Author Topic: [Skills] Skill Data Dump  (Read 17419 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
[Skills] Re: Skill Data Dump
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 05:33:12 AM »
I mean the difference in levelling them both?
I don't understand your question.

RXZ x REPLAYZz

Re: Skill Data Dump
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 05:35:26 AM »
I don't understand your question.
how do you level up attack and how do you level up strength? whats the difference eg attack kill things strength take lots of hits?

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners 3 years on site+600 posts I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 05:51:17 AM »
Item: Sentry turret- Smithing required 2.
Maybe a bit higher? Say 10 same as proximity mine?

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 05:53:47 AM »
Item: Sentry turret- Smithing required 2.
Maybe a bit higher? Say 10 same as proximity mine?
Id say 5-10, i hope a sentry can only use ammo/weapon as you can.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 05:57:07 AM »
how do you level up attack and how do you level up strength? whats the difference eg attack kill things strength take lots of hits?
Attack or Defense XP is gained by striking mobs or players, depending on what weapons you use. Most weapons give Attack XP but a few give Defense XP. If you strike with a non weapon, such as a pick axe, Attack XP is given.

Strength XP is not given directly for a specific action (*with 2 exceptions), but it is given by many actions as secondary XP. Striking a mob or player, mining, digging, chopping a block, etc. I don't know them all off the top of my head and I'm not on my dev computer so I can't list them all atm.
* There are 2 weapons in the game that allow you to get Strength XP directly as the primary XP, without leveling other skills.

Health XP works the same way as Strength XP but for different actions. Some actions give both Strength XP and Health XP as secondary, like Striking a Mob or player, some actions only give Strength as a secondary and some only Health as a secondary.

Secondary XP is always a (smallish) percentage of the primary XP.

The higher your Attack level is, the higher the chance you will hit your opponent when using Attack based weapons. And the higher the class of Attack based weapons you can use. Higher class weapons have higher Max Hit values (can strike more damage). Your Attack level has no bearing on how much damage you can inflict, only the chance you will hit in the first place. Your weapon and your Strength level determine how much damage you can inflict (Max Hit). So players with high Attack and low Strength will hit often but not very hard. Players with low Attack and high Strength will hit less often, but when they do, they will hit harder.

The higher your Defense level is, the higher the chance you will hit your opponent when using Defense based weapons (your Attack level is also factored in here as a smaller secondary value). And the higher the class of Defense weapons you can use. Also the higher the class of Armor you can wear, also the higher the chance your opponent will miss you when they strike. Defense does not reduce the damage you will take on a hit, it only reduces the chance you will be hit in the first place. As for Attack, your Defense level has no bearing on how much damage you can inflict.

Your Strength level is factored into the Max Hit of the weapon your using so the higher your Strength level, the more damage you can potentially do. Higher Strength also has secondary benefits such as allowing you to mine, dig, chop faster (regardless of tool), and some others.

The higher your Health level, the more Hit Points (Health Bar) you have, and therefor the more damage you can take before you die.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:57:04 PM by Craig »

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 06:02:56 AM »
This is perfect, i was really hoping this is how it worked, very impressed and can not wait to play it :D,

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 06:19:43 AM »
2 Suggestions,
One is something that will apear when you level a skill, will changhe between an image of the skill and the level you just aquired
would look similar to this
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

And Second would be a picture of the stat you are training and a bar that goes around the circle , the more complete the circle the more XP you have in that level, refreshes when you level, so you can see your progress of your XP while you skill and don't have to keep checking.

Both are these are things that are used in rune scape that was added not to long ago, it is a huge help and so you don;t have to keep checking you XP when you are at the higher levels.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 06:23:03 AM »
And Second would be a picture of the stat you are training and a bar that goes around the circle , the more complete the circle the more XP you have in that level, refreshes when you level, so you can see your progress of your XP while you skill and don't have to keep checking.
This is already done.

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 06:24:14 AM »
2 Suggestions,
One is something that will apear when you level a skill, will changhe between an image of the skill and the level you just aquired
would look similar to this
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
I really like the idea but it cant be that big and if it is it cant be in the middle of the screen, because if youre fighting, exploring etc it might put you off if it fills up the screen and you cant see!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:25:26 AM by Craig »

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 06:30:55 AM »
I really like the idea but it cant be that big and if it is it cant be in the middle of the screen, because if youre fighting, exploring etc it might put you off if it fills up the screen and you cant see!
Agreed, size and location would matter with this, but you need some way to see that you have achieved a new level and in what skill,
Could also have it so it says in bottom corner it yellow writing saying
"(GT) has achieved (LV) In (Skill)"

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 03:56:40 AM »
Had some fun today.

I was testing PvP combat with levels (on split screen). It became a bit laborious manually tweaking each players skill levels and equipment, then having a battle, then more tweaks, another battle, etc.

So I wrote an offline simulator which simulates players fighting against each other using the games combat code. The benefit of the simulator being offline is it can simulate a battle in a fraction of a second, which might take 2 or 3 minutes in the game itself.

I told the simulator to run thousands of battles, varying the combat style, equipment and player levels, and output the battle results. Made for some very interesting reading.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 04:04:11 AM »
Had some fun today.
Sounds quite productive, So does the combat seem more balanced from the current retail version?, and can you post a bit of what you found out from the simulator, the new combat system is one of the drastic changes in this update so be nice to know more about it.
But if you want us to wait i don't mind :P

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 04:14:24 AM »
Sounds quite productive, So does the combat seem more balanced from the current retail version?
It's much more interesting.

In the retail version, everybody is the same, the only difference is the sword. In the retail version, if you're facing the opponent correctly you will hit them, no chance to miss, and the damage dealt is always the same, based on the sword. That's terribly boring.

Now there is a whole lot more weapons with varying max hits, strike ranges and swing speeds. Throw player skill levels into the mix, and a proper dice based combat system that means you can hit or miss even if you're facing straight at the player. And if you do hit you're not always going to get a max hit. Throw in a truck load of different armor items and the results are even more unpredictable. Add in some enchanted jewellery to spice it up a bit more.

If you're wondering about the balance between Melee vs Ranged, it's much more balanced now. If it's a slug match, Melee will usually win if the players are of similar skill levels. The Elven bow does boost the archer significantly though which can make the difference.

It's not comparable to the current retail system.

I won't post any of the simulator results. It's up to the players to experiment and find out what works best for them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:20:11 AM by Craig »

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 04:19:56 AM »

In the retail version, everybody is the same, the only difference is the sword. In the retail version, if you're facing the opponent correctly you will hit them, no chance to miss, and the damage dealt is always the same, based on the sword. That's terribly boring.

Now there is a whole lot more weapons with varying max hits, strike ranges and swing speeds. Throw player skill levels into the mix, and a proper dice based combat system that means you can hit or miss even if you're facing straight at the player. And if you do hit you're not always going to get a max hit. Throw in a truck load of different armor items and the results are even more unpredictable. Add in some enchanted jewellery to spice it up a bit more.

I won't post any of the simulator results. It's up to the players to experiment and find out what works best for them.
Okay thanks for the Additional information, im looking forward to see what the community does with all the 2.0 features :P, hoping to see more combat based maps and even some more maps that allow more permissions then adventure, with all the 2.0 features the game is going to change alot, in the quality of maps and how the community treats one another, Total Miner 2 :P

ZOMBIE RULES 97

• Elite Member
  • Head of Liam's mining Inc. Best Buddy Scuppy 11.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SkankHunt42SP
  • Steam: ZOMBIE_RULES_97
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 01:26:22 AM »

If you're wondering about the balance between Melee vs Ranged, it's much more balanced now. If it's a slug match, Melee will usually win if the players are of similar skill levels. The Elven bow does boost the archer significantly though which can make the difference.

What would happen in ranged versus melee if the melee guy had full tittnuim armor?
I like to change profile picture and signature weekly but not to hide. When I see a character I like in a new SP episode I change all my profile pictures and cover photos to the same picture of the same character.
This one is called :