Author Topic:  Looking for Adventure Worlds  (Read 814 times)

Adventures of Ummm

• Adventures of Ummm
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Looking for Adventure Worlds
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:43:02 PM »
 Hey guys, I alongside my team are looking for some adventure worlds once the update is out to feature on our YouTube channel in the form of Let's Plays. Keep in mind as with anything, there's a few rules.

1. A good adventure world is highly detailed, this means a giant brick square is not a house...

2. "Go kill the evil wizard!", is not a good story concept.

3. For the love of God, do not place hour long stone paths in an attempt to "pad out" the pacing of your world.

4. Take your time while creating your adventure world, do not rush it.

5. Make sure it is easy to follow! Quests, battles are always welcome though.

6. A CHALLENGE WORLD IS NOT AN ADVENTURE WORLD!

7. Keep in mind you would not feature in the video visually, nor would any of your friends/associates.

If you have a world you wish to share with us, yes, share, we don't have the time to join your servers, then please post a few details in this thread and either post your Gamertag here, or PM either Savoci or me. By posting your world in this thread you are agreeing that youn are willing to share your world with one of the team within Total Miner: Forge.

Thanks, we can't wait to see your maps!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:58:35 PM by Spidey »
Adventures of Ummm

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
Re: Looking for Adventure Worlds
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »
Hey, once the update is out I will be working on my new adventure map.
I will put the story plot below but first I would like to say that this map will be highly detailed, as all my maps are, and will have an interesting story plot.
The stories plot line is:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
The player finds themselves in a dark room with a locked door. Explaining their situation is their own journal. They have been locked in the attic of an apparently large residence. To escape the room, the player must crawl through an air vent hidden beneath the desk. They emerge into a grand but also dark main hall. There are twelve doors; three on the ground floor and three on the above floor. Another air vent allows them to enter a bedroom on the top floor.

Inside, they find a journal of the owner's and the key to the room. The key also opens another door on the lower floor, as hinted by the painting above the chest containing it. The player moves from room to room, acquiring keys for completing simple puzzles(good luck with this part), eventually leading them through a study, lab, master bedroom, observatory, and even a torture room, in addition to the numerous servant's rooms.

Along the way, you gain more and more insight into the life of the owner. It would seem that he was utterly insane. He killed all of his servants, torturing them until they could no longer continue. Then, near the end of the map, the player finds mention of themselves. In his journal, the owner has written:

"I have found them! The last one left! They sometimes exist, sometimes not. But I will find them. When I do, they shall be locked securely in the attic."

The player finds the key to the final room with that journal. When they enter the room, they find the key to the front door, as well as the final journal.

"The madness is not so strong now. I can hold it back long enough to explain. I see now that there are none left. All other residents have been murdered. I murdered them. I tortured them all. The one that my insane mind believed was the final servant... they were only in my head. Soon, when I forget my sanity, I will go lock myself in the attic as both the owner and the servant. I killed them all. Now, I shall imprison myself for what I have done, although I may not know it at the time. Whoever you are, wherever you came from, take this key and leave. Never return, ne--

Lies! Lies have been written! The author shall be punished. I have them now. They will be locked away now."
My GT is Quarantined II so if you have any questions PM me on here or message me on xbox.

Adventures of Ummm

• Adventures of Ummm
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »
Hey, once the update is out I will be working on my new adventure map.
I will put the story plot below but first I would like to say that this map will be highly detailed, as all my maps are, and will have an interesting story plot.
The stories plot line is:
The player finds themselves in a dark room with a locked door. Explaining their situation is their own journal. They have been locked in the attic of an apparently large residence. To escape the room, the player must crawl through an air vent hidden beneath the desk. They emerge into a grand but also dark main hall. There are twelve doors; three on the ground floor and three on the above floor. Another air vent allows them to enter a bedroom on the top floor.

Inside, they find a journal of the owner's and the key to the room. The key also opens another door on the lower floor, as hinted by the painting above the chest containing it. The player moves from room to room, acquiring keys for completing simple puzzles(good luck with this part), eventually leading them through a study, lab, master bedroom, observatory, and even a torture room, in addition to the numerous servant's rooms.

Along the way, you gain more and more insight into the life of the owner. It would seem that he was utterly insane. He killed all of his servants, torturing them until they could no longer continue. Then, near the end of the map, the player finds mention of themselves. In his journal, the owner has written:

"I have found them! The last one left! They sometimes exist, sometimes not. But I will find them. When I do, they shall be locked securely in the attic."

The player finds the key to the final room with that journal. When they enter the room, they find the key to the front door, as well as the final journal.

"The madness is not so strong now. I can hold it back long enough to explain. I see now that there are none left. All other residents have been murdered. I murdered them. I tortured them all. The one that my insane mind believed was the final servant... they were only in my head. Soon, when I forget my sanity, I will go lock myself in the attic as both the owner and the servant. I killed them all. Now, I shall imprison myself for what I have done, although I may not know it at the time. Whoever you are, wherever you came from, take this key and leave. Never return, ne--

Lies! Lies have been written! The author shall be punished. I have them now. They will be locked away now."
My GT is Quarantined II so if you have any questions PM me on here or message me on xbox.
Awesome, looking forward to seeing it. Would you be okay for it to be used in a YouTube series once it is completed?
Adventures of Ummm

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
Would I be ok? No, I would be delighted!  :P

Adventures of Ummm

• Adventures of Ummm
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:59:08 PM »
 Then yo maps gonna be in a AOU video! :D
Adventures of Ummm

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »
Great, can't wait! ;D

SpiderKiller

• Awards 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DerpySwagger
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »
I started an adventure map a while a go and got late into production, but then school hit and I couldn't work on it. But when the update comes out I will be rebuilding it with my much improved building skills(honed them in many many hours of minecraft and total miner). It had a possibly cliche story, but as a 14 year old, I believed it was awesome!

The Story involves a kingdom that has fallen into chaos where 3 brothers(along with there followers) fight for control of the throne, but during the chaos of this 3-way*he-he civil war, a gateway to hell opens allowing the invasion of the spiders and their leader. And with the kingdom split into 3, no side is strong enough to fight against the onslaught of spiders and demons.(I take a large amount of inspiration from Skyrim and Oblivion)

My last map was huge and this one will be on a much grander scale. I would be honored if, once you see my map, you would like to play it.

signature by Madminer

0_______________0

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 12:48:15 AM »
You're in luck, my friend. My partner and I specialize in adventure maps. Expect to see one within a month.