Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Starbound  (Read 9582 times)

B3N

• why call it a spade, if it isn't a spade?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Xx B3NN xX
Re: Starbound
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »
Whats the player cap for multiplayer? Haven't played this since like the first week of early access.
Don't know, can't say i've ever reached it, been in a world with 9 before so i reckon it's a decently sized number

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
Whats the player cap for multiplayer? Haven't played this since like the first week of early access.

From what I've read, the default is 8 but you can increase it like in Terraria to what you wish for.

BeardedSHROOMS

• View Profile
  • Xbox: BeardedSHROOMS
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
If the cap is a decent number, we definitely need a server for people from the forums.

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »
If the cap is a decent number, we definitely need a server for people from the forums.

I've been hosting one on which anyone on forums can join if they ask. (Don't want to post my IP publicly)
Agykoo and B3N have joined so far and have made great progress. Unfortunately I can only host after school and when I'm not sleeping. If you want the IP, Just ask and I'll send you it in a PM.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »
I've been hosting one on which anyone on forums can join if they ask. (Don't want to post my IP publicly)
Agykoo and B3N have joined so far and have made great progress. Unfortunately I can only host after school and when I'm not sleeping. If you want the IP, Just ask and I'll send you it in a PM.

MINI FORT!!!!!!! for great justic! ^_^ and my garden of doom ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »
so i started to go around some, figuered out i could zoom out form my planet and go to other plants in that solor system ^_^, as its a ton of fuel to go to other souler systems. its 1/4 the amount to go to diffrnt planets in the same souler system.

also figuered out you can make coal with wood, 10 wood for 1 coal. sounds liek a pain but its easy enough to get the 1k wood to make 100 coal. ^_^!!!! so now i basickly deforest whole palents thast i viste XD ^_^

also foudn out i can set my start planet as my home, and even if i move my ship form it i can still warp back to the my set home planet or to the one my ship is over very easly ^_^

speaking of witch i found a snow planet and now FIANNLY have the insane amounts of leather to make my snow armor. might make it my new hoem planet

um found an arid world, was pretty scary, found a few adbadoned camp sites and houses. i think they where bird people, i foudn oen being chased by minsters, i think they can get killed off and not repasne, is kinda silly. also found a group of cultist in a grave yard XD ^_^

also found a very disterbing prision. i have no idea what race the guards where, but they were hostial to me and droped guns ^_^!
but then it got super disterbing becuse it had my race of forula in the prisson cells. i tryed to relshe them but they all attacked me any way, i think they where just super hungry and needed to eat, so its ok i had to kill them :(

then it got even worse, i found a death pit. filled with bones at the bottom of the prison, showing this game has its dark parts for sure. was unsettling to say the lest.

on another arid plaent i found a ape coloney. they aculty got along with me, and i felt bad for them, aparitnly they live in a 1984 world were there consistinly watched. they were cool tho ether way.

found a single bird person or 2 in a odd house here and there out in the wilds, there meanys and suck.

found a few more food recpies, but still no techs or wepaon blueprints.

hope to look at the snow world today ^_^, maybe make it my hoem world ^_^

anywho

BeardedSHROOMS

• View Profile
  • Xbox: BeardedSHROOMS
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
Ok, send me the IP and I'll definitely play sometime.

B3N

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »
so i started to go around some, figuered out i could zoom out form my planet and go to other plants in that solor system ^_^, as its a ton of fuel to go to other souler systems. its 1/4 the amount to go to diffrnt planets in the same souler system.

also figuered out you can make coal with wood, 10 wood for 1 coal. sounds liek a pain but its easy enough to get the 1k wood to make 100 coal. ^_^!!!! so now i basickly deforest whole palents thast i viste XD ^_^

also foudn out i can set my start planet as my home, and even if i move my ship form it i can still warp back to the my set home planet or to the one my ship is over very easly ^_^

speaking of witch i found a snow planet and now FIANNLY have the insane amounts of leather to make my snow armor. might make it my new hoem planet

um found an arid world, was pretty scary, found a few adbadoned camp sites and houses. i think they where bird people, i foudn oen being chased by minsters, i think they can get killed off and not repasne, is kinda silly. also found a group of cultist in a grave yard XD ^_^

also found a very disterbing prision. i have no idea what race the guards where, but they were hostial to me and droped guns ^_^!
but then it got super disterbing becuse it had my race of forula in the prisson cells. i tryed to relshe them but they all attacked me any way, i think they where just super hungry and needed to eat, so its ok i had to kill them :(

then it got even worse, i found a death pit. filled with bones at the bottom of the prison, showing this game has its dark parts for sure. was unsettling to say the lest.

on another arid plaent i found a ape coloney. they aculty got along with me, and i felt bad for them, aparitnly they live in a 1984 world were there consistinly watched. they were cool tho ether way.

found a single bird person or 2 in a odd house here and there out in the wilds, there meanys and suck.

found a few more food recpies, but still no techs or wepaon blueprints.

hope to look at the snow world today ^_^, maybe make it my hoem world ^_^
thanks for this, i learnt!!  ^-^

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2014, 01:20:17 AM »
played some more today, snow world is a nightmarish place, you HAVE to have on the snow infitry gear to live more then a few secs on the planet as the freeze bar goes down VERY quick. sadly the snow gear offs almost no armor or hp tho. so I was having a tuff time even on an alpha snow world.

found an arid world where it rained falling stars, was amazing to watch ^_^!!!!

moon worlds are evil, you frezze very quick like a snow world, but with the added awesome of there being no air >.>

astarioed areas are evil too, again no air and freeze very quickly.

found a item I can make that gives me air, but it needs mats I don't have acces to yet.

I have yet to find an item that the 3d printer will let me scan in, idk if its just not working yet or what?

made a neat discovery, that probly every one but me knew XD, when you sleep you donr lose food bar, so you can walk away and leave yoru charictor in a bed and not lose food bar ^_^, been doing it trying to get my garden to grow, I think totmatos and eye plaents are buged. have tons of wheat that grew but there not gorwing yet.

also confirmed for sure, that unless your in the idiemiet area near farming stuff, the plaents don't grow.....this is a huge problem and needs to be fixed. or at kest have thr grow times sfifncakintly shortend or and have that they grow if your on the same plaent at lest.

also guns are blah, I had an aloha gun and it didn't do much. even against alhpah mobs.

got a beta area gun form a beta prision, again full energy bar barly took away half a beta mobs hp, this a joke and guns need to be serueisly buffed. even if it just took my full energy bar to take out one mob, it means that if theres more then one mob it becomes pointless to use the guns.

also the slow powerful shot guns are even more worthless, the machne guns at lest take half a bar of hp away for my bar of energy XD

also I noticed in some areas, like the ape towns I have been in,m theres a switch on one of the big banans, it makes a noise if I press it in, but cant seem to find what it does? also found one in a super high tech lab ^_^

speaking of witch, found a super high tec lab ^_^, at first I though it was just one of the ape outposts, but I nopticed the metal was a different color. also it had 2 robots in it I have never seen before, they both had machine guns and even had shields!!!

even on an alpha world with me in gold armor, it was a tuff fight :O! it had a switch in the room too I could use on a computer, no idea what it did tho :O!?

also I found out theres hidden walls/floors in this game ^_^!!

went to someones house in a beta world and threw dumb luck my mouse went over the floor and it lite up :O! I was able to activate it and it lead to a trusre chest ^_^. the description for the floor was "these brcks smell different" (lol my cute flora XD) ^_^

so that's cool and makes me wonder if I ever missed any others :O!! ^_^

o hay if you haven't yet, theres an item form the teair 3 stuff called pixel printer (not that pixel compressor). If you build it and use it, it makes it so you can not only build a ton of new cool thing (including the upgraded bandages!!!) but it makes it so you can build a ton of stuff with OUT any work bench or such stuff ^_^!!!

love the upgraded bandages, have been a life savor for sure ^_^. tons of other things I have tested yet XD ^_^

da agy! ^_^ #1 cutist flora in the universe! ^_^ (or at lest that super cool rare teir scarfe I found says so XD) ^_^

anywho

B3N

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »
Todays Events:
downloaded the custom space ship mod!!!
Made a sky island and built a house and a small farm
spawned a female of my kind, and two guards to keep safe
decorated the house
made music with fergie and friend
moonwalked a robot
mined to the lava
secured my sky island with fences
watched my female acquaintance jump off the sky island :(
cried :'(
eventful day, must say the custom base mod is pretty sick!