Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Starbound  (Read 10070 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Starbound
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »
Starbound, the sequal to terriaria.

finaly out for open beta (gota pay for it) for steam. watched the trailor for it and it blew my mind, that and made me cry...........but tthats part becuse the music is so epic and well suited to it and that awesoem looking, and part becuse i am an emotional wreck XD but enough about me let us watch da trialor!!!!

i for one can not wait, and ligit worry about wasting many many days of my life playing this soon to be epic game ^_^!!!!
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

stewydeadmike

• Elite Member
  • ( ゚ヮ゚)/
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: stewydead mike
  • PSN: don't have one
  • Steam: stewydeadmike
Re: Starbound
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
this game just looks pure epic o:

BeardedSHROOMS

• View Profile
  • Xbox: BeardedSHROOMS
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:17:03 PM »
Starbound, the sequal to terriaria.

finaly out for open beta (gota pay for it) for steam. watched the trailor for it and it blew my mind, that and made me cry...........but tthats part becuse the music is so epic and well suited to it and that awesoem looking, and part becuse i am an emotional wreck XD but enough about me let us watch da trialor!!!!

i for one can not wait, and ligit worry about wasting many many days of my life playing this soon to be epic game ^_^!!!!
Its not a sequel to terraria as far as I know. Same artist though.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
Its not a sequel to terraria as far as I know. Same artist though.

seqaul in that its the same peopel who made terria and they have said before they are doen with it and are working on starbound ^_^. lest thats what i read last a while ago.

anywho

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 07:37:01 AM »
Its not a sequel then, as its not related to Terraria at all.

Anyway, it looks good and here is a link to find more info and a place to purchase it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/211820/

Current prices : $14.99 USD for a single steam copy
                      $44.99 USD for a 4 pack of the game.

Copy paste of the blurb

In Starbound, you take on the role of a character who’s just fled from their home planet, only to crash-land on another. From there you’ll embark on a quest to survive, discover, explore and fight your way across an infinite universe.

You’ll encounter procedurally generated creatures and weapons, discover populated villages and abandoned temples. Explore planets dotted with dungeons, eyeball trees and treasure. Make use of over a hundred materials and over one thousand in-game objects to build a sprawling modern metropolis or a sleepy secluded cabin in the woods, and do all of it alone or with friends!

Starbound lets you live out your own story of space exploration, discovery and adventure. Settle down and farm the land, hop from planet to planet claiming resources, or make regular visits to populated settlements, taking on jobs and earning a living. NPCs are scattered about the worlds, offering quests and challenges for those looking for a little extra excitement in their lives.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:15:11 AM by Kitty »

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
This game looks amazing. I might need to get a steam account. Would definitely want to play this.

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Agy it's not a a sequel to Terraria at all. I think what you saw is that some of the people (including a few artists) worked on Terraria before Starbound.

I'm really excited for this game! I've watched so many YT playthroughs but they just seem to be releasing too slowly, so I may aswell buy it myself. :D

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »
This game this incredible! I want it now! :D

Maybe one day, I can host a Multiplayer Server for you all like I did with Terraria. ;) :D :P

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 09:16:51 PM »
I saw a Youtuber play this and it looked amazing, and it personally doesn't look much like Terraria, just 2D and a few textures.
-Alionz

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 03:06:35 PM »
reading on the offical site, for now, there gona be delteing worlds reguarly, so dont go nuts on building during beta.

there also planing on doing soem charcitor wipes for a while, so dont get to attached for now.

found this, suspidly form a stream they did:

PLEASE NOTE: This is all subject to change if the Devs wish it too, just passing along the info

-All character will be fully wiped upon game launch
-They only expect 2 more character wipes in this beta - more can always happen if something breaks though!
-One wipe will be of the player data - they will tell people to store items in the ship during this time
-One wipe will be ship data - they will tell people to store items on their character during this time
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:09:13 PM by Agykoo »

anywho