is nearing its exterior completion and most of the little things around the map that had to be done are now finished.

Quest RPG is finally moving our of builds within the next 3 weeks, and moving into testing. This morning and last night I was working on the futuristic side of things, as well as the desert. It is coming along great so far, and a little addition to the desert will be The Legend of Gravity, which will be a completed side quest that will even take you into the future as mentioned above. Here is a little background of it.

The god of gravity has had his rightful power taken from him long ago, by a sand-king, Ayrus. You have been chosen to get the power back. Gear up and head to the Iicatar Desert, and reveal the Legend of Gravity!

We also have been working on an Adventure/Challenge Map that is completed, and only needs polishing to release on the day that 1.8 comes out. It can total to around 2 - 3 hours of gameplay with a series of challenging challenges!

Shakez has been looking through maps and giving us his thoughts on them, we have a nice little list on who we will be contacting soon, so make sure you keep up to date here.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to be here next Tuesday for the latest Phinix Worlds information!

Have questions? Feel free to contact our Community Manager:

Pick Axe Post #2

Welcome to our second news post for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

This week we are proud to announce the Achievement System! The basic concept will be that there will be Achievements in maps involved with this system, which is completely optional from the World Creator. We will also keep score, for example, you send the host the code for the Achievement and we will reply with the amount of World Score you received from that achievement. This is going to be something really unique and fun to do, and even a bit of competitiveness.

We also plan on having a reward system that we are currently working out, as well as a leaderboard when it is all enabled.

We have added "Our Goal" and a little bit of how we started on the OP.

Codinevandal has finally gotten settled in with us at Phinix, and tons of progress has been made on his map series, Destiny. He has said that we can see the first Episode of the series playable around the release of 1.8, and the second map will be shortly after.

Our staff list has been modified to show the latest members whom have joined, we thank them and congratulate them for being apart of Phinix!

TDi Saint has some news for us about Sicarius regarding the initial release of the map.

Note on Sicarius:

The first towns I will be doing will be the port town and some small villages with the land in between, right now I'm working on a series of buildings for the port town that can be copied and pasted, once those are done I will put quests in place and people will be able to play that area of the world properly, they will also be able to watch me build the next areas as well.

The first "expansion" after the initial start will be the capital.

Depending on how things go I may also be able to place the mages city in the initial release, if not then that will come with the capital.

It's easiest for me to do these first as they will all be located in the grasslands area..

Thanks for reading! Be sure to be here next Tuesday for the latest Phinix Worlds information!

Pick Axe Post #3
The Pick Axe Post

Welcome to our third news post for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

We are now officially releasing information on our newest, and only completed map so far, Time Loss. This map will immediately be playable when 1.8 comes out since we have completely finished it. It is a pretty great starter for the many amazing worlds to release in the future. You can think of it as a sample of what's to come. We will have it's thread up by next week for everyone to see, and hopefully by tat time out YouTube channel will be accessible, and possibly even a trailer of Time Loss on it so that you all can take a look at what's to come.

Last week we went over achievements and keeping score. Now we will talk about the Leaderboards & Reward System. This has been thought about a ton and believe me we are still working on making it better, here is how it will work. After you have a certain amount of World Score, you will in a way "Level Up". Leveling up automatically gives you a prize, for example 100 Qoin on QRPG, not onlymwillmyoumrecieve that, but you will also receive a certain amount of Phinix Points for that level, which can be used to buy something you want. You can use it to buy Shared Versions of the map, Premium Map Memberships, in-game currency, in-game items, and other various things that we will be able to make possible as prizes. It is basically a reward system for playing our maps, and continuing to play them.

With the leaderboards, will basically show something like this:

XxMetaloidxX Score: 100 Points: 25 Spent: 10

Something along those lines, and will be on the original post for the community to see who is the top player of Phinix!

Codinevandal as usual has been hard are work on Destiny. With the first episode ready for release after about 1 - 2 weeks after the update, Ep 2 will follow after with a estimated time of 3 - 5 weeks after the update.

TDi Saint has a quote he'd like to share about the work on ideas:

With the update just around the corner plans and ideas are really starting to take shape amongst everyone involved on Sicarius. We now have exact plans of what needs to be done and what should be done once the update is out and we have got to grips with the new features.

Four Corners, the 4 Map Series will hopefully be joining us officially within' the next two weeks. So far it looks great, and everything has kept up to speed with the work on the map. If it is ever being hosted you should definitely go check it out, you won't be disappointed.

And last but not least, we have started our first official Group World, completely by the Phinix Staff, here is a list of current members involved:

KSI Reclimation
TDi Saint
D3LTA FRO5T
KOOGA ELITE
XxMetaloidxX

Lets just say this is a hide and seek idea that will revolutionize how the game is played.

We also want to congratulate Doctor Pebphiz and shortpants 128 for. Becoming our newest Writers!

Of course everything on the Original Post has been updated (Staff & PAP)

Pick Axe Post #4
The Pick Axe Post

Welcome to this weeks installment of "The Pick Axe Post" for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

This week there is just a few small announcements to keep you all up to date with the group.

First of all I'd like to congratulate our Community Manager Tommyh94 on becoming Miner of the Month. I think most of you will agree that he is very deserving of it.

Now onto the Phinix Worlds side of things.

The "Time Loss" and "Quest RPG" announcements have been postponed due to their creator Metaloid being otherwise occupied for the time being.

Currently everyone is hard at work getting structures ready for the upcoming updates component features and we are all thinking up ideas of what we can do with the many other new features that will come with 1.8, some ideas may work and some may not but one thing we can guarantee is that once we've had a chance to adapt to the many new things soon to be added the quality of our maps will increase greatly and we all hope that they won't disappoint.

Also one of the "Sicarius" test build maps will be hosted all this weekend for anyone to join, the lobby will be left open but if you're struggling to find it just ask TDi Saint for an invite either over Xbox Live or these forums.

I hope you found this weeks short announcement informative and that you are all looking forward to 1.8 as much as we are.

Thanks for reading! Make sure you check this topic next Tuesday to hear the latest news regarding Phinix Worlds!

Pick Axe Post #5
The Pick Axe Post

Welcome to this weeks Pick Axe Post for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

To start off this post there are just a few small announcements before we move onto the theme for this week.

Shakez has a small request for all you map makers out there,
I will be contacting a few people soon about map's, Keep some space in your inbox - Shakez

If unable to contact you via the forums Shakez will attempt to contact you over Xbox Live.

Quest RPG will also be delayed until further notice.

Codinevandal is continuing to work hard on his map series and is aiming to have it available for you all to play as soon as possible without neglecting the high quality of maps we aim for at Phinix Worlds.

TDi Saint is continuing to make components for the port town in "Sicarius" with the help of admin TDi Redemption who is busy producing many different styles of small ships to fill the docks with a wide variety of designs.

Now onto the main announcement for this weeks Pick Axe Post.

With Easter coming up this weekend we thought it would be an ideal time to talk about Easter Eggs within our maps.

Our map makers plan on including Easter Eggs throughout their maps for you to challenge yourself to try and find them, you may recognize some from other games, movies, books or possibly even other Phinix Worlds maps, you may even find side quests within the worlds to try and find a certain Easter Egg and be rewarded if you are successful. We also plan on implementing some of the harder to find Easter Eggs into the achievements system so that you can increase your score simply by taking your time and admiring some of the views on our maps.

Finally everyone at Phinix Worlds would like to wish you all a happy Easter and we hope you look forward to reading the next installment of "The Pick Axe Post".

Thanks for reading! Make sure to check back soon for the latest news regarding Phinix Worlds!

Pick Axe Post #6
Welcome to our news post for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

To start off everyone here at Phinix Worlds would like to say congratulations to this months Miner Of The Month Liam9797.

Now for the first announcement regarding Phinix Worlds directly,

We are now prepared to begin releasing content whether it be maps or component packs very soon after the release of 1.8. We have also agreed amongst our map makers to host competitions which can involve anything from writing a story which may become a book in one of the maps or possibly even a side quest to a competition to build something that will be placed on one of our maps. We can assure you that our Community Manager Tommyh94 has some interesting ideas to make the competitions as fun and as involving for you all as possible, also any competition winners who have builds/stories placed on our maps will of course be credited.

Now to finish off this post I thought I'd give you an example of the commitment from our map makers and sheer scale of the maps that you will be able to play in,

TDi Saint said
Sicarius has now reached a total blocks placed figure of 873,426 across all five test maps, I'm making a rough estimate that about 500,000 of these blocks will actually make it into the final build however

Codinevandal said
Most of my adventure maps have now reached the stage that they are too big to continue working on until the update is released however this has not stopped me from continuing work wherever possible.

As always thanks for reading this weeks Pick Axe Post and be sure to check back next Tuesday to catch up on the latest information regarding Phinix Worlds!

Pick Axe Post #7
The Pick Axe Post

Welcome to this weeks "Pick Axe Post" for Phinix Worlds! Lets spread the news!

Not too much news this week so we will just inform you all of any announcements we wish to make.

First of all TDi Saint and TDi Redemption are busy planning out the first major town of "Sicarius". This town is integral to the story as it is where all players will start and we welcome any suggestions to layout or buildings you feel the town should contain. Please see the "Sicarius" thread in World Showoff for more details.

The main announcement for this week is that from now on we will begin posting pictures of our worlds in some of the "Pick Axe Post" updates provided the creator of the map is comfortable with them being shown here. Big thanks to DiamondBack662 for the idea to do this.

To begin these pictures we will begin with a few shots of TDi Saint's world "Sicarius". The pictures will include the ship that will be located in the docks of the port town and a small chapel that will be one of the many random places to explore in the vast wilderness of the world of "Sicarius".

Ship
Spoiler

Chapel
Spoiler

Hopefully we will be able to post pictures of another one of our worlds next week so that you can see the vast array of maps we a re producing.

As always thanks for reading!

Have questions? Feel free to contact our Community Manager!

please note some links and spoilers may not work
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:16:41 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Xalron

• The Bourg Will Assimilate
    • View Profile
    • Bourg Computer Sciences
  • Xbox: D3LTA ST0RM
  • Steam: Xalron
PHINIX WORLDS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
I am here guys!
- Xalron, formerly D3LTA FRO5T

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
Re: PHINIX WORLDS
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:22:14 PM »
Glad we got the topic up Already.

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
I'm here too!

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 06:24:11 AM »
Should get this back up and running when TDi makes it to the forums which will be soon hopefully.

(smacks you)

Kitty

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 06:37:10 AM »
Should get this back up and running when TDi makes it to the forums which will be soon hopefully.
Has anyone Told him yet D:

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 06:46:21 AM »
i sent him a message with the new forums address over xbox live

(smacks you)

Kitty

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 06:50:11 AM »
i sent him a message with the new forums address over xbox live
Oh alright sweet, I was just going to send him one.

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »
We'll get everybody back here.

Kitty

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile