Author Topic:  Forum Awards  (Read 2749 times)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Forum Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 02:51:17 AM »
im waiting on a youtube award

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 06:47:46 AM »
im waiting on a youtube award
Not a good idea, i could make a channel and record it with a phone and get it? what qualifies as being "Youtube" :P and if you stop recording for awhile, would you loose it?
Alot to think about XD,
but i do think a badge to do with youtube would be nice, shows people who supports the game as far as advertising goes.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »
Not a good idea, i could make a channel and record it with a phone and get it? what qualifies as being "Youtube" :P and if you stop recording for awhile, would you loose it?
Alot to think about XD,
but i do think a badge to do with youtube would be nice, shows people who supports the game as far as advertising goes.

Maybe certain qualifications must be set. Such as:

-How many TM videos.
-How long you've been doing it.
-What type of TM videos (IE. Let's Play, Showcases, Random World Jumps etc...)

These are just some off of the top of my head.
Miner Of The Month - April 2014
My Youtube Channel

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 02:08:31 PM »
A youtube award is just not going to happen. It would require way too much of a time investment for me to sit and watch 2 hours or more of videos for each person requesting the award. I need to be able to identify if the award is deserved in 30 seconds.

Not to mention it's far too subjective, which will only end up with people moaning and complaining that so and so has the award, and they don't deserve it and such. Same goes for awards for who has the best idea topics, who has the best stories in the writers section, etc. Anything subjective is a no.

Kard

• Waiting For The Ban Hammer
  • Awards 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vGalvatron
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »
Why not add some badges for 1 year/2 year/3 year members?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »
Why not add some badges for 1 year/2 year/3 year members?
The forums haven't been here a year yet so nobody would qualify

Kard

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:28 PM »
The forums haven't been here a year yet so nobody would qualify
For the future i mean!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
I'm planning to, but that's still 2 months and change off from now.

Kard

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
You could also add a like/rep counter to the forum. then have badges for that?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »
We tried rep already. Too much abuse, too many complaints, hence it's gone and never coming back.

Kard

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »
Ah that sucks

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
Ah that sucks

I'm glad it's not coming back, the like feature never gets abused but with rep, people were just getting down repped because of nothing, therefore showing people that he/she is a bad member which shouldn't happen.

Also, if there was a like reward "Reach a certain number of likes", than that's going to cause more "Hey, can people like this post [link]" and just more spam asking for likes etc. I'm not saying everyone is going to act like that, but can guarantee someone and more will do it.

Kard

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Here's a way for the youtube badge to work. with this site you can track people youtube views/subs. eg: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/itzlupo

You can say 100+ views per week for this badge. You can ask members to post a link to there socialblade and then all you need to do is click the link and check there channel traffic!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
Here's a way for the youtube badge to work. with this site you can track people youtube views/subs. eg: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/itzlupo

You can say 100+ views per week for this badge. You can ask members to post a link to there socialblade and then all you need to do is click the link and check there channel traffic!
But that shows the hole channel, so you could upload 1 totalminer video a week but have 20 videos of other things to get your views,
There no many things we don't know and to many rules we would have to set, we would also have to check every video to make sure they comply with the rules, which takes a lot of time.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Kard

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »
But that shows the hole channel, so you could upload 1 totalminer video a week but have 20 videos of other things to get your views,
There no many things we don't know and to many rules we would have to set, we would also have to check every video to make sure they comply with the rules, which takes a lot of time.
This is a tight community, i think someone would tell bob if a member wasnt uploading any TM videos.

He could always have a Media Team to do these checks for him?