Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Alien:Isolation  (Read 6010 times)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
Alien:Isolation
« on: January 20, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

Alien: Isolation is an upcoming first-person survival horror, the player plays as Amanda Ripley daughter of Ellen Ripley from the Alien Movie trilogy. Isolated alone on the trading station Sevastopol with an Xenomorph and only a flashlight and motion detector. The player will have to use stealth and caution to survive.

A quote from a interview with the game director that I read:
"The Alien isn't running prescribed paths, If you run and make a lot of noise, it will find you. You have a flash light, which is really useful in the dark but its also a beacon"

Although there is a lot of doubt in the game after Alien: Colonial marines, I think this game has a lot of potential, I hope Sega and Creative assembly pull it off and will be picking up a copy of release hopefully.

Release: 2014 -Date to be announced.
Platform: Xbox 360
              PlayStation 3
              Xbox One
              PlayStation 4
              PC

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
Re: Alien:Isolation
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
It does look good and with the lighting and abience mixed with the fact you are being hunted down means that hopefully and I mean hopefully this can be a horror game I can finally enjoy :)

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »
It would appear this is going to be more of an adventure game with possible aspects of go find the key to open the door type puzzles or Hunt rather than another badly done FPS game. Could be worth playing if the story is good. Hopefully they won't pull a bait and switch on us like the last game did.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:55:38 PM »
It would appear this is going to be more of an adventure game with possible aspects of go find the key to open the door type puzzles or Hunt rather than another badly done FPS game. Could be worth playing if the story is good. Hopefully they won't pull a bait and switch on us like the last game did.

yea i still remmber the last game, and while it was a good game on its own, if any one saw the trailors for the game, the origanal ones, then played it, you would be terraible disapointed.

as to this one i really want to play it, tho the whole idea of being able to hide form an alien is silly tho based on the other games that you can play as one, they can not only see in the dark but they can see threw walls to an exstent too.

but ether way i want to play it ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
yea i still remmber the last game, and while it was a good game on its own, if any one saw the trailors for the game, the origanal ones, then played it, you would be terraible disapointed.

as to this one i really want to play it, tho the whole idea of being able to hide form an alien is silly tho based on the other games that you can play as one, they can not only see in the dark but they can see threw walls to an exstent too.

but ether way i want to play it ^_^

From what I saw from the producers of the game, there is one Alien in the game. To get a feeling for what the game will be like in feel and environment you could watch the First Alien movie. That apparently is what they want this game to be like more than the movies that followed. They won't likely see through walls as they didn't in the movies.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »
From what I saw from the producers of the game, there is one Alien in the game. To get a feeling for what the game will be like in feel and environment you could watch the First Alien movie. That apparently is what they want this game to be like more than the movies that followed. They won't likely see through walls as they didn't in the movies.

cool i did like the first alien movie ^_^ and it would be cool to live that threw a video game ^_^

i liek the idea of the single alein being there and that it has no set path. theres only been oen game i ever played that pulled that off well.

Haunting grounds. best AI i have ever seen. its along the same liens that theres a signle enemy that can kill you in the game and he has no set path. gota use stealth and smarts to get away form him. would love to see another game like that ^_^

anywho

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »
My prediction is that the game will play out like Slender, in which the player controls Ripley in performing certain tasks while avoiding the Alien. If the Alien catches you, you die.

I think that would embody the survival horror element that this game is riding on, according to the trailers. I hope there wont be any weapons, because it would take away the feel of the horror aspect. Instead, it would turn into "oh god the Alien is coming for me... luckily I have this pulse rifle with a grenade launcher!! >:D"

I have hope for the game. I got to play Alien vs. Predator 2 for the PC, and Alien vs Predator for the xbox 360. Unfortunately I didnt get to play Colonial Marines so I cannot compare it to that game.
You make me smile!

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 11:12:22 PM »
My prediction is that the game will play out like Slender, in which the player controls Ripley in performing certain tasks while avoiding the Alien. If the Alien catches you, you die.

I think that would embody the survival horror element that this game is riding on, according to the trailers. I hope there wont be any weapons, because it would take away the feel of the horror aspect. Instead, it would turn into "oh god the Alien is coming for me... luckily I have this pulse rifle with a grenade launcher!! >:D"

I have hope for the game. I got to play Alien vs. Predator 2 for the PC, and Alien vs Predator for the xbox 360. Unfortunately I didnt get to play Colonial Marines so I cannot compare it to that game.

avp 2 for the pc was cool, tho brutal tuff to play as the alien. it had an expasaion that was cool.

the avp you played fopr the 360 is that the newist avp? that was pretty neat, tho it could have been longer imo (I beat all 3 comapins combined in under 6 hours >.>).

your nto missing mucxh for colonial marines. while its technicakly canon for the story line (taking place after aliens 2). it was half baked at best. the rumer is that all its funding was pulled by gear box to give to borderlands 2. ether way something went wrong as can be seen by if you see any of the original trailors for it, and then compaire them to the game.

on its own its a good game, but if you saw the trailors or got any of the hype its a terrabel game. the AI is a joke and the mob selection is a shame. they complety gutted thr rammer one. it was huge and purple in the trailors, in the aculty game its small and a huge pain in the *** because it has some kinda AoE shciok wave attack and yea it made no sense........

making even less sense is
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
hicks is magickly alive...........

but I guess I still had fun playing it.

one of my fav aliens games is the RTS one for ps3 and original xbox, was very cool to have an amry of rpedators, or aliens or marines. the only thing I didn tliek was there where no skirmish lvs, so once you beat the campaign that was it XD ^_^

anywho

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »

Alien: Isolation Developer Diary -- "The Sound of Alien: Isolation"

This trailer makes me excited for the game now. I love horror games and the key part of a horror game is the sounding. I'm glad they're focusing on these things massively, may have to pick it up sometimes after release. :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:41:36 PM by II FerGie x »

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 07:35:35 PM »
I for one cant wait ^_^

anywho