Author Topic:  Future Script and Circuitry Subtopic  (Read 542 times)

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
Future Script and Circuitry Subtopic
« on: February 07, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »
My idea is to have a subtopic labeled "Scripts and Circuitry" under the Total Miner discussions.

This would benefit forum surfers who are interested in the following:

- pinned posts about the basic set-up of circuitry
- pinned posts about setting up a script and how to write them

Most Importantly - questions asking for advice on how to set up the script or circuitry involving a specific scenario.
For example, members could post a topic like "Im trying to implement a challenge puzzle using mob spawners and switches. Mobs spawn at ___, player walks towards ___ and must activate switch X. [insert other complex details regarding how the challenge works]. Can anyone help me on how the script commands should be written and when they should be executed on the script block? Where power should be set up, and frequencies? Where mobs should spawn to give fairest challenge?"

This would alleviate clutter in the "Questions & Answers" thread by allocating all of the script and power discussions into one subtopic. This would also allow Total Miner players who are knowledgable in uses of scripts/circuitry to post their advice and help others in one specific place.
The subtopic wouldn't have to be implemented right away, could be held off until the v2.0 update comes out.
You make me smile!

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Future Script and Circuitry Subtopic
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Good idea. If powered circuit and script stuff becomes as popular as I think it will be I'll add it after the updates out

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:00 AM »
As long as its voiced over by Morgan freeman. I always love it in movies when I'm lost and he comes in and explains everything to the audience.

seriously though this sound like a good idea.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:49:31 AM »
I Agree, im planning on making a bunch of weird things with them and even doing a few videos on them, there going to be difficult for alot of the kids to understand stand so be a good place to learn from people who do.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:55:54 AM »
Great Idea, I'd like to try and help if I can :D.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

FeAr x SN1P3z

• Elite Member
  • FeAr Inc.
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Batman!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FeAr x SN1P3z
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
Love it
NextGenerationBuilder~Challenge