Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Starbound  (Read 10089 times)

GrimTimes

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Gr1mT1m3z
Re: Starbound
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:54 PM »
I have played this game for about twelve hours already, and I can say that I was having a blast. Since it is just the beta and a lot of features have not been implemented yet, it is very entertaining. Playing this has been a refreshing experience. From what I have gathered so far is that the in game progression is similar to Borderlands. I would definitely recommend this game. It is your choice on whether or not you want to play the beta.
<--- Click for my texture pack and info!

Moonlit Nights

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 08:21:20 AM »
I bought it as soon as the beta was released but damn the game likes to eat my poor 4Gb of RAM so I have to build a pc to play this game... anyway managed to get to a frozen planet but that didn't go well so I stayed on my forest planet with a great castle. And I must admit the game is difficult :P

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
I bought it as soon as the beta was released but damn the game likes to eat my poor 4Gb of RAM so I have to build a pc to play this game... anyway managed to get to a frozen planet but that didn't go well so I stayed on my forest planet with a great castle. And I must admit the game is difficult :P
Craft some of the snow resistance armor. It's made of leather.
-Alionz

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
I have a hard time believing a game like that could use anywhere near 4gb of Ram. You must have something else running. You might want to check and see what is using up the ram.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
can't wait till it comes out of beta ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 06:07:26 PM »
I have a hard time believing a game like that could use anywhere near 4gb of Ram. You must have something else running. You might want to check and see what is using up the ram.

It is recommended to have 4GB of RAM. All specifications are here.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
It is recommended to have 4GB of RAM. All specifications are here.
It is recommended to have it so your computer can run while playing the game. It won't actually use 4gb of ram. Won't get anywhere near it.

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 06:48:51 PM »
It is recommended to have it so your computer can run while playing the game. It won't actually use 4gb of ram. Won't get anywhere near it.

I know that, it's recommended to include all other things needed to run the computer such as a OS along with the game itself. I just saying it's recommended to have 4GB of RAM for a smooth experience. Not sure exactly why Moonlit Nights had problems... just wanted to post Specifications, that's all.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »
I know that, it's recommended to include all other things needed to run the computer such as a OS along with the game itself. I just saying it's recommended to have 4GB of RAM for a smooth experience. Not sure exactly why Moonlit Nights had problems... just wanted to post Specifications, that's all.
That is fine. It is just that you replied to me so I felt I needed to respond. XD

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »
Does it really chew up all your ram? memory leaks maybe? Does it start out using a lot of ram or does it gradually use more and more?

What are your other specifications?