Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Starbound  (Read 10071 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: Starbound
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »
made a new charictor and played for about 2 hours today.

was not impressed.....................at all....................

if any thing its worse then it was before sadly.

first da good things.

the tutorial makes sense now (kinda.......at lest more so then before).

new mobs

better missions.

start world isint a living nightmare filled with posion rain

found a dungeon and it was very well done.

now for agys grips.......

night time is 2x as long as day. I am sure its an illsuee but it feels worse then before.

the start takes FOREVER.......... I spent 2 or so hours and have yet to be able to make even a copper pick ax...........

mining sucks, sure with a pick ax its fine, but ..............you cant even make a pick ax till you get your hands on a decent amount of both copper ore for the pick ax its self............and then a decent amount of iron ore for the anvile........

yes I need a ton (for the start of the game) of iron ore to build an anvile just to make copper stuff.......grrr.......

I saw some copper. but it was insanely deep underground, only reason I found it is because I came acorss a dungeon and was able to follow it deep underground, to mine my way down that far would be utter madness using the starter ray thing.

been across what I emagin is nearly the whoel surfice world, no copper or just coal. so sadly I gota go deep down for copper. cant even emagin for iron :O

enemys are a lot tuffer to deal with now.

returning to the ship and then back to the surfice no longer resets the day/night...........meaning theres huge chunks of tiem where your stuck doing nothing. as the night time mobs are silly powerful early in the game.

theres no "take all" still............

other stuff XD

perpelexing stuff

for better or worse, they removed both hunger and cold...............blah

you can upgrade your ray to mine ore faster (not tested yet), and the next upgrade seems to be mine liquaied?

I am gona play it some more, but those are my thoughts so far ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »
I got it yesterday actually, I've started work with a friend and my partner and its a lot like terarria, but it seems to be more....idk how to explain it but refined in a sense I like the customization of the characters a lot and the idea of different planets etc but something about the aesthetics look off to me, does anyone else think that? or am I just being picky xD

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »
played some more today.

cant reapir pick axes any more...............the copper one is a joke it lasts for a few mins at best.

copper is almost 100% useless. its used to make copper pick axes and the hoe and a cooking table. after that it has zero use (that I found). can not make armor or weapons with it any more.

was able to get enough iron ore for the anvile. has some iron weapons and armor..............just like before besides the 2h hammer. it makes zero sense to make any other weapon.

at the point were I need to now go to the planets core and get an item to fix my ship.

but honestly its a pain in the butt to exsplore now. because your stuck with just the ray gun (witch mind you upgraded is amazingly faster, but the iossue is its very small area). and it has such a small area. and yea I guess if you find tons of copper you could make a ton of pick axes. but they take up space and don't stack sadly.

anywho. I am using the dungon I found to go deep. so far so good.

o funny thing I may have forgot to mention.....................rain raises water levels.............EVERYWHERE. even if your in a cave and theres no water in it. if it starts to rain and your near the opening on screen. the cave will fill up with water XD

also water now defies all logic and magickly moves up. as in if your in the water and dig up.............the water now magickly defies gravity and air and takes up the new space where there should be air, so becarful under water ;D ^_^

best of luck ^_^

anywho

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »
played a little bit more last night...........and I think I am done for now.

honestly the water thing annoys me to no end. dig down...........o look water, let me............nope cant do that, because any time I try to make an air pocket it fills up with water and leaves me with no air.

the water thing is evil. I made a dam and opend up a thing to get to a new natural cave...............then I found out it had more water then I thoguth it did and I sucuced in flooding 5 seprate tunnles including a cuple I have not been down yet..........runining my mine.

yes there is a way to "collcect" water but it needs a TON of silver for so early in the game. and I cant get to said silver because every time I turn around there I water EVERYWHERE.

I don't understand why they changed this, it used to work the way terarias water did.........somewhat realaistic.

now it trys its best to level its self out, but even if that means that it latterly climbs rocks and floods every thing.

la sigh. I will wait till the next update (hoping that's not yet another year) till I give it another shot.

I want it to sucuced, but this is silly.

anywho

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »
played a little bit more last night...........and I think I am done for now.

honestly the water thing annoys me to no end. dig down...........o look water, let me............nope cant do that, because any time I try to make an air pocket it fills up with water and leaves me with no air.

the water thing is evil. I made a dam and opend up a thing to get to a new natural cave...............then I found out it had more water then I thoguth it did and I sucuced in flooding 5 seprate tunnles including a cuple I have not been down yet..........runining my mine.

yes there is a way to "collcect" water but it needs a TON of silver for so early in the game. and I cant get to said silver because every time I turn around there I water EVERYWHERE.

I don't understand why they changed this, it used to work the way terarias water did.........somewhat realaistic.

now it trys its best to level its self out, but even if that means that it latterly climbs rocks and floods every thing.

la sigh. I will wait till the next update (hoping that's not yet another year) till I give it another shot.

I want it to sucuced, but this is silly.

The water physics haven't changed, they've been this way for quite a while.

It can be frustrating, at times, but if you avoid water entirely instead of trying to mine through it, digging tunnels becomes a lot easier.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
The water physics haven't changed, they've been this way for quite a while.

It can be frustrating, at times, but if you avoid water entirely instead of trying to mine through it, digging tunnels becomes a lot easier.

define quite a while? I have never seen them like this before.

I would love to advoid water, maybe I just have bad luck with it, but it is everywhere underground and most of the ore I have found so far has been under water.

anywho

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2015, 06:12:42 PM »
(clears throught)

REVENAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agy shall destroy da water!!!!!!! ^_^

anywho

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »
define quite a while? I have never seen them like this before.

I would love to advoid water, maybe I just have bad luck with it, but it is everywhere underground and most of the ore I have found so far has been under water.

I have played Starbound on and off for the past couple of months, so I wouldn't be able to give an exact timeframe for when the water physics were like this. But I can say, for sure, that they have been this way before the recent major update came.

As for you running into water a lot, just seems like unlucky terrain generation.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2015, 11:46:22 PM »
I have played Starbound on and off for the past couple of months, so I wouldn't be able to give an exact timeframe for when the water physics were like this. But I can say, for sure, that they have been this way before the recent major update came.

As for you running into water a lot, just seems like unlucky terrain generation.

hmmm maybe there was an update between when I stoped played (over a year ago), and the most recent one ^_^

anywho

XdeathXreaperX1

« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »