Author Topic:  This.  (Read 264 times)

SteveTheSpoon

• Awards Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This.
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »
Story.

Knock, knock, knock. Isn't it funny? You get used to so many things in your life until they just become habits. Habits that we don't even give a second thought when doing them. Like a knock on a door, we don't even think of the possibilities of what could happen and yet still we automatically make the connection that a knock must mean someone's there, right? It must do, logic must play a factor otherwise what's real? What's anything? No, this is about habits. About mine and about me.

It started when I was a kid. I say started but really I was just like everyone else. I was born like a normal person, acted like a normal person and was a normal person. I used to have this weird habit where I would constantly pick up pieces of junk. Ha, ha, I remember to this day thinking that if I could pick them up and collect them then I'd be able to make something cool. At least to a child anyway. I did this for days on end taking these weird things like rocks and pieces of metal home and soon realised that I was a child and didn't really have the knowledge to build something cool like a robot of of a couple of rocks and a few bits of metal. Nevertheless I continued, collecting this worthless stuff until one day I was walking home from school for one of the first times and I found a small box on the side of the rode.

I spotted it from afar and it immediately peaked my interest. At first I didn't grab it. It almost felt wrong like at that point I realised that these things I had been collecting were wrong but there was no way I was going to stop there. I waited around a bit and when I was sure no one was around I ran over to grab the box. It was on the side of the road so someone must've threw it out of there car. As soon as I picked it up I stuffed it under my shirt and went home trying not to let anyone see that I had the box. When I got home I snuck it past my mom and went into my room to examine it properly. I don't know why I didn't tell my mom I guess I really was feeling guilty for taking it. As I held it in my hands I realised how large the box was. I could balance it on one hand but to carry it around properly I needed two. It was a dark navi blue colour and on each face it was slightly indented that created a frame around the edges.

On each of the faces there were strange markings in gold. I wouldn't go as far as to say "alien" but at the time that's what it reminded me of. It was probably just fancy writing. As I ran my fingers across the edges I cut my fingers. When I went to look I saw there was blood but also a splinter lodged in there. After a couple of knocks on the box I was pretty sure it was made out of wood. I was ready to begin to investigating further until I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. It was my mother! I scrambled around and searched quickly for a place to hide the box. The cupboard! Of course! It was just in time because as I was jumping back onto my bed my mom came in. She was asking what I wanted for dinner. After us arguing about it for a few seconds I told us that I didn't mind and she went back downstairs saying that she'd just make some fish fingers and that was that.

After that I well don't remember. I think I fell asleep but by the time I woke up my dinner was done. I went down and say with my family. My mother and father to be more precise. We sat and ate and talked. It was nice. We did this almost every day but I enjoyed the interaction no less each day. After we had finished the meal of fish fingers, beans, and chips my mom brought out three bowls of custard.
"Embrace your dreams and whatever happens, protect your honour as soldier" - Zack Fair

"I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear I will always remember when the Doctor was me." - The Eleventh Doctor

"I'm simply a madman without a box"