Author Topic:  Saying Goodbye to the Old Forums  (Read 658 times)

Mataeus

• Awards Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Saying Goodbye to the Old Forums
« on: April 16, 2013, 07:47:23 AM »
I posted this over there:
"The professional and reasonable human being inside me wants to listen to what Nick has to say before making an educated decision over which forum to post in, as copying my text into two is pointless and a waste of time.
However, I have to react to what I've actually seen, which is url's being blocked, Craig losing his ability to post, Moderators losing their privileges and posts disappearing (the initial page 6 of development diaries made by Baldy). Also Nick is now 'looking for new staff' implying either he's removed the extra privileges of current staff OR they've elected to jump ship and follow Craig and the testing team into a new frontier.
People will always elect to follow one side or the other in a be-all end-all dispute and someone has to be the bad guy, whether by general consensus
or self-imposed through one's actions.
Unfortunately for Nick, a man we've never met who I am sure is/will be a fantastic father, husband and day-to-day human being, this time the bad guy is you.
I'll see you all at dot net.
~M~"
~~~ Vae Victis! ~~~
Proud owner of over 125 XBLIGs
Achieved over 120,000 gs.

Gamertag: x Mataeus x

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
Re: Saying Goodbye to the Old Forums
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »
And the Drama Continues.......
Great post but it was Unnecessary.

Why can I not just sit on the fence? ._.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
While I can say Nick was never a mean guy (at least to me) I do not agree with his tactics. He is being highly unprofessional about all this and seems to refuse letting members be a part of both sites. It is either stay with him or you get the boot. There is enough evidence of this. As for us we don't mind if you use either (None of the TM team will be on the old forums as we have all been denied access to it). Nick is more than welcome to keep the forums going to have a community.  Just try not to trash the old site.

DiamondBack662

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »
And the Drama Continues.......
Great post but it was Unnecessary.

Why can I not just sit on the fence? ._.
You can do whatever you like.. but it shows a bit of a lack of moral fiber in my opinion to be a fence sitter when you know what he's done and why... plus Nick is banning anyone that mentions this site... None of the Devs or Testers will or can post there again.. nor will I... so where do you think most everyone else will migrate too? You feel free to do as you like...

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
People will always elect to follow one side or the other in a be-all end-all dispute and someone has to be the bad guy, whether by general consensus or self-imposed through one's actions.
Does that include the people whom made no judgement and simply go to best source for info, or anyone that wishes to use both sites?
Perhaps you meant to say 'I' where you said 'People'.

Squall

• Let's mosey!
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Lancers Page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GyroLancer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 04:14:36 PM »
Nicely said, I hate to say goodbye to it; but it happened.
So bye!
-Squall, I'm one of the more sophisticated members of this site. Feel free to message me if you run into any problems here.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Feel free to check out the story I'm writing! http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=366.0

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »
The only place I check for info is on the forums. I almost didn't know anything about this site until I decided to see what Craig or whoever runs the Twitter was saying about the old forums. I have noticed that some things are not mentioned on both the Twitter an forums, so where do I turn? I personally don't really use Twitter or Facebook often. What if there is something that happens and the only forum that tells it is he other. I check both, not only for that info I miss, but to help other members that are trying on the other forums. Many are staying on there and here, so why does it matter? I think that that will be a great fan forum.

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »
Yeah, but Nick has to acknowledge that it's a fan forum and he doesn't.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
that site was good while it lasted, i never had a problem with Nick, until he messed with the site and community that i was brought into, becaue of his actions, our community has been seperated... even if i hadnt been banned, i would still refrane from using that site because of the actions Nick chose to take... I hope in the end our community will get past this, but in truth, we wont, this will be a part of total miner history, and we should all be glad we ended up on the prosperous side of it. to anyone who is staying on that forum, I bid you fairwell.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim