Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Forum Awards  (Read 3574 times)

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Forum Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »
Well I upload most of my content to the forums at least twice a week. I am not for or against the idea because I think the entire award base is worthless. Its just another way for people to say they're better than others. But like all of the awards there should be basic criteria. Or like people could vote to see if they think someone is worthy of earning it.
But you would need to vote every week, by thme giving an award for your channel it means they accept the content on it, and will have to check every video you make to make sure it does not contain things it shouldn't.
As bob said before, he is all for adding new awards but only if they are quick to give out and nor hard to check, this award would mean they will have to go through hours of totalminer videos. and then check every video that person makes,

To much hassle for alot of nothing.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »
But you would need to vote every week, by thme giving an award for your channel it means they accept the content on it, and will have to check every video you make to make sure it does not contain things it shouldn't.
As bob said before, he is all for adding new awards but only if they are quick to give out and nor hard to check, this award would mean they will have to go through hours of totalminer videos. and then check every video that person makes,

To much hassle for alot of nothing.

Well what about innocent until proven guilty? Plenty of people build maps on TM with innapropiate content on them but people don't go and make sure that they get deleted. Like for instance, my videos are fine as they are, but if I were to cuss, and degrade certain people then I shouldn't be allowed. So you get the award for having a TM Channel. You keep the award until someone finds something inappropriate about your channel. That way you still earn it, and you keep your rep clean.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
Well what about innocent until proven guilty? Plenty of people build maps on TM with innapropiate content on them but people don't go and make sure that they get deleted. Like for instance, my videos are fine as they are, but if I were to cuss, and degrade certain people then I shouldn't be allowed. So you get the award for having a TM Channel. You keep the award until someone finds something inappropriate about your channel. That way you still earn it, and you keep your rep clean.
Same point as above, your post is exactly what i mean, it takes along time to check every video to make sure, bob does not want to sit there 30mins to an hour checking every ones channel and tm videos to make sure they have not done something wrong, bob has said he does not want one that needs to be maintained. just 1 time give and also does not take long to check if they have requirements, i would love a Video award as will show that the staff appreciate the advertising, but to much time.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Clerical has done a good job reminding everyone of why a youtube award won't happen. Let's move on with other ideas instead of trying to think of a work around. It is just creating far too much effort for no real gain. Next idea.

Also keep this in mind:
A youtube award is just not going to happen. It would require way too much of a time investment for me to sit and watch 2 hours or more of videos for each person requesting the award. I need to be able to identify if the award is deserved in 30 seconds.

Not to mention it's far too subjective, which will only end up with people moaning and complaining that so and so has the award, and they don't deserve it and such. Same goes for awards for who has the best idea topics, who has the best stories in the writers section, etc. Anything subjective is a no.

B1ack W1dow

• Tester
  • Total Miner Forge Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: X B1ack W1dow X
  • Steam: Totalminerforgeplayer
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
here is an idea since most of you know I hosted the Robotic competition. Why not have a robotic host award, because I'm sure not going to be the last host, I think. Another reason for this award is for the hosts that completed the competition and doesn't drop out at last min.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »
here is an idea since most of you know I hosted the Robotic competition. Why not have a robotic host award, because I'm sure not going to be the last host, I think. Another reason for this award is for the hosts that completed the competition and doesn't drop out at last min.
They will earn robotic in most cases. no need for them to earn 2 awards for one action.

B1ack W1dow

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
They will earn robotic in most cases. no need for them to earn 2 awards for one action.

I was more talking about the robo award will be robo host just so people find it easier to find who to talk to (This is for new people mostly). If the host is no longer host it will turn in to just robo then.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 01:37:14 PM »
I was more talking about the robo award will be robo host just so people find it easier to find who to talk to (This is for new people mostly). If the host is no longer host it will turn in to just robo then.
In this case i don't mind it, while hosting it will say something different, and after the contest it will trade it out for robo one.
I like it. and makes it easier for new people to find out who to PM. not many robo hosts are active though, which can be a problem some times.

B1ack W1dow

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »
In this case i don't mind it, while hosting it will say something different, and after the contest it will trade it out for robo one.
I like it. and makes it easier for new people to find out who to PM. not many robo hosts are active though, which can be a problem some times.

Yes that can be a problem thats why I think robo hosts should be on at least once a day to check messages. I mean it only takes a second to log on and give some help to people.

That's why the host should be chosen carefully. There are a lot of people on the forums now that are dedicated to the forum. Should always be handed down to someone with the passion to record because its a big hassle to organize everything.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »
I see that as more of an award that only the current host would have. This would be done to prevent confusion on who is the current host for a contest and who has been a host.

While the contest is underway the host would have the "Robo Host" award. Once the contest is over he would default to the "Robo" award and the next host would receive the host award. This makes it easier for players to know exactly who to talk to.

Now there could also just be two awards, one for previous hosts and one for current hosts, or there could be a member group similar to Miner of the Month. The current host would be given the Host group while all others would have the award.

Or just give the host award to any and all hosts and let you guys deal with the confusion and be done with it.  ^-^