Author Topic:  Elder Scrolls Online!  (Read 12855 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls Online!
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • actually you can have 16 accounts. 8 for the U.S. and 8 for European servers. In a way that's a bad thing because some players you know will play on one and the others will play on the other making you create two characters to play with each of them. This can be bad because while you are playing with one the others are leveling up and getting stronger then you causing you to fall behind.

Even so, this game is not about competition to me. I am playing for the lore, the fun, the Elder Scrolls feel. I don't care about them getting higher level than me, or being stronger. I don't PVP so it doesn't really affect me at all. I do quests, dungeon diving, exploring, crafting. Let them grind to their hearts content. I treat this like a solo game with other players running around me. :D

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
    • Legendary Member
    • Potato!
    • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    • Xbox: II FerGie x
    • PSN: II_FerGie_x
    • Steam: iifergiex
    « Reply #76 on: June 13, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
  • Best Answer

• Atlas was talking about when the PC version of the game first came out which he said was true, you did have to pay $15 every month but now it has all changed so the Console version isn't what it was like when the PC version first came out. Bethesda has managed to fix most of their issues that was originally on PCs launch.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #77 on: June 13, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Atlas was talking about when the PC version of the game first came out which he said was true, you did have to pay $15 every month but now it has all changed so the Console version isn't what it was like when the PC version first came out. Bethesda has managed to fix most of their issues that was originally on PCs launch.

Seems like he was speaking about Console, as he didn't mention PC in the conversation. But alright, never mind. Yeah I heard the PC version was a bomb. But this is definitely improved if the last one was THAT bad.

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
    • Legendary Member
    • Potato!
    • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    • Xbox: II FerGie x
    • PSN: II_FerGie_x
    • Steam: iifergiex
    « Reply #78 on: June 13, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Seems like he was speaking about Console, as he didn't mention PC in the conversation. But alright, never mind. Yeah I heard the PC version was a bomb. But this is definitely improved if the last one was THAT bad.

In the post you quoted, you said "I don't know why this flopped on PC." and towards the end of Atlas post, he said "I can see why they flopped". That's the part which indicates he was talking about the PC version since the console version hasn't been a flop.

Anyway, I'm still holding off from buying this game, even with the praise it's got from people on the console version. I've been playing Witcher 3 of recent and I'm more focused on playing RPGs and single player games at the moment rather then online games. Might look into it in future when there's a discount possibly.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
    • Atlas Telamon
    • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    • Xbox: atlh3
    • Steam: The_Green_Condom
    « Reply #79 on: June 13, 2015, 03:48:03 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Seems like he was speaking about Console, as he didn't mention PC in the conversation. But alright, never mind. Yeah I heard the PC version was a bomb. But this is definitely improved if the last one was THAT bad.
    I was talking about the games launch, which was on PC.

I did alot of research when deciding if I was going to buy it or not, but this review was the nail in its coffin

https://m.

I will eventually get it, but I'm not paying $60 for something that was that broken at launch. Probably $30 is the price range ill wait for

Miner of the Month for January 2014
    But you can call me the salaminizer!
    #BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • ☽♕۞♕☾
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #80 on: June 13, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • I was talking about the games launch, which was on PC.

I did alot of research when deciding if I was going to buy it or not, but this review was the nail in its coffin

I will eventually get it, but I'm not paying $60 for something that was that broken at launch. Probably $30 is the price range ill wait for

Well that's your opinion, I'd wait too if you aren't a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series. I am a die hard fan, so I look past the minor glitches and set backs. They have been more willing to fix things asap than Rockstar did with their farce: GTA Online. I still have a love/hate relationship with that part of the game. Either way, it's a great game but hold off unless you really enjoy the elder scrolls.

Gary

• Tester
    • Supreme Member
    • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #81 on: June 13, 2015, 07:56:59 PM »
  • Best Answer

Only had to watch the first 15 minutes. Definitely not buying this game anytime in the near future. Perhaps never.

Paying $60 plus monthly fees to play a game that still emphasizes in-game purchases, and has an unplayable multiplayer (in a goddamn MMO) sounds like something almost as inherently broken as Destiny.

No thanks.

Link to my youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
    • Atlas Telamon
    • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    • Xbox: atlh3
    • Steam: The_Green_Condom
    « Reply #82 on: June 13, 2015, 08:07:54 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Only had to watch the first 15 minutes. Definitely not buying this game anytime in the near future. Perhaps never.

Paying $60 plus monthly fees to play a game that still emphasizes in-game purchases, and has an unplayable multiplayer (in a goddamn MMO) sounds like something almost as inherently broken as Destiny.

No thanks.
    It's no longer pay to play. It's a one time purchase now. Loot has been fixed, crowding has been eliminated, apparently a crime system is now in place. So if you are going to get it, get in on console, since console launch has apparently been pretty smooth. PC was the terrible version

Miner of the Month for January 2014
    But you can call me the salaminizer!
    #BanAtlas

Gary

• Tester
    • Supreme Member
    • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #83 on: June 13, 2015, 09:50:02 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • It's no longer pay to play. It's a one time purchase now. Loot has been fixed, crowding has been eliminated, apparently a crime system is now in place. So if you are going to get it, get in on console, since console launch has apparently been pretty smooth. PC was the terrible version

Only have PC for gaming, so there's that. Also, sounds like multiplayer is still an issue.

And, honestly, I don't have faith in a company that would produce that at launch.

Link to my youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • ☽♕۞♕☾
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #84 on: June 13, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Only have PC for gaming, so there's that. Also, sounds like multiplayer is still an issue.

And, honestly, I don't have faith in a company that would produce that at launch.

It's not, there is some issues when it comes to HIGHLY crowded areas. Even then, some PC mmo's have that issue too. But even still, it soldiers through regardless. Aside from the PC flop, the console port is quite good! No need for monthly sub, optional aesthetic items in the Crown Store, and the game is really fun all around. Like I said, it pulled a Diablo 3 on everyone. The PC version sucked, the console version is good. Aside from a rocky launch, which is to be expected since EVERY mmo has that issue at launch, it's a great game. I will stand by it constantly. I've played it, so I know the facts about it thus far. If you love the series, BUY IT. You won't regret it.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
    • - Jaz
    • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
      • View Profile
      • The Useless Web
      • Awards
    • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
    • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
    • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
    « Reply #85 on: June 17, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Got eso for ps4 add me if ya wanna play :)

'Jaz_the_MAN_2'

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
    • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    • Xbox: Quadraphinic
    « Reply #86 on: June 21, 2015, 02:23:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I got it for the PS4 as well, however I'm very disappointed with the graphics and the frame rate issues. I'm still going to give it a while to see how I like it over all, but it's not going to be a favorite.
    Cheers Quad
    Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
    "The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
    I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
    I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    • Xbox: pringle2009
    « Reply #87 on: June 21, 2015, 09:29:54 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • At first I didn't find it too enjoyable mainly because the components in Skyrim like how lock-picking was done was made more basic, swimming under water isn't possible, and less thing are able to be looted. Continuing through though I've grown to like it and enjoy it

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • ☽♕۞♕☾
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #88 on: December 21, 2015, 03:33:52 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • There has been some decent updates to the game so far. One such issue was becoming a vampire or werewolf. Most times you either had to find the right creature at the right time, and hope it would be enough to turn you. OR, hope someone was nice enough to turn you (since they can only do so once a week to one person). Most times they'd just charge you a large sum of gold for it. Now, it seems, you can purchase this ability yourself in the Crown Store for 1,500 Crowns.

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #89 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
  • Best Answer

thanks for showing me the reasons not to buy this game lol