Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  US Government Shutdown?  (Read 555 times)

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
US Government Shutdown?
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:28:05 PM »
As of everyone in America has heard. The US Government will shut down tonight at midnight. After spending soooooooo much money and borrowing like no tomorrow, they finally ran out....again...

so Repbublicans (I mostly heard, if this is even correct) are basically shutting down the government unless Obamacare gets taken out.
like someone just said, they basically have a gun to obamas head and tell him to make a decision..... doom America or end Obama Care.
Now lets talk...opinions?
or things I think im getting wrong from USA Today?

I also felt this deserved its own topic (for its a big thing, and It doesn't fit in conspriacies)
I'm an Architect

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: US Government Shutdown?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »
As of everyone in America has heard. The US Government will shut down tonight at midnight. After spending soooooooo much money and borrowing like no tomorrow, they finally ran out....again...

so Repbublicans (I mostly heard, if this is even correct) are basically shutting down the government unless Obamacare gets taken out.
like someone just said, they basically have a gun to obamas head and tell him to make a decision..... doom America or end Obama Care.
Now lets talk...opinions?
or things I think im getting wrong from USA Today?

itsd not if obama care gets taken out, atm the current bill asks that it be delayed a single year, as well as makign it so that BOTH CONGRESS AND THE SENET HAVE TO USE OBAMA CARE TOO. yes thats rigth as it stand currently both the senate and congress men AND there staff are except form it. the republicans have put in the budget bill that they must use it also.

so as of rigth now (things change fast) thats where its at, that teh congrees has sent the ok to go forwrd, but in exchnage obama care must be delayed by a year and it removes the exception form the congres/senta men and there staff.

thats teh sticking point atm >.>, so stop blmaing republicans for this mess.
honsitly the simpel thign to do would be to accept it, but that would be to easy. XD

as well, our goverment has shut down about 7 times before now, and were all still here. its not the end of the world yet.
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »
I only blame republicans (and two democrats) for voting to get rid of Obama Care.

and thanks for clearing things up a lot more.
I'm an Architect

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
itsd not if obama care gets taken out, atm the current bill asks that it be delayed a single year, as well as makign it so that BOTH CONGRESS AND THE SENET HAVE TO USE OBAMA CARE TOO. yes thats rigth as it stand currently both the senate and congress men AND there staff are except form it. the republicans have put in the budget bill that they must use it also.

so as of rigth now (things change fast) thats where its at, that teh congrees has sent the ok to go forwrd, but in exchnage obama care must be delayed by a year and it removes the exception form the congres/senta men and there staff.

thats teh sticking point atm >.>, so stop blmaing republicans for this mess.
honsitly the simpel thign to do would be to accept it, but that would be to easy. XD

as well, our goverment has shut down about 7 times before now, and were all still here. its not the end of the world yet.
My teacher was talking about this earlier today, and if the U.S. chooses not to pay back the money. We're in big trouble.

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 08:36:14 PM »
My teacher was talking about this earlier today, and if the U.S. chooses not to pay back the money. We're in big trouble.
well think. will America really pay china any of that money back at all? I don't think so.
I'm an Architect

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »
well think. will America really pay china any of that money back at all? I don't think so.
He also said that we can raise the debt higher and try to get the money again.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:50 PM »

its not so much teh us is in truble, the WORLD is in turble, since its the us Dollor thats used for so many trading things, if our dollor tanks the world tanks. thats why places liek germany are pushing to stop using the us dollor as the main currecny.

that and we can still pay our intrest on our debt, its nto saying theres no more money for any thing, its simply saying we cant print more money/borrow more money. we get tons of money in taxes still. i think it was 2012? that we took in more tax revunie then ever in our history, yet our debt is still climbing, maybe its not a tax issue but maybe its a spending issue >.> XD
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 08:42:48 PM »
its not so much teh us is in truble, the WORLD is in turble, since its the us Dollor thats used for so many trading things, if our dollor tanks the world tanks. thats why places liek germany are pushing to stop using the us dollor as the main currecny.

that and we can still pay our intrest on our debt, its nto saying theres no more money for any thing, its simply saying we cant print more money/borrow more money. we get tons of money in taxes still. i think it was 2012? that we took in more tax revunie then ever in our history, yet our debt is still climbing, maybe its not a tax issue but maybe its a spending issue >.> XD
Also, yeah. He said that if we print more money, then the price of the U.S. dollar is going to drop/rise? I can't remember.

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
the one thing you don't do is print out more money. then the USD will tank. Look into the civil war when the confederates thought of that idea. they printed more money, and their economy crashed. the price of bread I think went to 300$.

don't print out more money, that doesn't solve jack.
Germany uses USD as their currency?

also, I heard stock market is slowly spirling down now due to the shutdown about to happen.....
I'm an Architect

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
Did the teacher explain why?