Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  India temple stampede: 112 dead, more than 100 injured  (Read 92 times)

Tyler

• The Professional.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: The DaddyButter
India temple stampede: 112 dead, more than 100 injured
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
(CNN) -- The death toll in a weekend stampede outside a temple in central India has risen to 112, and more than 100 others are injured, authorities said.

The stampede happened Sunday on a bridge over the Sindh River in Ratangarh, where pilgrims were headed to a temple for a Hindu festival.

A rumor that the bridge was about to collapse caused panicked people to stampede, police told CNN sister network CNN-IBN. About 25,000 people were on the bridge at the time, said D.K. Arya, a local deputy police inspector.

I feel this is an important topic just because of how many people were lost. Sure we don't know them but they were important in someone's life. I pray for the families and friends who lost someone.

Comment your feelings on this incident?
Do you think it was an accident or purposely? For those who believe in all the conspiracy stuff.

Gamertag: The DaddyButter

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
Re: India temple stampede: 112 dead, more than 100 injured
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »
Well, it's sad but pilgrimage stampedes happen but this isnt the worst stampede and far from the worst disaster to befall the Asian world. The last big one I can recall was of course the 2011 earthquake in Japan, which killed more people than five 9/11's so by comparison this stampede wasnt so bad.

But yeah, I think wikipedia lists like 20 stampedes in the last 5 years alone. People just panic. They dont think well in crowds.

Spoiler for Hidden Content: