Author Topic:  SAT scores!!  (Read 1138 times)

demman32

• Elite Member
  • Bob's Disciple
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: yogi bear triad
Re: SAT scores!!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 10:00:10 AM »
I've been aiming for the perfect score all my life. I personally can't wait till the big tests :)

Is it bad that I like school, math, learning, writing, and everything in school?
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
I've been aiming for the perfect score all my life. I personally can't wait till the big tests :)

Is it bad that I like school, math, learning, writing, and everything in school?
No man that's probably a good thing!

crazybobl

• <Insert witty comment here>
  • Awards Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »
SAT? What is that?
It's an USA test, you take it to see which college you can go to.

Like what YS said above, If I got a perfect score, I could go to any college.
Well, YS was kind of exaggerating there. Most Ivies reject tons of perfect score SAT applicants. It definitely impacts the odds of getting in, but GPA and extracurriculars also weigh on college admissions just as much if not more depending on your situation. Don't rely on learning all about college admission in high school, though. I'd recommend visiting the College Confidential Forums (http://www.collegeconfidential.com/) for any questions you may have. If you plan on attending a top university, then it is best to start preparing before you enter high school.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:57:42 PM by crazybobl »
-crazybobl

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
If you find the SAT difficult, I would recommend taking the ACT. The ACT doesn't penalize you for wrong answers, the only challenge is to answer like 70 questions in 35 minutes.
Took SAT three times, didn't get a high score so I took the ACT. Got high enough to get into an honors program at a university....
You make me smile!

Cloud 9

• Stoner, Miner, and Philanthropist
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PandaPaw64
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 10:33:03 PM »
I got:
730 on Math
620 on Reading
630 on Writing

Just shy of 2,000. I take the Physics and Math I Subject Tests soon.

The ACT's a lot easier. I aced the Science my last time 'round and got 35's on both English and Math. Reading was a 32.