Author Topic:  Proximity Sensor (RL use)  (Read 281 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Proximity Sensor (RL use)
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »
hihi all ^_^

long story short, my dad was asking me if I knew any thing about Proximity Sensors and stuff. I had no idea but I figured I would ask here ^_^

basickly he needs a Proximity Sensor, that can be used outdoors, and it needs to be wireless.

the reason he needs it is for a crane, basickly the crane for what ever brillent reason, does not have a sensor on it to stop who ever is in the cabin form constily pulling the hook up. so the cables to pull the hook up tend to break. worse, the dumb cabin can not see past the one direction, so if something needs to be lifted form said direction, its impossible to see the hook. (yes its a terrible crane, its not his or his companys).

anywho, what he needs is some kinda Proximity Sensor that would make it so it could sense when the hook/box gets close to the top of the boon where the cable goes in. so who ever operates it would get an alarm saying its to close.

does any one know of such a device or have an idea I could tell him? would be very helpful. thank you all ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Proximity Sensor (RL use)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
The cheapest and easiest way would probably be to use a regular car backup proximity alarm. The cameraless ones you can get around like $20-30. They usually have a range of about 6-10 feet. The models with cameras are probably more around $100, but if it were me I wouldn't spend the extra money since mounting on a boom rig gives it a high likelyhood of getting smashed sooner or later. Most of them would be 12 volt, but he shouldn't have any problems getting one to work on a 24 volt system (just assuming that's what the crane is, since I don't know the model.)

But yeah, they're cheap and should do the trick. Amazon has loads of them so finding one that will work for what he wants shouldn't be too hard

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: Proximity Sensor (RL use)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »
The cheapest and easiest way would probably be to use a regular car backup proximity alarm. The cameraless ones you can get around like $20-30. They usually have a range of about 6-10 feet. The models with cameras are probably more around $100, but if it were me I wouldn't spend the extra money since mounting on a boom rig gives it a high likelyhood of getting smashed sooner or later. Most of them would be 12 volt, but he shouldn't have any problems getting one to work on a 24 volt system (just assuming that's what the crane is, since I don't know the model.)

But yeah, they're cheap and should do the trick. Amazon has loads of them so finding one that will work for what he wants shouldn't be too hard

cool tyvm bob ^_^, will talk to him about it ^_^

but I still welcome any and all sugestions ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^