Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  US Government Shutdown?  (Read 553 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: US Government Shutdown?
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »
Warning: that graph is from FreedomWorks, a far-leaning right wing group founded by the Koch family.

Anyways, aside from my general mistrust of the lunatic fringe, I dont think failure to raise the debt ceiling will crush America, but it could hit our credit rating, which would be bad.

For other views, we have these guys:  http://abcnews.go.com/Business/betting-us-credit-default/story?id=14170908       http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/15/fitch-negative-watch-us-aaa-credit-rating/2989837/

Of course, liberals and conservatives have the issue of seeing that little chart different regardless of how they think about the possibility of a default or lowered rating. Liberals see a shortfall of income. Conservatives see an excess of spending. Very few people seem to advocate both, particularly in Washington.

its only far rigth becuse your far left ^_^, its only center right if that. you keep on getting bombared by news organazations that you claim to be fair liek abc, yet they keep on going fruther and fruther left. making things that are really center or center right look far right.

you do knwo if we littrly take every ones money in our country there would be no real dent in oru debt? its never been a revune problem its a spending problem. then it gets worse when 47%+ of our cournty doesint even pay a federal tax. what happens when that hits 50%+. you gona tax the rich more? the top 1% (witch is only 250k+ a year) already pays the vast majarty of what the country takes in in taxes. what happnes when there money is gone?

as to the passing of the debt ceiling............so now what? great you passed it, now its up again come january/febuary. whats the grand plan now? why do we even have a debt ceiling if were just gona raise it eveyr single time it comes up? hope mitch macaonal likes that dam he got in the bride to pass it.
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
47%+ of our cournty doesint even pay a federal tax.

I believe in 2011 only 155million americans filed for their federal income taxes. At least that's what I heard on the radio at that time. 155 out of 308...

EDIT: I tried to find somewhere to back up my claim but it seems all i get is "Romeny... 47%... etc etc" so I can't seem to find the actual numerical figure :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:22:08 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
It's over!  The government shutdown is over...

For now O_o

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
for now...
I'm an Architect

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
We probably have at least 2 months until it starts all over again.

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »
its only far rigth becuse your far left ^_^, its only center right if that. you keep on getting bombared by news organazations that you claim to be fair liek abc, yet they keep on going fruther and fruther left. making things that are really center or center right look far right.

I didnt really want to snip down your post but this needed to be responded to directly. I am a registered independent voter with left leaning ideas. Stalin was far left.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/17/winners-losers-shutdown-debt-ceiling
Winners and losers ^ page. The Blaze had a page detailing which winners and losers pages were best and this was one of them, so in the interest of offering a conservative-approved opinion i post this.

One strong trend is that the US tends to be blaming republicans for the shutdown. I feel sorry for moderate and responsible republicans, because they have to take the bullet for the tea party people at the core of the shutdown.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/11/american-mood-worst-since-financial-crisis-poll/
Here is a small quote that highlights the lack of republican faith and tea party involvment:
Even some core GOP groups, such as rural residents and older men, are more likely to blame Republicans for the standoff. White Americans, who held more favorable views of the GOP throughout the 2012 election year, now view Democrats more favorably.

Obama’s base, meantime, has held firm. The Democratic incumbent has also seen slight improvements in his standing among white college graduates and college-educated women.

One finding likely to exacerbate internal differences within the Republican coalition is that the strategy of tea party hardliners appears to have undermined the very goals they cited in forcing party leaders to adopt it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/17/wasted-weeks-media-portray-budget-deal-as-pyrrhic-victory/

The general trend of course was that America is mad at everyone, but republicans took it worst.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »
Another funny and relavent video.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 12:49:57 AM »
We probably have at least 2 months until it starts all over again.

thats teh joke, ome jan feb we get to go threw all this sgain becuse ether side is doing any thing. the rigth wants to cut spending with otu rasing taxes. the left wants to raise taxes with otu cutting spending. its a no win.

anywho

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 01:10:02 AM »
I didnt really want to snip down your post but this needed to be responded to directly. I am a registered independent voter with left leaning ideas. Stalin was far left.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/17/winners-losers-shutdown-debt-ceiling
Winners and losers ^ page. The Blaze had a page detailing which winners and losers pages were best and this was one of them, so in the interest of offering a conservative-approved opinion i post this.

One strong trend is that the US tends to be blaming republicans for the shutdown. I feel sorry for moderate and responsible republicans, because they have to take the bullet for the tea party people at the core of the shutdown.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/11/american-mood-worst-since-financial-crisis-poll/
Here is a small quote that highlights the lack of republican faith and tea party involvment:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/17/wasted-weeks-media-portray-budget-deal-as-pyrrhic-victory/

The general trend of course was that America is mad at everyone, but republicans took it worst.

party affilation means almsot nothing now. when even people with R next to there name are no diffrent then those with a D.
you your self say you have left leaning ideals, witch shows why you think a center rigth news organazaion such as the blaze is far right. all i was trying to say was that the blaze is far form far right.

dont knwo about the blaizes winners and losers thing, but form what i have read the gaurdain is a leftist news organazation.

i am gona take that cnbc artical with a grain of salt, even if it is reposted on the blaze. i dont dougth peopel hate teh repbulicans for the shutdown. i do think tjhey dont understand that most of the pain came form the whitehouse picking and choises what got shut down. i generaly suport the republicans but am really upset with them atm expcialy there leadership (micaonl who i truly hate now and beaner who i think is a coword). i feel liek thjey had somethign going then the senta republicans caved (thansk to miconal gettign that bribe). and then the house caved too. if they all stood togther liek they should have they coudl have goten what they wanted, witch was to force obama to sit down and talk. but now peopel including my self have complty lost faith in them. they can onyl lock step with the democrats so many times before i say there littrly the same party. but to start surpoting the democrats liek the artical says peopel are doing, shows those peopel were nothign but fair weather fans any way who dont really care what goes on, since the undimnental lines of pricnalables for the partys tends to be demcorats=bigger goverment, whiel republicans =smaller goverment. granted theres to many variables now adays ont he republicans side, but the idea of bigger and bigger goverment has always been the thign the dems have wanted. so for peoell to suddled stop supproting the republicans is one thing, but to then go ahead and support the demrcats too on top of it shows they dont understand/dont care what happens any way. (fear my rant and wall of text) ^_^

what were we talking about again XD? ^_^
o yea dat debt ^_^

yea sadly thanks to republicans caving, now not onyl are they getting hate form the usasl sespects, but there own base now too. and me, i am da important too ^_^

as to the debt its self nothing has changed as we gona have this joke of a figth again in a few months. nothigns gona change in that time. were porobly gona raise the debt yet again. witch again brings me back to why even have the ceiling if were gona raise it eveyr single time. china is still pushing to change the curancy used for world trade (the dollor) to there won currancy (witch is a joke, since as bad as we are china is in a hell of a lot worse place then us, there just better at propaganda then we are). the problem were gona face soon is with us keepign on incurseing the debt limit, more and more peopel are gona lose faith in the dollor, and when that haoppens we can strill broow, but they may duble our intrests rates. and bad things form there.

anywho

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2013, 02:25:44 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden Content: