Author Topic:  Dig Deep Flooding  (Read 709 times)

ZyniX

• View Profile
    • Awards
Dig Deep Flooding
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:25:33 AM »
Will Dig Deep will ever have liquid flooding like creative is getting in 1.8? How come it is only being implemented in one game mode?

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
Re: Dig Deep Flooding
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:27:15 AM »
You cannot flood using creative tools but you can still use buckets. The reason creative tools are only available in creative mode is because they are creative tools. Dig Deep and survival require you to work for your resources.

ZyniX

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
What about flooding through digging? If I remember correctly the game prevents you from doing that. Will that ever be implemented?

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »
When liquid physics gets introduced to the game I'm sure that will be the case. :)

ZyniX

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
Thanks for the quick answers! I am sure Craig has a bunch of great ideas for future patches. I guess only time will tell.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 12:33:51 AM »
A lot of great ideas. You will see more of them mentioned when you press "Update" in the menu of the game when 1.8 is out. :)

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 09:23:07 AM »
Will Dig Deep will ever have liquid flooding like creative is getting in 1.8? How come it is only being implemented in one game mode?
I believe the Creative Flooding feature you refer to may not be what you are thinking.
It's my understanding the Creative Flooding in 1.8 is not to do with the liquids, rather, it is used to 'fill in' using blocks which kinda act like a liquid -i.e filling every area within its container.

For example if you blew a hole in the floor you could Creative flood it with the Grass block to refill that entire hole, however it is shaped.

Like YoungSyko said; Liquid physics may come later but I believe all the liquids still act the same as before, for now. Although there are now placeable water&lava blocks, which I believe are singular blocks placeable anywhere which will not spread/flood. -Remaining as singular blocks regardless of there containment.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:59 AM »
You are right Muds.

TheGamingChief

• Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TheGamingChief
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »
What about flooding through digging? If I remember correctly the game prevents you from doing that. Will that ever be implemented?
later it will like it says liquid physics will come in the future.
~TGC

Message me on Xbox to play i play Role Playing Maps Challenge Maps & Survival maps

GT: TheGamingChief

YouTube: TheGamingChief