Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Alien:Isolation  (Read 5985 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: Alien:Isolation
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »
If I would compare this to any game it would be resident evil 3... There will be guns and flamethrowers,melee weapons and a crafting system.
There are also more enemy types then just the alien... Although the alien is the largest threat.
Randomized ai placement.
There will be humans and synthetics that may try to kill you.. The developers also said its possible to get through the game without killing a single human..
As well as tons of environmental hazards and puzzles...
The map set up is like older resident evil games where you can backtrack and open previous areas with the newly found items you just crafted and multiple routes to take.
Weapon ammo is more scarce then in the older resident evil games.. Like 2 bullets here... 1 there.

It will more or less feel like the nemesis is after you the entire game like in re3... while you deal with other enemies and puzzles on the way to the ending. Sounds delicious to me because amnesia I thought was stupid.

where are you hearing any of this? last i heard its gona play liek haunting grounds and not any RE game.
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

diggy coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
where are you hearing any of this? last i heard its gona play liek haunting grounds and not any RE game.

The game had a playable demo at e3.
The developers freely gave all this information away about the game there... About the only thing they didn't talk about was the ending.
---youtube.com/user/silverboltcoyote---

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
If I would compare this to any game it would be resident evil 3... There will be guns and flamethrowers,melee weapons and a crafting system.
There are also more enemy types then just the alien... Although the alien is the largest threat.
Randomized ai placement.
There will be humans and synthetics that may try to kill you.. The developers also said its possible to get through the game without killing a single human..
As well as tons of environmental hazards and puzzles...

If this is how Alien: Isolation is going to play out, then I have lost all interest in the game.
The trailers made it look like a Slenderman-like game, or an Amnesia-like game. No weapons, no ammo, just run and hide from the Alien while you complete tasks.
Having extra NPCs, extra monsters, and worst of all having weapons, kills any sort of suspense this game could have had.

What makes this a suspenseful survival horror game if I'm creeping down a scary dark hallway.... with my minigun and rocket launcher -_-

Sounds delicious to me because amnesia I thought was stupid.

This to me is how the game should have been done. There shouldn't be any weapons. Just you, the Alien, and a huge scary dark ship that everyone is dead on. This would make the game incredibly better for a survival horror aspect.
You make me smile!

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
If this is how Alien: Isolation is going to play out, then I have lost all interest in the game.
The trailers made it look like a Slenderman-like game, or an Amnesia-like game. No weapons, no ammo, just run and hide from the Alien while you complete tasks.
Having extra NPCs, extra monsters, and worst of all having weapons, kills any sort of suspense this game could have had.

What makes this a suspenseful survival horror game if I'm creeping down a scary dark hallway.... with my minigun and rocket launcher -_-

This to me is how the game should have been done. There shouldn't be any weapons. Just you, the Alien, and a huge scary dark ship that everyone is dead on. This would make the game incredibly better for a survival horror aspect.

amen, what got me intrested in this game was that it sounded liek it was going to be exsactly liek the ps2 game "haunting gorunds" (that has the best AI still TO THIS DAY of any game i played), as well as beign the greatist survival horror game ever i have played still as well.

where you had your self and your dog, agaisnt an invincable enemy you had to run and hide form and use your brain. whiel you ran aroudn compeltign tasks in a giant open world in an amazing huge castle.

i thought this game was gona be liek that, no wepaons, just you and the enemy and your wits.

if they add weapons then you might as well just make this clolnaial marines 2.0 ...............

anywho

diggy coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »
First off..  colonial marines...
The developers hate colonial marines.. And they talked about how much they hated colonial marines...

It is scary when the alien comes out.. Shooting at the alien will just get you killed unless you have a VERY good strategy or reason to do it because bullets wont kill the alien.. You do not have heavy firepower... Very small arms.. Plus guns make a loud amount of noise.... Very bad thing to do.
Its mostly for dealing with the human survivors...(which they are not mindless enemies)  They have different personalities and some will even help you if you gain there trust... Other will betray you.. Others are insane...

Now the game can still turn out horrible... But I am a gaming fanatic and my favorite games are survival based and I liked what I saw in this game so far.
Everyone has there own opinions on how a game should be... I for one am glad they are doing something different and not making a clone of another game...

The alien is EXTREAMLY difficult to evade... And a very good killer... If you hide from it you have to actually control your breathing in-game because it can hear you breathe.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
First off..  colonial marines...
The developers hate colonial marines.. And they talked about how much they hated colonial marines...

It is scary when the alien comes out.. Shooting at the alien will just get you killed unless you have a VERY good strategy or reason to do it because bullets wont kill the alien.. You do not have heavy firepower... Very small arms.. Plus guns make a loud amount of noise.... Very bad thing to do.
Its mostly for dealing with the human survivors...(which they are not mindless enemies)  They have different personalities and some will even help you if you gain there trust... Other will betray you.. Others are insane...

Now the game can still turn out horrible... But I am a gaming fanatic and my favorite games are survival based and I liked what I saw in this game so far.
Everyone has there own opinions on how a game should be... I for one am glad they are doing something different and not making a clone of another game...

The alien is EXTREAMLY difficult to evade... And a very good killer... If you hide from it you have to actually control your breathing in-game because it can hear you breathe.

did they talk about how gearbox F'ed over CM, and how they should hate gearbox and not CM its self.....no because that would be uncool to bash gearbox.

I want the drugs the devlopers are on if they say small arms fire cant kill an alien. WTH are they throwing us against? Praetorians??

and what mindless enemys? even the drones are highly intelaginet beens.....

there taking what could have been the greatest game in the alien franchase and just started ****ing all over it to make the CoD fanboys buy there game......there slowly turing it into a genric run of the mill FPS.

anywho

diggy coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »

Does not look like call of duty to me.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »

Does not look like call of duty to me.

that looks exsactly like what me and daunt have been saying th egame is supsied to be.

that video has nothing of the extra human npcs, wpeaons or other cod nonsense you have been saying are gona be in the game XD

anywho

diggy coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »
You have tools at your disposal to help combat the aliens advanced ai and killing potential..
Much much more deadly then the stupid creatures in amnesia..

The pistol is just a tool of survival.. That's how I see it.
Also guns have been in many survival horror games and resource management is critical in survival games...
Resident evil 1 was the start of great survival horror and that game was packed with guns..

In amnesia you just ran away and hid in a closet... That's literally all you did to survive in that game... How is that using your brain??
In alien isolation you have to be much more creative then that to survive.

Sorry to the people wanting another amnesia clone game... But if you want amnesia go play amnesia again...
Don't be bashing this game before you even played it... I got to play it and I liked it!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:16:48 PM by diggy coyote »

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 10:04:02 AM »
Should have kept the topic a bit more up to date. Anyway Got a treat for UK residents who are interested in purchasing the game. If you preorder it online from Game (shop name) you can get 5 off using promotional code "EGX5" at checkout.

Warning offer may only apply today.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:06:19 AM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.