Author Topic:  Fallout discussion topic  (Read 13599 times)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fallout discussion topic
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 12:23:06 AM »
nice will have to print that out and try it ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

demman32

• Elite Member
  • Bob's Disciple
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: yogi bear triad
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 12:27:08 AM »
Thesurvivor2299.com was fake. FML

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:42:40 PM by demman32 »
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

FalloutMan

• Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xxUnKn0wN Sn1p4
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
Tunnel Snakes Rule!
Nuclear Winter Wonderland

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2013, 01:02:21 AM »

They didn't specifically call it out as fake, but one would assume it is.

Nevermind...It's completely fake. http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:18:26 AM by Kitty »

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2013, 03:05:31 AM »
Might not be completely fake, it possibly could be someone hyping up there Mod for PC version of New Vegas. I've seen teaser videos and other stuff for mods before, someone might have just made the website and people unfortunately thought it was by Bethesda.

(smacks you)

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »
Might not be completely fake, it possibly could be someone hyping up there Mod for PC version of New Vegas. I've seen teaser videos and other stuff for mods before, someone might have just made the website and people unfortunately thought it was by Bethesda.
If you go to the website you will see what I mean...

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2013, 04:43:42 AM »
If you go to the website you will see what I mean...
Oh well that sucks. ._. I think I'm going to have to go track some people Down now.

(smacks you)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »
shame its not real, o well i am sure there will be info on a new one someday ^_^

anywho

FalloutMan

• Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xxUnKn0wN Sn1p4
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2013, 08:57:06 PM »
Just don't ever forget,

Tunnel Snakes Rule.
Nuclear Winter Wonderland

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:06 AM »
A bit of a bummer that the whole thing was a hoax... Oh well, at least it got me thinking of something awesome... I decided to make a dancing gif in honor of the Fallout series.

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »
http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956 I'm no Fallout fan, but I seriously just want Bethesda to release a trailer and confirming Fallout 4... All these rumours and leaks are just crazy!

Rikka

• A love where no one gets hurt doesn't exist
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fallen Lymiik
  • PSN: MonsterLymik
  • Steam: Lymiik
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »

like the video says for the next uhh 19 hours you can download Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free
http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

Sig made by me
Steam: Lymiik
Tumblr: http://lymiik.tumblr.com
PSN: MonsterLymik
Battle.net: Lymiik#11710

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 02:39:50 PM »

like the video says for the next uhh 19 hours you can download Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free

irony i was just gona ask if any one played tactics.

for thosa ewho never played them before a shortish discription for them:

Fall out 1:

the game that started it all, the game that blew minds for its hardcoreness and open world ness for its day.

not gona lie for today its aculty extreamly linier and shallow. for its time it was insanly deep and open. there are a LARGE number of useless skills. and theres a timmer for your first quest.

that said, there are probly 3 ways to ligit beat the game, including combat/talking/stealth. a mix would be best (talking/combat).

theres still npcs in the game, but you get very little contorl over them, and they tend ot be terrable for end game. you can still give them diffrent weapons, but they have the armor they start with and can not change. so by end game they tend to die in fire (litterly). but there good to have early game. expcaily Ian/dog meat (yes the origanal walkign dog god him self)/cassady. theres a cupel others but by the time you get them there useless.

the first and only thing on your mind for your quest is finding the water chip, theres a time limit for it. it shows the number of days you have left to find it. after you find and return it, your free to do what ever you please (or beat the game).

even if it seems liek nto much time theres plenty of time to get the chip and get it back. after you do you can free roam, and theres tons of cool places to be.

some very cool places (imo), the glow, the citadeal, miltary base, nercropalise, veyr cool places with nice story.

again its kinda short and theres a number of useless skills (gambaling comes to mind). but worht a play threw once as #2 has a lot of refrinces to #1 and charcitors and placs.

Fallout 2:

easly 3-4x the size of #1. lot less useless skills, but there still there (Gambaling again). theres still supaisdly 3 ways to beat it (combat/talking/stealth).

NPCS are very very very useful now, and will live even threw end game, thanks to a much more in depth (even more so then fo3!!!) interface for delaing wiht you npcs. and you can now give them armor.

best/fav npcs (IMO) saulk (i love him and grampy bone)/ vic (amazing sniper latter in game)/ cassady (just fun, reminds me of quad ^_^). can littrly have a small army of npcs (based on charisdma and perks). and best part is there aculty ueful in the fights.

theres possably a time limit again, i honsilty dont knwo becuse theres no "how many days left" like in #1. so i dont knwo if its a fake time limit, or if theres no time limit for your first quest (get the GECK). the 2nd main quest theres no limit for at all.

after words tho (onmce you get the GECK). you have a wombo sized world to exsplore with an insane amoutn of new enemys and random encounters. crazy things like a nucluer power plant, miltary base (zomg same oen form #1!!!), oil rigs, more miltary bases, china town, rio XD. tons of crazy places. more vaults!

lot more wepaons now too. ton more quests. lot darker and um dirtyer then #1. veyr much worth a play.

Tactics:

ugh..........were do i even start. whiel the idea behind it is amaziong, and the story lien is very cool. the implimentation is TERRABLE. even with a charictor editor, the game feels liek its consitly a one sided battle........agaisnt you. its always an up hill battle. made worse that ammo is ironickly a very limited resource. while theres pletny to do the missions, theres almsot none to do random encounters. meaning your oonly way to lv is to do missions. witch sucks. the onyl way to get ammo is to ether find it off peopel you kill, or buy it at the Quartermaster. and he only has so much on him and it NEVER gets replenished unless you beat a mission.

so your kinda stuck with the squad you start out with (witch is okish, as doc and the sniper are good tema members), but rest you get threw out the game can suck, and there already leveled with skills th egame picks not you.

witch leads to you needing a charctor edited charictor, to littly hold the line, but you cant be eveyr where at once.

where this is most prevalent and insnaly annoying, is the first "Beast master" mission. every mission your ranked, the better you do the more bouneses you get after the mission, including more NPCs to chose from, RANK (as in miltary rank determons whats avalable in the Quartmaster). and other things liek services.

the problem is even with a maxed out charcitor some of the missions are just nuts, and its liek they wernt tested. again back to that beast master mission.

your job is to rescue a town form these peopel called beast masters ok fine go do it. the problem is eveyr single persion you need ot resuce is a hostiage. ok its tactics after all..........wait what? what do you mean theres a room with a single access and theres 20 peopel with bombs straped to not onyl them but the towns power supply..........and eveyr single enemy in the room has a detonator.........urgh!!!!!!!! XD

whole mission is a stleaht mission, ok thats fine put points in sneak..........to find out eveyr single mission after doesint need sneak.......eveyr again XD. even with a maxed out charictor and veyr carful planing its hard to do just that room, theres even more out there in that mission XD.

the game its self is fun tho, the addition of cars for some of the levels is a cool idea. its just again its brutal even with a maxed otu charcitor.

a cool adtion to this game is its the first fallout to have real time combat (this is before fo3 and all).

if its free for sure pick it up. just keep in mind its brutal ^_^, has 3 diffrent endings. :O!

anywho

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
irony i was just gona ask if any one played tactics.

for thosa ewho never played them before a shortish discription for them:

Fall out 1:

the game that started it all, the game that blew minds for its hardcoreness and open world ness for its day.

not gona lie for today its aculty extreamly linier and shallow. for its time it was insanly deep and open. there are a LARGE number of useless skills. and theres a timmer for your first quest.

that said, there are probly 3 ways to ligit beat the game, including combat/talking/stealth. a mix would be best (talking/combat).

theres still npcs in the game, but you get very little contorl over them, and they tend ot be terrable for end game. you can still give them diffrent weapons, but they have the armor they start with and can not change. so by end game they tend to die in fire (litterly). but there good to have early game. expcaily Ian/dog meat (yes the origanal walkign dog god him self)/cassady. theres a cupel others but by the time you get them there useless.

the first and only thing on your mind for your quest is finding the water chip, theres a time limit for it. it shows the number of days you have left to find it. after you find and return it, your free to do what ever you please (or beat the game).

even if it seems liek nto much time theres plenty of time to get the chip and get it back. after you do you can free roam, and theres tons of cool places to be.

some very cool places (imo), the glow, the citadeal, miltary base, nercropalise, veyr cool places with nice story.

again its kinda short and theres a number of useless skills (gambaling comes to mind). but worht a play threw once as #2 has a lot of refrinces to #1 and charcitors and placs.

Fallout 2:

easly 3-4x the size of #1. lot less useless skills, but there still there (Gambaling again). theres still supaisdly 3 ways to beat it (combat/talking/stealth).

NPCS are very very very useful now, and will live even threw end game, thanks to a much more in depth (even more so then fo3!!!) interface for delaing wiht you npcs. and you can now give them armor.

best/fav npcs (IMO) saulk (i love him and grampy bone)/ vic (amazing sniper latter in game)/ cassady (just fun, reminds me of quad ^_^). can littrly have a small army of npcs (based on charisdma and perks). and best part is there aculty ueful in the fights.

theres possably a time limit again, i honsilty dont knwo becuse theres no "how many days left" like in #1. so i dont knwo if its a fake time limit, or if theres no time limit for your first quest (get the GECK). the 2nd main quest theres no limit for at all.

after words tho (onmce you get the GECK). you have a wombo sized world to exsplore with an insane amoutn of new enemys and random encounters. crazy things like a nucluer power plant, miltary base (zomg same oen form #1!!!), oil rigs, more miltary bases, china town, rio XD. tons of crazy places. more vaults!

lot more wepaons now too. ton more quests. lot darker and um dirtyer then #1. veyr much worth a play.

Tactics:

ugh..........were do i even start. whiel the idea behind it is amaziong, and the story lien is very cool. the implimentation is TERRABLE. even with a charictor editor, the game feels liek its consitly a one sided battle........agaisnt you. its always an up hill battle. made worse that ammo is ironickly a very limited resource. while theres pletny to do the missions, theres almsot none to do random encounters. meaning your oonly way to lv is to do missions. witch sucks. the onyl way to get ammo is to ether find it off peopel you kill, or buy it at the Quartermaster. and he only has so much on him and it NEVER gets replenished unless you beat a mission.

so your kinda stuck with the squad you start out with (witch is okish, as doc and the sniper are good tema members), but rest you get threw out the game can suck, and there already leveled with skills th egame picks not you.

witch leads to you needing a charctor edited charictor, to littly hold the line, but you cant be eveyr where at once.

where this is most prevalent and insnaly annoying, is the first "Beast master" mission. every mission your ranked, the better you do the more bouneses you get after the mission, including more NPCs to chose from, RANK (as in miltary rank determons whats avalable in the Quartmaster). and other things liek services.

the problem is even with a maxed out charcitor some of the missions are just nuts, and its liek they wernt tested. again back to that beast master mission.

your job is to rescue a town form these peopel called beast masters ok fine go do it. the problem is eveyr single persion you need ot resuce is a hostiage. ok its tactics after all..........wait what? what do you mean theres a room with a single access and theres 20 peopel with bombs stgraped to not onyl them but the towns power supply..........and eveyr single enemy in the room has a detonator.........urgh!!!!!!!! XD

whole mission is a stleaht mission, ok thats fine put points in sneak..........to find out eveyr single mission after doesint need sneak.......eveyr again XD. even with a maxed out charictor and veyr carful planing its hard to do just that room, theres even more out there in that mission XD.

the game its self is fun tho, the addition of cars for some of the levels is a cool idea. its just again its brutal even with a maxed otu charcitor.

a cool adtion to this game is its the first fallout to have real time combat (this is before fo3 and all).

if its free for sure pick it up. just keep in mind its brutal ^_^, has 3 diffrent endings. :O!
not to burst your bubble, but if I remember correctly wasteland was the game that started it all, and fallout was supposed to be like a spiritual successor to it.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas